PDA

View Full Version : Gad! Talk about no willpower, sheesh.

Buckshot
12-17-2008, 05:16 AM
............Pal Larry calls this AM and leaves a message, "Hey Rick, ya wanna do lunch and then maybe go to Big John's (Nice gunshop) or something? Gimme a call, I'll be on the cell phone". So after having a cup of coffee out in the shop communing with the tools and stuff, and thinking about the dangers involved I called him back and said, "Sure".

After a roundabout drive to his house I pulled into his driveway. He only lives maybe 4 miles away but I have some kind of mental problem with his location in relation to mine. I can NEVER simply drive straight there. I have no problem going FROM his house to mine however. Wierd. He meets me at the door and says he has a new pocket pistol oddity. He's rather infatuated with these little old timey revolters made from the 1870's to about 1910 or so.

This time he has one of those really offbeat looking things that screams 'Pre 1900 European'. You know, those baggett type grips, and that doohicky that sticks up at the top of the grips like it's a stop for the web between your thumb and index finger? It's a pinfire and looks to be 36 to maybe 38 caliber. Has a Belgium proof on the cylinder and it's double and single action. Not in too bad shape and has quite a bit of silver single line inlay. The rifling is VERY pronounced like it was done by driving a gear through the barrel sideways. Anyway he has a couple dozen of'em and a few he even shoots :-)

Like 9.3x62Al he'd recently bought a Colt Dick Special. It's pretty nice if you like revolters with no barrel. Doesn't have a shrouded ejector rod, bluing is about 98% and the grips look 'ungripped'.

We get to Big Johns. They have a felt pen board next to the door for Specials and it says Merry Christmas. Then below that it says "Nothing Special, same old high prices". Glad nothing has changed since last time I was here! Skads of nice rifles in the racks behind the counter. Out front they have the floor rack with used rifles. As usual some milsurps priced a bit higher then a casual purchaser would prefer to see. A pre-64 M70 Winchester rebarreled to 6.5 Gibbs for $450. Another catches my eye and it's a Mannlicher in 6.5x54 M-S. Neat rifle. Not abused but someone has done a BUNCH of hunting with it, and it has a $625 sticker on it.

Over on the other wall are the lever guns, Sharps, Lightnings, H&R's etc. A new looking M94 30-30 for $375 Hmmmmmm............ Some Italian M73's and a few Rossi's, 1886's, Marlins. What's this? Looks like a Rossi M92 Clone but a 24" round barrel and really nice wood, engraved reciever and a cresent butt, but no buttplate? So I asked to see it. BIG mistake. What's with the missing buttplate? Said it was one of several rifles from an estate sale and the buttplate was simply not there.

However he said he had one on order and it should be here this week. It's a made in Japan Winchester marked 1892 in 45 Colt. Fully engraved action, and it looks new (except for the missing buttplate. $450 is on the tag so I said I'd take it, sheesh! Well, it's cheaper then the Rossi's :-) Larry started laughing and asked if I'd figured out yet how this was going to be his fault? I said that was easy as it had been his idea to come up here. I don't like the rebounding hammer and the safety on the tang but the rifle is gorgeous, nice wood, and brilliantly blued.

I get to pick it up on the 27th. A Saturday. Donna will be home. Gotta figure out someplace to go where she won't want to come along.

..................Buckshot

oldhickory
12-17-2008, 07:34 AM
Hmm, yeah...I have that same problem from time to time. Ya see it and all of the sudden ya feel wealthy enough to buy it. Then ya scheam and plot on how to get it in the house without it being noticed right away. After a while it just sorta blends in with the rest of em, then...Ya go out and pick another one up...Then another!...It never ends, this happy sickness!

Congrats on your latest purchase!:drinks:

pumpguy
12-17-2008, 10:25 AM
I have the same sickness with Marlins. Just how many 30-30s does one man need?????

Calamity Jake
12-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Every time I bring home another firearm my wife says "Your going to have to get a bigger and or another safe and the next gun you get is for ME" :!:

SO every other one's hers. [smilie=b:

I love it. [smilie=w:

ktw
12-17-2008, 12:52 PM
I've been buying guns to leave to my grandkids. With any luck the first of them will be along in 12-15 years. I feel it is my responsibility to only have classy and/or interesting guns to pass on.

Nice score on the Miroku 92. I would have had a hard time passing on that one at that price, too.

-ktw

KYCaster
12-17-2008, 01:22 PM
I have the same sickness with Marlins. Just how many 30-30s does one man need?????

