PDA

View Full Version : ruger backhawk sights,

acsteve
12-17-2008, 03:20 AM
is there any aftermarket sights out there? I would really like to upgrade to a more visible sight. I really like the williams firesight for the single six.

gunsbrad
12-17-2008, 08:37 AM
I have Bowen's rear sights and they are wonderful.

Brad

Shuz
12-17-2008, 11:59 AM
is there any aftermarket sights out there? I would really like to upgrade to a more visible sight. I really like the williams firesight for the single six.

I have a "Hole in the Wall" rear sight on one of my Ruger Super Black Hawks and would love to trade it for a factory rear sight.

EDK
12-17-2008, 12:08 PM
I have Bowen's rear sights and they are wonderful.

Brad

I've got the BOWEN Target rear sight on a SUPER, an ACCU SPORT and my old model SUPER, all 44s. Definitely the way to go for accuracy...like a BO-MAR on an old IPSC style 1911. What you're looking for sounds like something for quick acquisition and low light shooting.

Check BROWNELLS for the firesight. They should have something that will drop in on a stainless BLACKHAWK with the pinned in front sight. I wish RUGER would make all their front sights with pinned in blades so you could easily change them out, but they would still be sturdier than the various inter-changeable front sight systems. Jim Stroh (ALPHA PRECISION) modified my old model 44 SUPER that way after a previous owner cut the blade for an insert plus the rear sight was set to the lowest point and the gun still shot too high.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

Thumbcocker
12-18-2008, 11:58 AM
+1 on the Bowen target sights. Just plain good quality.