PDA

View Full Version : Where/how to locate a mold like 130 gr .358 LHP plain base

8shot
01-01-2021, 01:41 PM
New to casting and have searched online trying to locate a 130 grain lead plain base hollow point mold with crimp groove for sized .358 revolver bullets.

Have located the MP 360-640 which casts at .360 and 140 grain (which is out of stock anyway) but would like to locate a mold that casts 130 grain.

They must be out there somewhere..obviously not common & I just don't know where to look.

thanks

Rcmaveric
01-01-2021, 01:57 PM
Arsenal molds has somethings that looked close to what you appear to be looking for.

Personally I check Lee molds for what is m looking for. Then I turn to NOE. Between those two I normally get what I am looking for. I browse Midway day dreaming and wonder how certain bullets will perform.

After that you have Arsenal molds and few other custom guys like Mihec.

You would think there would be more mold makers but alas ther is only a handful. Bullet molds are a super niche market.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

8shot
01-01-2021, 03:21 PM
Should have mentioned the reason I want that bullet is because I have some samples of the GT Bullets 130gr LHP and am getting sub 1-1/2" groups at 50 yards in my action pistol revolver. Just ordered another chronograph today because I'm not sure (confident) what FPS I'm getting with my "vintage" CHRONY red F1 (with cardboard fusers). Targeting a 950 fps power factor.