"Need" has nothing to do with it.

Jerry

leadeye
12-17-2008, 03:26 PM
I always explain it this way, money hates me. It is hard to get it to come around and really difficult to make it stay. Makes me feel unwanted. Guns on the other hand are easy to get to follow me home and they never leave, always faithful friends. Makes me feel happy.

9.3X62AL
12-17-2008, 06:59 PM
I always explain it this way, money hates me. It is hard to get it to come around and really difficult to make it stay. Makes me feel unwanted. Guns on the other hand are easy to get to follow me home and they never leave, always faithful friends. Makes me feel happy.

Absolutely priceless, as are all deep truths.

Congrats on 1) the new riffle and 2) being awake prior to 5 P.M. That last bit is almost unprecedented.

I discovered another local shop and another local range (!) on Sunday, courtesy of Bent Ramrod's intro. You gotta get up here, Mijo.

One more item.........I'll thank you to reserve your pithy commentary on the snubguns, sir. Out of friendship, I have taken great pains to NOT mention ANYTHING about those yard-long-barrelled Mauser and Mosin-Nagant abominations you favor and the obvious "compensating" involved in their acquisition and use. It's one of those weird Freudian trains-in-tunnels things they discussed in Psych 101 that I slept through the lecture on, so I'm not as conversant on the matter as I should be. I did scan the Cliff's Notes for the final exam, though--and can recognize the signs readily.

hydraulic
12-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Al: I spent 3 yrs at USNOTS back in the late 50's. There was a rifle range a mile or two south of the main gate on the road to Inyokern. Is that the same one as in your avatar?

Shootn
12-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Man....I wish you hadn't posted about that beat-up 6.5X54MS. Talk about weaknesses!:roll:

KirkD
12-17-2008, 11:12 PM
I had one of those Winchester/Miroku Model 92's in 45 Colt. Very fine rifle. I think you'll like it.

9.3X62AL
12-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Al: I spent 3 yrs at USNOTS back in the late 50's. There was a rifle range a mile or two south of the main gate on the road to Inyokern. Is that the same one as in your avatar?

Hydraulic--

The range site in the avatar is at Winnemucca, the now-closed public facility where NCBS was held for several years.

I know of no range site adjacent to Inyokern Road at present. The 2 sites I'm familiar with are about 6 miles SW of town, south of Hwy 395.

Buckshot
12-18-2008, 02:07 AM
Congrats on 1) the new riffle and 2) being awake prior to 5 P.M. That last bit is almost unprecedented.

Just so you know, I have been rolling out as early as 0900 lately but cannot fathom others' infatuation with such early (barely post dawn) rising hours. Donna kinda slammed the door as she left for work last week so I was awake (albeit a short time) at 0630 once, but not for long.

One more item.........I'll thank you to reserve your pithy commentary on the snubguns, sir. Out of friendship, I have taken great pains to NOT mention ANYTHING about those yard-long-barrelled Mauser and Mosin-Nagant abominations you favor and the obvious "compensating" involved in their acquisition and use. It's one of those weird Freudian trains-in-tunnels things they discussed in Psych 101 that I slept through the lecture on, so I'm not as conversant on the matter as I should be. I did scan the Cliff's Notes for the final exam, though--and can recognize the signs readily.

I have some with short barrels too ya know. Those with 22" barrels always make me think of holsters. You have SNOW and you want me to come up there :-)? You want to make like friend Maven and have to shovel out a path to the target? It's cold enough here. Heck, I can go outside and see my breath, HA!

................Buckshot

txbirdman
12-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Buckshot,

An old boolit casting friend and firearm fanatic (now disceased) bought a couple of those '92's with the rebounding hammer and since he was prone to disassemble every firearm he owned before shooting it discovered that the "rebound" feature could be eliminated by grinding off a "leg" of a particular part. After destroying one part during his learning curve he successfully modified his two Japchesters to the way they were originally designed.

Boomer Mikey
12-18-2008, 11:44 AM
I've acquired the same illness for Winchester 94's lately... got 6 of them now; how many 30-30 Winchester 94's can a guy use? I just got another one for $250 from an estate sale apparently unfired and I don't hardly shoot 30-30 at all.

I'm going to convert this one to 35/30-30 to add to my "conversion" collection. So far... 375 Winchester, 356 Winchester, and this 35/30-30 conversion.

