PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast

country gent
01-02-2021, 01:39 PM
Today woke up (always a good thing there) and decided to fix the breakfast from the movie The Cowboys with John Wayne. Now were burning Daylight.

Walks
01-02-2021, 02:31 PM
So just biscuits ? And bacon ?

lightman
01-02-2021, 02:45 PM
Bacon, eggs and toast here. Watching old westerns all day and keeping a fire going.

country gent
01-02-2021, 03:04 PM
Yep bacon on a biscut. made 2 of them up.

SciFiJim
01-02-2021, 08:07 PM
Today woke up (always a good thing there) and decided to fix the breakfast from the movie The Cowboys with John Wayne. Now were burning Daylight.

Did you make gravy with the grease? :)

Three44s
01-02-2021, 09:41 PM
I am afraid that Bruce Dern plays a bad guy just too well. I have never liked him for some reason. Anybody who would allow their character to murder (back shoot) any character that John Wayne plays in is just not worthy of my respect!

Good breakfast however!

Three44s

Finster101
01-02-2021, 09:50 PM
Did you make gravy with the grease? :)

You mean Red-eye gravy?

WebMonkey
01-02-2021, 09:53 PM
You mean Red-eye gravy?

red eye gravy is coffee gravy.

mmm

Gtrubicon
01-02-2021, 10:53 PM
Hmm, I had a pork chop in a can

fatnhappy
01-02-2021, 11:09 PM
Breakfast is one of my 3 favorite meals.

Ural Driver
01-02-2021, 11:12 PM
If I do it correctly, there are just enough eggs to make it thru breakfast........but the biscuits and bacon are good for a couple more snacks throughout the day........

country gent
01-02-2021, 11:16 PM
When we were all home Mom would joke breakfast came in premeasured packages, A dozen eggs a lb of bacon loaf of bread.

Hogtamer
01-03-2021, 12:18 AM
smoked doves left over from last night with a couple of cheesy scrambled eggs.

GregLaROCHE
01-03-2021, 01:17 AM
I enjoy breakfast, but not until after ten. I like to get most of the farm chores done first, so I can relax and enjoy it. Lots of fresh eggs fried in bacon grease.

richhodg66
01-03-2021, 09:55 AM
I am afraid that Bruce Dern plays a bad guy just too well. I have never liked him for some reason. Anybody who would allow their character to murder (back shoot) any character that John Wayne plays in is just not worthy of my respect!

Good breakfast however!

Three44s

I read where Bruce Dern believed that role killed his career and he was always "the guy who shot John Wayne in the back" from then on. I agree, he is a good villain but he's done some non villain roles as well, notably, a short, but hugely important part of All the Pretty Horses as the judge at the end. He was also the central character in an indy movie called Nebraska that was kind of interesting.

I remember when I was young, I didn't really think The Cowboys was that great, now, after some years, life experience and being a father, I'd rate it as one of Wayne's very best, Right behind True Grit, The Shootist and The Searchers.

bedbugbilly
01-03-2021, 10:37 AM
You guys are making my cup of coffee and container of low fat yogurt look pretty prissy! LOL

But - I do remember my Mom cooking us bacon and eggs in a large cast iron pan that had been well seasoned by years of use . . . homemade buttered biscuits and honey . . . . its just didn't get any better . long before we had all these doctors who don't want a person to eat anything! :-)

When I visited my aunt down in southern Indiana - she would always put on the dog for breakfast - thick bacon, eggs fried up in the bacon grease, homemade biscuits with lots of good red eye gravy and if she had it, a thick slice of "old ham" - took me a while to get used to it as it was so salty but I never left the table hungry! Good memories - all of them.

Sweetpea
01-03-2021, 11:05 AM
We put up 50 pounds of bratwurst (elk/ pig)the other night, and the extra bits of sausage from cleaning out the stuffer went into the fridge.

Going to use that up in some biscuits and gravy this morning.

memtb
01-03-2021, 11:51 AM
Breakfast is generally, a large potato microwave cooked, cubed, then lightly browned in bacon grease, with small cut bacon or sausage, onion, and topped with shredded cheddar cheese, topped with 3 large eggs over-easy. This makes for a good breakfast that will stay with you for a while!

