PDA

View Full Version : Federal Arms FAL

rshooter
12-31-2020, 10:26 PM
I have come across a Federal Arms FAL that looks to be made pretty well. I was curious since I have never heard about this brand. Were they lemons or GTG?

la5676
12-31-2020, 10:57 PM
I have come across a Federal Arms FAL that looks to be made pretty well. I was curious since I have never heard about this brand. Were they lemons or GTG?
Federal Arms, FAC, was the importer, the receiver was not built by them. What else does it say on the receiver. If it says DC Industries, it was a Dan Coonan receiver, and ya can't go wrong with that. Just depends on who built it, and how well they did it. Ask for a test firing.

Led
01-01-2021, 01:32 AM
Dan Coonan receivers are ok. Imbel of Brazil is the gold standard other than actual FN. There are many other makes that are excellent but those are not encountered very often. Early DSA is also excellent, late DSA's had issue. If the receiver says C.A.I or Century or god forbid Hesse/Vulcan run screaming.

I built many FAL's back in the days when kits and receivers were cheap.

Later,
Stephen

missionary5155
01-01-2021, 08:35 AM
Those Imbel receivers will run a long time with good parts.

AndyC
01-06-2021, 11:22 PM
Dan Coonan receivers are ok. Imbel of Brazil is the gold standard other than actual FN. There are many other makes that are excellent but those are not encountered very often. Early DSA is also excellent, late DSA's had issue. If the receiver says C.A.I or Century or god forbid Hesse/Vulcan run screaming.

I built many FAL's back in the days when kits and receivers were cheap.

Later,
Stephen
^ This.

Now, some Century receivers can run fine - but some take a lotta work and some never run at all