I'm blessed with a wife that like to see me happy and will actually go to matches and gun shops with me; she even buys me a rifle now and then... she's truly the love of my life!

Don't worry about getting more than you can use, we won't be able to buy any more soon enough.

Boomer :Fire:

wills
12-18-2008, 12:16 PM
If you lived here in civilization instead of the peeples republick of kaliforniastan, you’d have that rifle home already!

JDL
12-18-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm going to convert this one to 35/30-30 to add to my "conversion" collection.

I've wanted one for years! Tell us how it turns out.

Buckshot, That 92 will probably be one of your most shot rifles after you get it. The're just too much fun to go to the range without at least 50 rounds but, 100 will not be out of order. :-)
JDL

Catshooter
12-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Rick,

I sincerly understand your serious, uh, problem with this latest purchase.

I find it helps if you visit this site several times a day. That'll help.[smilie=1:

You can count on us to help you through this tough time.:drinks:

Cat

waksupi
12-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Just stick with us, Buckshot. We won't let you buy anymore firearms. Not one. Unless you really want it. Or it's something you don't have, or find a really good deal. Or if it may be a little better condition than what you already have at home. Other than that, you will be restricted from any more firearms.

Don't worry, brother. We have your back!

wills
12-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Just stick with us, Buckshot. We won't let you buy anymore firearms. Not one. Unless you really want it. Or it's something you don't have, or find a really good deal. Or if it may be a little better condition than what you already have at home.
Don't worry, brother. We have your back!

Or you already have one and need another to have a matched pair.

Heavy lead
12-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Tell her you saved her 600 bucks for your christmas present

Buckshot
12-19-2008, 04:35 AM
...............I certainly do appreciate all my "Pal's" here willing to help me out with this issue I have with being immature about firearms purchases :-) I know that no one else here has this problem, and that there will be several strong shoulders and many words of encouragement, to just "Hang in There" until the urge passes. I feel so humbled and unworthy :-) <sigh>.

................Buckshot

Catshooter
12-19-2008, 01:15 PM
"I feel so humbled and unworthy <sigh>."

And well you should. None of us would ever stoop to doing something so low, so irresponsible . . . uh, well, gee. Due to fears of nearby lighting strikes I can not continue with that statement, sorry.

Cat

Boomer Mikey
12-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Youse guys got me thinking so I went over to my local Gun Shop to see how the guys were doing... line out the door!!! and to collect some dough from a 1911 they sold for me last week (lousy Springfield Armory Milspec made in Brasil).

I ended up leaving the place owing them more money... it seems that the owner of the place always gets one of the items on my wish list everytime he owes me money!

Anyway, I consider the money well spent, I got another 4-5/8" Ruger Blackhawk Convertible 45ACP/45Colt. I got one two months ago and it was so good that I told em to get me another if they could find one... this one is just as tight and well fit as the first one. These New Blackhawks are the best made Rugers I've ever seen and the 4-5/8" are much easier to control with heavy loads than I expected.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/images/Products/343L.jpghttp://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/images/Products/69T.jpg

I can't think of a better general use gun than these... 45ACP for self defense and shooting CAS matches with them will provide realistic practice and 320 grain hard cast heavy loads in the 45 Colt cylinder deliver enough energy for backwoods use in bear country.

These are light to carry too.

Buckshot... you need one or two of these too!

badgeredd
12-19-2008, 08:07 PM
I've acquired the same illness for Winchester 94's lately... got 6 of them now; how many 30-30 Winchester 94's can a guy use? I just got another one for $250 from an estate sale apparently unfired and I don't hardly shoot 30-30 at all.

I'm going to convert this one to 35/30-30 to add to my "conversion" collection. So far... 375 Winchester, 356 Winchester, and this 35/30-30 conversion.

I'm blessed with a wife that like to see me happy and will actually go to matches and gun shops with me; she even buys me a rifle now and then... she's truly the love of my life!

Don't worry about getting more than you can use, we won't be able to buy any more soon enough.

AND you will love the 35/30-30 conversion, I'll bet on it!!!!!!!

Edd

P.S. Thanks for the help when I built mine. NEW project is a 8x57 bored to 35 and custom long neck cases (AKA 35x60)!!!!:-D :-D [smilie=1: :drinks:

Nrut
12-19-2008, 09:40 PM
I had one of those Winchester/Miroku Model 92's in 45 Colt. Very fine rifle. I think you'll like it.
Yes you did Kirk an IIRC I paid over $850.00 Cdn$ for it and I still think I got a good deal...
Buckshot, you STOLE THAT RIFLE!

9.3X62AL
12-20-2008, 01:15 AM
...............I certainly do appreciate all my "Pal's" here willing to help me out with this issue I have with being immature about firearms purchases :-) I know that no one else here has this problem, and that there will be several strong shoulders and many words of encouragement, to just "Hang in There" until the urge passes. I feel so humbled and unworthy :-) <sigh>.

................Buckshot

Yeah, and I'm so utterly mature and responsible. Absitively and posolutely.

Buckshot
12-20-2008, 05:04 AM
..............Boomer Mikey, I have one like it only it's a .357. Bought it in 1982.

..............Nrut, considering I paid almost $200 more for a Rossi rifle in 45 Colt, and this other is so finely polished, blued, fine wood, and slickified already I thouht it was a good deal too :-)

................Buckshot

cajun shooter
12-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Good Buy there Rick, now if you can't figure a way to get it in the house. I have an idea, since you have my mailing address---------you could just box it up and well you know

PatMarlin
12-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Oh lordy I feel so much better after reading this thread!

Hello- my name is Pat and I'm a gunaholic. Fell off the wagon 3 times this month, not counting the scope I shoulda not bought.. :veryconfu :bigsmyl2:

Reminds me of a post a guy wrote I read on another subject forum where he said he was broke from buying equipment all of his life.

Allen-

Don't let my cousin give you a bad time bout' the snubbies. In fact, I got an itch I'm very seriously trying to aviod.

Anyone ever shot onna these....?

missionary5155
12-20-2008, 04:47 PM
IT is an INVESTMENT !!!

EDK
12-20-2008, 06:29 PM
My name is Ed and I'm a gun-aholic...on a forum populated by fellow addicts and enablers.

Whilst perusing the various internet auctions, I saw the twin to the Ruger VAQUERO I bought last June. AND work just called looking for "warm bodies" to work on some equipment Sunday 3-to-11 OVERTIME....and the high temperature will be 20 tomorrow here in Saint Louie. Oh well, I'll have a good reason to be freezing my a## off tomorrow evening. (My share of the extra money will get my savings close....and it's almost Christmas...and I know how to beg, having been married almost all my llife.)

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

PS I'll quote Missionary 5155 and Boomer Mikey...they're GOOOOD!

9.3X62AL
12-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Haven't shot one, Pat. I believe Ruger calls them "The No Eyebrows After Firing" Variant.

I've struggled long and diligently with Buckshot trying to show him the True Path, and it goes well in fits and starts. The K-38 x 6" was the apogee of success, and may not be equaled in my lifetime. I've sorta "hit the wall", as marathoners sometimes say.

Tristan
12-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Youse guys got me thinking so I went over to my local Gun Shop to see how the guys were doing... line out the door!!! and to collect some dough from a 1911 they sold for me last week (lousy Springfield Armory Milspec made in Brasil).

I ended up leaving the place owing them more money... it seems that the owner of the place always gets one of the items on my wish list everytime he owes me money!

Anyway, I consider the money well spent, I got another 4-5/8" Ruger Blackhawk Convertible 45ACP/45Colt. I got one two months ago and it was so good that I told em to get me another if they could find one... this one is just as tight and well fit as the first one. These New Blackhawks are the best made Rugers I've ever seen and the 4-5/8" are much easier to control with heavy loads than I expected.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/images/Products/343L.jpghttp://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/images/Products/69T.jpg

I can't think of a better general use gun than these... 45ACP for self defense and shooting CAS matches with them will provide realistic practice and 320 grain hard cast heavy loads in the 45 Colt cylinder deliver enough energy for backwoods use in bear country.

These are light to carry too.

Buckshot... you need one or two of these too!

Two of em? TWO of those convertables? And I don't even have ONE?

Man, that just ain't right!

:wink:

- Tristan

Catshooter
12-21-2008, 01:56 AM
Al,

We all sure appriciate the dedication and efforts you've put forth in guiding him onto the True Path. Some sacrifices go un-acknowledged, they're just done for altruistic motivations.

Your true selflessness is quite evident. :)

Cat

Bret4207
12-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Hate to go OT here, but I gotta ask. BUCKSHOT- ARE YOU WEARING ANY PANTS IN THAT NEW AVATAR?!?!??!?!??!?!? I tried blowing it up, but the pic remains too small to see.