We cut the bacon slices into small pieces, lightly brown and store in refrigerator, the breakfast sausage is also lightly browned and stored. It really speeds up breakfast if the meats are already precooked and on standby. The bacon grease is saved for frying eggs, or a splash in green beans when pan frying.....bacon grease is an essential at our house! :smile: memtb

Der Gebirgsjager
01-03-2021, 11:53 AM

Chunked potatoes, sliced sweet onion, sliced Hillshire smoked sausage, fresh jalapeno peppers, salt and pepper, fried in olive oil.
Serve with some La Victoria salsa brava. Got to stay with it and turn it every few minutes. Olive oil rather than vegetable oil really enhances the taste.

DG

kenton
01-03-2021, 12:00 PM

A can of Guinness?

Breakfast of champions right there. :drinks:

Mal Paso
01-03-2021, 12:12 PM
The usual, 2 eggs and hashbrowns on Lodge cast iron.

richhodg66
01-03-2021, 12:15 PM

What is a pork chop in a can?

owejia
01-03-2021, 12:19 PM
Sister gifted me some dressed quail for Christmas. Step daughter breaded and pan fried, made gravy with drippings to go on home made biscuits. These were plucked with skin on and had breast bone removed, with wings and legs left on. I made a glutton of my self and ate 6 of them for Christmas Eve morning breakfast. Tasted almost as good as the wild quail we used to hunt when a youngster. My Mother cooked them this way and remember fond memories of eating them this way. None left in this part of the country anymore.

375supermag
01-03-2021, 12:44 PM
Hi...
Alternate breakfasts every other day hereabouts.
Oatmeal and wheat toast with hot Earl Grey tea one day and four pieces of sausage with three fried eggs and wheat toast the next. On days my wife doesn't work she adds hash browns or home fries to the sausage and eggs breakfast.
This morning she decided to add thick sliced bacon to the mix as well. I may not eat again until tomorrow.

gbrown
01-03-2021, 08:47 PM
Our breakfast is what I would call eclectic. Oatmeal, cheese toast, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, etc. Today, we had biscuits and sausage. Tomorrow, I'm thinking some breakfast tacos with pico and left over sausage.

Gtrubicon
01-03-2021, 09:28 PM
A pork chop in a can is a beer! Not a light or low carb beer, a real cold frothy make you fat n happy beer!

Gtrubicon
01-03-2021, 09:32 PM
Funny though, this am my wife and son collaborated on breakfast that included, biscuits, gravy, bacon, sausage and eggs. We very seldom do a breakfast like this, it makes me sleepy. We usually make a fun weekend dinner of a meal like this. Meat and eggs were not bought at the store I’m proud to say

TonyR
01-03-2021, 11:28 PM

Chunked potatoes, sliced sweet onion, sliced Hillshire smoked sausage, fresh jalapeno peppers, salt and pepper, fried in olive oil.
Serve with some La Victoria salsa brava. Got to stay with it and turn it every few minutes. Olive oil rather than vegetable oil really enhances the taste.

DG

Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Der Gebirgsjager
01-04-2021, 11:44 AM
It was!

DG

762 shooter
01-04-2021, 12:44 PM
Breakfast for supper is always good.

Walks
01-04-2021, 01:27 PM
What ?!

Nobody eats pancakes anymore ?

Big ones covered in butter and drenched with KNOTT'S Boysenberry Syrup. Bacon on the side.

country gent
01-04-2021, 01:41 PM
Pancake 2 eggs over easy another pancake butter and syrup... MMM

Idaho45guy
01-04-2021, 07:31 PM
I work graveyard shifts, so haven't had breakfast in a looong time. Woke up at 2:30 pm today, on my day off. Two cups of coffee is my breakfast. Girlfriend will be here in a couple of hours and will cook supper.

My favorite breakfast ever is a plate of corned beef hash, a couple of eggs, and a couple of slices of buttered wheat toast.

gbrown
01-04-2021, 08:10 PM
What ?!

Nobody eats pancakes anymore ?

Big ones covered in butter and drenched with KNOTT'S Boysenberry Syrup. Bacon on the side.
Yeah, we eat pancakes from time to time. 2 7-8 inch pancakes, maybe some breakfast sausage on the side, and a sunny side egg up on top. I like honey on mine.

snowwolfe
01-04-2021, 08:58 PM
Pancakes and sausage with buttered toast is welcomed anytime. We rarely eat breakfast out, but when we are in Vegas usually hit a breakfast buffet once or twice. A full plate is often all we will eat for the day. It’s worth every calorie we put in our body. From the omelette made to order to more bacon and sausage you can possibly eat.
Call your cardiologist when you get home.

gbrown
01-05-2021, 10:31 AM
Breakfast for supper is always good.

It's always welcomed by everyone in our house![smilie=w: