PDA

View Full Version : Pan lubing on a cold Ohio day

Ohio Rusty
01-03-2021, 12:19 PM
It is cold and wet outside. Being productive indoors. The lube is a mix of Lyman orange magic and a little JPW. Popping them out with my homemade kake kutter.

fcvan
01-11-2021, 03:38 AM
Nice pictures, sounds like a good mix too. I pan lubed in the mid 1980s while still too cash strapped to buy my own lube sizer. My reloading was done in a tin shed where the cold winters made things challenging. I had a small tin lid that I melted Javalina in and was good enough to pan lube 9mm boolits. I had bought one of the original Lee push through dies with the cake cutter. Eventually, I was shooting as cast without sizing. I put the boolits into the last holes left by the last lube session, turn on the stove (small back packing type) and by the time I could see liquid lube surrounding the boolits, I'd pluck them and set them on wax paper. It didn't take long before I could just pluck them off the wax paper, leaving a little wax ring from the excess. It had the added benefit of warming up the shed a little.

I don't lube anymore, just ASBBPC, but still have my Lyman 450 and a lifetime supply of White Label Carnuba Red, good stuff.

GARD72977
01-11-2021, 04:52 AM
What is the tool used for?

slohunter
01-17-2021, 11:22 PM
It's cold and wet in MO too, I'm using Carnauba Red and JPW. Life is good!