(Please say yes, please, please.....)

home in oz
12-21-2008, 02:49 PM
There are alot worse things to spend your money on than guns-and more guns.

Newtire
12-21-2008, 08:06 PM
After a while it just sorta blends in with the rest of em, then...Ya go out and pick another one up...Then another!...It never ends, this happy sickness!

The missus actually likes it when I go out & get myself something but my intuition tells me when to cut back.

I bought a nice .257 Roberts AI after picking up a .256 Newton a week earlier. A good month later, I was back in the store looking to buy some powder & primers when I notice the other .257 AI still there. Along with this were 2 more .256 Newtons but these were in .256 Newton AI so just couldn't justify it in my mind. However...the Roberts is now added to the colection.

I usually bring in the stock to refinish & the lady says, "My that is just beautiful!" But this one is a tiger striped laminated number that doesn't look like anything I have. I am going to let this one cool off....

I have tapered off though and only bought one other piece since then and that was a Browning 42 remake of the Win. 42. I passed even on a nice Hi-Standard Sport-King for $350. I'm doing better I think.

I did get another safe though!

PatMarlin
12-22-2008, 12:01 AM
I am truly sic. I need to off the gun sale sights.

I saw a Marlin in Cableas gunroom last night, and just started getting the shakes. I held strong though and made it through the night, but when I got up and got my coffee, guess who I called?

Damn it's a good thing they sold that rifle.. :mrgreen:

My wife needs to get back home and kick my ****.

kingstrider
12-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Yeah I feel your pain as well. I for one cannot pass up a good deal as I always tell myself I can resell and make money on it down the road. Trouble is, most of the time I don't want to part with the new addition so wind up keeping it or maybe trading for the same thing in better condition later.

Buckshot
12-22-2008, 02:08 AM
Hate to go OT here, but I gotta ask. BUCKSHOT- ARE YOU WEARING ANY PANTS IN THAT NEW AVATAR?!?!??!?!??!?!? I tried blowing it up, but the pic remains too small to see.

(Please say yes, please, please.....)

..........Under the chinks I am :-)

http://www.fototime.com/6FD367E8E952915/standard.jpg

............Buckshot

9.3X62AL
12-22-2008, 02:22 AM
I'm happy to see that clarity in the larger photo. I had some of the same thoughts that occurred to Bret--that you and Toby were in a parade through SFO's Castro District or Cathedral City, sans Wranglers. The sepia tone of the photo prevents the observer from confirming whether Toby was blushing or not, presence of which would be corroboration of our worst fears.

NOW I'll bring by the little Colt after I pick it up.

PatMarlin
12-22-2008, 02:28 AM
I saw that mule on Gunsmoke. Festas....!

Bret4207
12-23-2008, 07:56 AM
..........Under the chinks I am :-)

http://www.fototime.com/6FD367E8E952915/standard.jpg

............Buckshot

Thankyou,thankyou,thankyou,thankyou............:mr green:

Buckshot
12-29-2008, 02:34 AM
................Picked up the Japanese M92 Winchester clone Saturday, and its as nice as I recalled. The new buttplate hadn't yet come in for it (naturally). The owner said to call Tuesday about 1300 and if it hadn't arrived he'd take one off of another for me. Regardless, once it has it's buttplate I'll take some pictures of it. I'm happy! It's a nice rifle.

................Buckshot

PatMarlin
12-29-2008, 02:52 AM
Need pics cousin...!

Boomer Mikey
12-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Two of em? TWO of those convertables? And I don't even have ONE?
Man, that just ain't right!
:wink:

- Tristan

You gotta have two to shoot cowboy action (CAS).

This makes our 4th set of Ruger single actions: 2- 7 1/2" 44 Mag Vaqueros (old style), 2- 5 1/2" 44 Mag Vaqueros (old style), and 2- 5 1/2" 357 Mag Vaquero's (old style). This is our first set of (Modern class revolvers... adjustable sights) and our first set of blued CAS guns; all the Vaqueros are Stainless.

Rugers are my favorite single actions... virtually indestructable. We have many Ruger revolvers and long guns besides these as we consider Rugers one of the best products you can buy for your hard earned money. We still have the first Ruger we purchased... a Super Single Six in 22LR/22Mag purchased in 1976, the 200th year of American Liberty.

Anyway, the 45 ACP cylinders will get used at CAS matches and we won't care as much if we don't get our brass back as I usually come home from range sessions with at least 4X more 45 ACP brass than I take... none of the young guys around here reload.

