PDA

View Full Version : My cast bullet notes from pre-stroke years...

Low$John
01-03-2021, 01:00 PM
MY TOP 10 BULLET CASTING LAWS

1. If the mold casts a perfect bullet, and it easily falls from the mold, it will never shoot well in a gun you own.

2. A cast bullet you had in stock, will always shoot well when used in a new gun, after you have sold the mold at a gun show.

3. If a bullet falls accidental from the mold; it will always fall on the edge of the base.

4. In a multicavity mold, only one bullet will stick in its cavity

5. You will always have a friend help clean up after casting who will mix your special hard alloy ingots with the unalloyed ingots.

6. The drippings from your bottom poor melting pot, using your best expensive alloy, will always form a large shape up to the base of your pot, which will become a precious art object to your young offspring, and be confiscated by his mother.

7. A mold handle will never come loose when used on a poor casting bullet mold.

8. No matter how hard you try, someday, someone will always out shoot you with your molded seconds you gave to them, with several witness’s present.

9. A spilled drop of hot lead will always find bare flesh if available.

10. You will always be at the tire shop, the day after a duck hunter picked up all the wheel weights for his decoys.

earlmck
01-03-2021, 01:23 PM
You nailed 'em John. Murphy rules!

#2 is not a problem for me however: I've never sold a mold. Gave a couple away that had been replaced with multi-cavity ones, but never sold one.

Rcmaveric
01-03-2021, 02:05 PM
All those are true.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

rmark
01-07-2021, 10:43 AM
All true, and from experience '9. A spilled drop of hot lead will always find bare flesh if available' hurts. It hit in the open spot between the top of my glove and the long sleeve shirt I wear when casting. Literally the only uncovered spot on me.

Three44s
01-08-2021, 04:06 AM
We all know Murphy’s Law.

Janvinovic’s Law says Murphy was an optimist!

Three44s

gwpercle
01-08-2021, 01:08 PM
Truer rules were never written !
All 10 of them... but especially #9 ... I once had a drop find a dime sized hole in my sock !
Gary