PDA

View Full Version : Revolver Glove Recommendations

Clovis
01-02-2021, 08:36 PM
I am looking for a good range shooting glove that can stand up to heavy use but is still dexterous and can handle the wear and tear on continued use. Anyone have a recommendation?

lar45
01-02-2021, 09:10 PM
I used to use Mountain Bike leather gloves with the padded palm when shooting over the top loads.
Don't remember the brand, but they worked.

c0wb0y84
01-02-2021, 10:49 PM
I mentioned them in a thread for lever guns but they work just as well for handguns, Mechanix Impact works pretty good.

dtknowles
01-02-2021, 11:03 PM
Baseball batting gloves from walmart or golfing gloves from lots of places. The mountian bike gloves have too much padding for me but that might be good for you. I don't know what you are shooting and If they have fingertips I cut them off. The batting gloves are so inexpensive I have many pair and don't worry about them wearing out.

Walks
01-02-2021, 11:09 PM
I have "Past" Gloves for both right and left hands.
Believe they are discontinued.
Maybe someone has old stock.

kingstrider
01-02-2021, 11:35 PM
The Caldwell shooting gloves are awesome. Padded palms for comfort with stretchy fabric in the right areas and thin fingertip areas for trigger control or access to your cell phone.

monadnock#5
01-03-2021, 05:31 AM
I have two revolvers that will, without protection, give me something that looks like a water blister on the web of my hand between thumb and index finger. Takes the skin off and hurts for a week. If you have something similar going on, put a bandaid on before you shoot. By covering the spots that hurt the most with tape, you can use the thinnest gloves you like.

For max protection it's hard to beat the mountain bike gloves with gel inserts, although they mess with the purchase on the controls.

Lloyd Smale
01-03-2021, 06:13 AM
tried a few of the padded gloves but they were to thick and made it hard to hang on to something like a linebaugh at full power. Best compromise for me was a thin leather pair of work gloves with the trigger finger cut off. Much cheaper too.

iomskp
01-03-2021, 06:48 AM
I used to use Mountain Bike leather gloves with the padded palm when shooting over the top loads.
Don't remember the brand, but they worked.

I also use Mountain Bike gloves, most bike shops have a good range to choose from

Petander
01-03-2021, 02:30 PM
I have used many different gloves but an old pair of football goalkeeper's gloves keeps hanging around.

Good leather,durable,comfortable and the material itself is very non-slip for a good grip.

Pressman
01-03-2021, 05:30 PM
For the Americans, football means soccer in Finland.

Petander
01-03-2021, 06:36 PM
For the Americans, football means soccer in Finland.

Oh yes,sorry my bad. :)

I lived in NYC for a couple of years but that was 30 years ago.

Don Purcell
01-03-2021, 06:57 PM
Mountain bike gloves whenever I feel the need. Back in my misspent youth I shot enough to get a decent callous between the thumb and forefinger but not that tough anymore

stubshaft
01-05-2021, 05:44 AM
Baseball gloves work for me. I tried padded palm gloves and didn't care for them. Mechanix gloves work pretty good too.

boatswainsmate
01-05-2021, 09:02 PM
I have a pair of these. It helps when I'm shooting my John Ross 500 Magnum with full tilt loads.
http://www.pro-aim.com/Pro-Aim.com/Main.html

alamogunr
01-05-2021, 11:16 PM
I'm still using my PAST gloves but only when I shoot heavy recoiling single actions and I don't do that much any more. A while back I bought a pair of these from Duluth Trading(They send me an email with specials every so often): https://tinyurl.com/y5k5ka8w

I don't know how well they work but got them as backup to the PAST gloves. Not sure my memory is working but I think I paid much less than the link indicates.

Shuz
01-07-2021, 08:44 PM
PAST shooting gloves have worked for me down thru the years. Now that I'm pushin' 80, I find myself shootin' more 1000 fps area loads that don't require gloves, at least not for me.

nicholst55
01-07-2021, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately, the Past gloves (and other Past products) have been discontinued for several years. I had a pair of the Caldwell gloves, and was not impressed. They are not at all durable in my experience, and began showing serious wear after only two range trips with moderately recoiling handguns.

Vance in Ak
01-27-2021, 01:23 AM
I have a pair of these. It helps when I'm shooting my John Ross 500 Magnum with full tilt loads.
http://www.pro-aim.com/Pro-Aim.com/Main.html

I use the same & really like them. Light enough that I hardly notice them, but they do make a difference with heavy loads for me.

Winger Ed.
01-27-2021, 01:33 AM
Over in the work glove section at Home Depot/Lowe's they have a pair that are leather- maybe deer or goat skin, and real thin.

They'll work well until something better comes along.
But if they don't fit well the first time you try 'em on--- they never will.

Other ones I've had good luck with are Tillmans they sell, or can order for ya at the larger welding supply stores.
There's 2-3 different kinds of them. They look like European driving gloves, and they're made of deer or elk skin.
They'll flex/stretch & get broken in and be as comfortable as a high quality pair of boots.

jonp
01-27-2021, 03:07 AM
https://www.nashbar.com/giro-strade-dure-supergel-cycling-gloves-black-bright-red-2016-xl-7068722/p481320?v=480644

Groo
01-30-2021, 12:12 PM
Groo here
I used a handball glove...... worked up to my 350rem mag single shot.

Led
01-30-2021, 12:39 PM
I've used golf gloves in the past, they worked fine.

winelover
01-31-2021, 08:28 AM
These:

Aegend Adjustable Thin Cycling Gloves - Touch Screen, Anti-Slip Full Finger Mountain Bike Gloves - Breathable Sports Gloves for Biking, Workout - Unisex Motorcycle Gloves for Men/Women, XL

Available on Amazon (Prime) for $15.............just bought my second pair, for a spare, in case they are discontinued. I like them that much. Normally don't shoot with a glove. But my CA 2 1/2" Bulldog erodes the skin off the first joint of my trigger finger. With arthritis, I have a prominent bump there. Solves my problem. Can now shoot an unlimited amount of rounds, during a range session. The gel padding, on the palm, is nice and in the right place but not necessary for my application. Most of my handguns wear rubber grips.

Winelover