Now to figure out how to make a 45 ACP lever action conversion... I wonder if that's been done before.

Have fun,

Buckshot
12-31-2008, 03:06 AM
............Called the gunshop today about 1300 re: Buttplate for the Miroku/Winchester M92. Was told they'd gotten a big UPS delivery and hadn't been through it yet, so call back in an hour. I asked howse about I wander on up in about an hour? If the new one hadn't arrived they would take one off another rifle, I'd been told. Fine, c'mon up.

It was a beautimus day. T shirt weather and made a nice drive halfway up into the mountains. Thier resident customer relations baffoon asked, "Whatta ya need?" So I said, "Buttplate". So he say's "Oh yeah, John can handle that." Thank God. John owns the place and I have no idea why he keeps Mr Personality around. The bonehead even answers the phone like you've pissed him off somehow. Anyway I digress.

No buttplate, so John goes over and pulls a Lightening off the wall:confused:So I ask <incredulous> THAT is going to fit and he says sure, same buttstock. (Really?) Miroku made M92 clone and an Italian made Lightening clone, well okay.

Pretty soon cuss words are floating around. It appears the Italian made Lightening's buttplate has a longer heel then the Japanese made M92 Rifle's. Gee, who woulda thunk it? :drinks: SO tomorrow I get to call them about 1400. If not then I suspect it will be next Monday at the earliest.

I hope this saga wraps up soon!

Oh while waiting I noticed 2 nice older blued S&W's in the case. Two new looking M10's. One a 10-4 with a 6" bbl, and a 10-? with a 4" heavy bbl. The 6" bbl is marked $795 and the 4" is marked $395. Both look new. Can that be? Why such a price difference?

................Buckshot

Bret4207
12-31-2008, 08:34 AM
The price diff? He gave to much on the trade he took.

uncle joe
12-31-2008, 08:45 AM
I agree with Bret he got beat on one of them.
BTW Buckshot. You must have insomnia what the heck are you up typin this stuff at 1am for????
:)

Buckshot
01-02-2009, 01:08 AM
I agree with Bret he got beat on one of them.
BTW Buckshot. You must have insomnia what the heck are you up typin this stuff at 1am for????
:)

...........I used to work 12 hour shifts from 1800 to 0600 for almost exactly 6 years. I developed an extreme abhorance for being woke by an alarm clock. It's not natural :-) So I still kind of maintain the same type schedule. Modified to the extent that I normally stay up till 2-3 AM and sleep until I wake up. Nine AM is way early and so far as I know there are no numbers smaller then 8 on my clock.

.............Buckshot

Three44s
01-02-2009, 01:40 AM
My wife and I have a deal ...........

........... so long as I don't count her saddles ................

...................... she does NOT count my guns!!!!

We be happy!!!

Three 44s

Jon K
01-16-2009, 09:24 PM
No willpower is right, I keep reading stuff like that and look what happens......................

It just followed me home and found a comfy place to set for a while.....................I'll just blame Buckshot & Al.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l101/Jon_K_2006/DSC_0001-16.jpg

PatMarlin
01-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Beauty.

I feel your pain Jon... :mrgreen:

Buckshot
01-17-2009, 04:22 AM
................Hey Jon, it has a hammer! Ya gonna shoot them Buffler's with it? Nice looking rifle BTW. 45 Colt? Just blame Al, everyone else does :-)

..............Buckshot

Jon K
01-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Rick,

It's a 44-40/20" barrel, Pedersoli Lightning Deluxe.

Jon

Buckshot
01-18-2009, 04:15 AM
.............Hmmmm. That buttplate looks like it might fit my Miroku M92 WInchester. You gonna be att he range Tuesday :-)?

.................Buckshot

Jon K
01-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Hey Rick,

no buttplate yet???

Jon

9.3X62AL
01-21-2009, 01:55 AM
Jon--

I would watch that rifle's buttplate, if I were you. NICE CRITTER, and also nice to see SOME FOLKS buying replica rifles in actual historically-correct calibers. In Rick's case, the tungsten-carbide sizer die has done its evil work. He's lost.

Rick is right--blame Al for it. Add on global warming and condor mortality while yer at it, too :)

Rick--Range, on Tuesday? Has the exile expired? About time, if so.

PatMarlin
01-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Where's he rat now? Probably sleepin'. I got a PM into him. Response should arrive bout' 3 a.m. ..:mrgreen: