PDA

View Full Version : eternal life...

Pages : [1] 2

exile
12-31-2020, 04:42 PM
"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,..." Romans 3:23 (E.S.V.)

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23 (E.S.V.)

"but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 (E.S.V.)

"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." Romans 10:9-10 (E.S.V.)

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1 (E.S.V.)

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 5:1 (E.S.V.)

exile

Hogtamer
12-31-2020, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the trip along the Roman road where the destination is assured.

jorg0370
12-31-2020, 11:29 PM
i’d make this a sticky, if the title were changed from eternal life to the good news (aka gospel), and i were an admin.

wmitty
03-05-2021, 08:52 PM
Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved by faith, and this not of your own doing; it is the gift of God.”

.429&H110
03-05-2021, 09:13 PM
I believe

You are a soul.
You have a body for now
animated by your spirit.

Your soul is eternal.

The only lie the deceiver needs and the one that works best
"Did God really say?"

exile
03-09-2021, 03:04 AM
"This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life."

1 John 2:25 (NASB)

exile

Wayne Smith
03-13-2021, 08:44 AM
I believe

You are a soul.
You have a body for now
animated by your spirit.

Your soul is eternal.

The only lie the deceiver needs and the one that works best
"Did God really say?"

God created man of the dust of the earth = body. Into this He breathed His breath = spirit. The man became a living soul = body + spirit. I firmly believe that we will have recognizable perfected (completed) bodies in heaven and be living souls.

GhostHawk
03-13-2021, 10:28 AM
Mathew 28,29, 30

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

We are saved, but we SERVE!
Not our will, but his.

He can give you the grace, the gift of salvation.
But we have to be willing to serve. The follow through the promise with good deeds done in his name.

By their fruit he shall know them. And the empty sticks shall be burned in the fire. But that which bears good fruit shall be watered, pruned, and encouraged to do more.

There are millions of so called "Christians" who are only Christian for an hour on sunday.
And even then they do not go to glorify him, but themselves. What fruit are they putting forth?

But there are many here who would give you the shirt off their back. Give you a place to stay while you get back on your feet.
Who would encourage you to have faith and listen to his will. Surely they will be repayed 10 times over for their faith.

Put not your treasure on earth. For anything here can be stolen, corrupted, rusted, destroyed.

Stack up your treasure in heaven by following the Masters will. By doing good to others in his name.
That treasure can never tarnish, never be stolen, or lost.

exile
03-24-2021, 02:27 PM
"Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the sake of the faith of God's elect and their knowledge of the truth, which accords with godliness, in hope of eternal life, which God, who never lies, promised before the ages began..." Titus 1:1-2 (E.S.V.)

exile
04-04-2021, 03:09 PM
"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life."

John 6:47 (E.S.V.)

May you all have a blessed Easter, comforted by the presence of our Risen Savior!

exile

exile
04-06-2021, 01:55 AM
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life."

John 6:47 (NKJV)

This verse really made an impression on me over Easter weekend, so I am posting it again in a different translation.

exile

1hole
04-06-2021, 09:50 AM
We often don't get the real meaning of scripture because we don't know the full meaning of many of the old words like "believe."

John 3:16 says those who "believe" in Jesus will be saved BUT that is NOT the simplistic "belief" we tend to think it means. Biblical belief is MUCH more demanding than the childish belief many assume it means!

Biblical belief includes the thoughts of "trust in", "rely on", "cling to", "submit to" the one we claim to believe in. In other words, our belief must affect how we think and live or it isn't a true spiritual belief at all.

Jesus' truths of Mat 7:15-27 are going to disappoint a lot of shallow "believers", many of whom will have fooled themselves because they've never been taught the real meanings and life impact of Biblical belief. IMHO, a lot of modern "easy believism" preachers will have to answer for that!

flyingmonkey35
04-06-2021, 10:15 AM
I frist read the the titile of the post

External life.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1hole
04-06-2021, 08:51 PM
I frist read the the titile of the post

External life.

Farm out man, that one is out of state! ;)

exile
04-13-2021, 02:57 PM
"As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me."

John 6:57 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
07-28-2021, 05:11 PM
"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life."

John 3:14-15 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
08-30-2021, 01:44 PM
"Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you-unless you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,..."

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
08-31-2021, 08:01 PM
"For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."

John 6:40 (E.S.V.)

exile

farmbif
08-31-2021, 08:18 PM
the way I read it, if I'm good, I get to live in the house of the lord for eternity.

ioon44
09-01-2021, 07:32 AM
Mark 10:18

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

The only wat we have eternal life is to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

None of us are good.

1hole
09-01-2021, 09:13 AM
IF we could be "good enough" to be saved by our own goodness (self righteousness), as many here believe, there would have been no reason for the perfect Lord Jesus to sacrificially bleed and die in our place on a cross.

The path to God's heaven is specific; it is NOT a broad and flexible path as some people think they think.

exile
09-15-2021, 12:47 AM
"Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth-to every nation, tribe, tongue and people-"

Revelation 14:6 (NKJV)

exile

exile
09-15-2021, 01:01 PM
"He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

Colossians 1:13-14 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-23-2021, 01:32 AM
"Come and hear, all you who fear God,
and I will tell what he has done for my soul."

Psalm 66:16 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-25-2021, 09:22 PM
"For he satisfies the longing soul,
and the hungry soul he fills with good things."

Psalm 107:9 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-28-2021, 05:24 PM
"For what does the Scripture say? 'Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.'"

Romans 4:3 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-29-2021, 04:27 PM
"Then they said to him, 'What must we do, to be doing the works of God?' Jesus answered them, 'This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.'"

John 6:28-29 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-30-2021, 05:10 PM
"So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified."

Galatians 2:16 (N.I.V.)

exile

exile
10-02-2021, 02:39 PM
"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons."

Galatians 4:4-5 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
11-10-2021, 03:46 PM
"I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one."

John 10:28-30 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
11-11-2021, 12:02 AM
"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?'"

John 11:25-26 (E.S.V.)

exile

badguybuster
11-11-2021, 06:30 AM
Truly, i say to you, "That which is flesh is flesh and that which is spirit is spirit". "Unless a man is born of water and the spirit, he cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven".

exile
11-25-2021, 04:22 PM
"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Psalm 100:4 (K.J.V.)

exile

exile
11-29-2021, 10:54 PM
"And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son."

1 John 5:11 (N.I.V.)

exile

exile
12-02-2021, 01:13 AM
"And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ..."

1 John 3:23 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
12-10-2021, 11:08 PM
"And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Joel 2:32 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
12-11-2021, 04:07 PM
"But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

Titus 3:4-7 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
12-15-2021, 02:09 PM
"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."

John 3:17 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
12-17-2021, 04:36 PM
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

exile

exile
12-19-2021, 02:58 PM
"And the angel said to them, 'Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.'"

Luke 2:10-11 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
12-21-2021, 03:38 PM
"But there will be no gloom for her who was in anguish. In the former time he brought into contempt the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the latter time he has made glorious the way of the sea, the land beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the nations.

The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light, those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shone."

Isaiah 9:1-2 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
12-23-2021, 03:16 PM
"The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us."

1 John 1:2 (NIV)

exile

exile
12-24-2021, 06:20 PM
"The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world."

John 1:9 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
12-25-2021, 08:01 PM
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 1:14 (NIV)

exile

exile
12-31-2021, 11:34 PM
"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,..."

1 Peter 3:18 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
01-01-2022, 03:13 PM
"In the path of your judgments, O Lord, we wait for you;
your name and remembrance are the desire of our soul.

Isaiah 26:8 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
01-07-2022, 03:30 PM
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."

John 5:24 (E.S.V.)

exile
01-08-2022, 02:27 PM
"And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent."

John 17:3 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
01-11-2022, 12:23 AM
"It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God-that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption."

1 Corinthians 1:30 (NIV)

exile

exile
01-12-2022, 04:04 PM
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

John 3:16 (E.S.V.)

exile
01-17-2022, 01:57 AM
"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace..."

Ephesians 1:7 (NIV)

exile

exile
01-17-2022, 05:13 PM
"Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them."

Hebrews 7:25 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
01-19-2022, 05:09 PM
"...how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God."

Hebrews 9:14 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
01-22-2022, 12:01 AM
"Jesus said to them, 'I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.'"

John 6:35-37 (E.S.V.)

exile

Good Cheer
01-22-2022, 05:56 AM
We often don't get the real meaning of scripture because we don't know the full meaning of many of the old words like "believe."

John 3:16 says those who "believe" in Jesus will be saved BUT that is NOT the simplistic "belief" we tend to think it means. Biblical belief is MUCH more demanding than the childish belief many assume it means!

Biblical belief includes the thoughts of "trust in", "rely on", "cling to", "submit to" the one we claim to believe in. In other words, our belief must affect how we think and live or it isn't a true spiritual belief at all.

Jesus' truths of Mat 7:15-27 are going to disappoint a lot of shallow "believers", many of whom will have fooled themselves because they've never been taught the real meanings and life impact of Biblical belief. IMHO, a lot of modern "easy believism" preachers will have to answer for that!

Being told He never knew me is a horror to contemplate.

exile
01-24-2022, 03:41 AM
"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."

Philippians 1:6 (E.S.V.)

exile

Glwenzl
01-24-2022, 10:41 AM
From my morning readings-

Amen, I say to you, all sins and all blasphemies
that people utter will be forgiven them.
But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit
will never have forgiveness,
but is guilty of an everlasting sin.”

Mk 3:22-30

Good Cheer
01-24-2022, 10:58 AM
From my morning readings-

Amen, I say to you, all sins and all blasphemies
that people utter will be forgiven them.
But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit
will never have forgiveness,
but is guilty of an everlasting sin.”

Mk 3:22-30

Imagine wanting to believe the lie, of knuckling under to pressure from the "instead-of-Jesus".
Or refusing, not letting the spirit speak through you when your time comes.
Overcoming means many things when I study.

exile
01-24-2022, 10:33 PM
"For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf."

Hebrews 9:24 (E.S.V.)

exile
01-25-2022, 10:23 PM
"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,..."

Philippians 3:20 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
01-30-2022, 08:30 PM
"...Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."

1 Timothy 1:2 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
02-01-2022, 06:55 PM
"For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time."

1 Timothy 2:5-6 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
02-02-2022, 10:15 PM
"Jesus said to her, 'Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.'"

John 4:13-14 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
02-06-2022, 05:12 PM
"For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed - a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: 'The righteous will live by faith.'"

Romans 1:17 (N.I.V.)

exile

exile
02-11-2022, 03:06 AM
"You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus."

2 Timothy 2:1 (NASB)

exile

exile
02-13-2022, 06:31 PM
"The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
The righteous run to it and are safe."

Proverbs 18:10 (NKJV)

exile

exile
02-15-2022, 06:17 PM
"For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death."

Romans 8:2 (E.S.V)

exile

exile
02-20-2022, 10:00 PM
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV)

exile

exile
02-22-2022, 02:04 PM
"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

Hebrews 4:16 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
02-25-2022, 05:54 PM
"And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross."

Colossians 2:13-14 (E.S.V.)

exile

flyingmonkey35
02-25-2022, 10:18 PM
Ever wonder how much of this was misinterpreted and or mistranslated to fit the scribes sense of what the he thought of the passage of at the time. After all he was hand coping it off of some other hand copied version.

I read somewhere that there are more mistranslations though out all of the different copies that it comes out to something like 300 different versions of the Bible.

Butt. That’s not the point. It’s what you as a modern reader takes away from the verses that count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Cheer
02-26-2022, 06:45 AM
Sure people think about that. But, once you find out that He does what He says and says what He does, that He answers prayers, that He is involved with this creation on a moment by moment basis and that what we here in this time of creation call "scripture" is the coordinated multiphasic publishing of the same message over and over through different paths, centuries and persons, why then you start to appreciate that there is purpose and intent behind the efforts. You find out it isn't a load of made up phony baloney. That the messaging system was designed to withstand the best efforts of both man and the devil.

Then you start digging for the gold.

exile
02-27-2022, 12:04 AM
"And you, who were once alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him,..."

Colossians 1:21-22 (E.S.V.)

exile

Johnny Diamond
02-27-2022, 01:31 AM
"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,..." Romans 3:23 (E.S.V.)

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23 (E.S.V.)

"but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 (E.S.V.)

"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." Romans 10:9-10 (E.S.V.)

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1 (E.S.V.)

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 5:1 (E.S.V.)

exileRomans 5:1 CHRIST our mediator/advocate.

FINEM RESPICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

Johnny Diamond
02-27-2022, 01:32 AM
ephesians 2:8 “for by grace you have been saved by faith, and this not of your own doing; it is the gift of god.”amen

finem respice ~ memento mori

exile
02-27-2022, 02:38 PM
"...but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name."

John 20:31 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
03-03-2022, 03:50 PM
"Then he said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.'"

John 20:27 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
03-06-2022, 06:00 PM
"May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ."

2 Thessalonians 3:5

exile

exile
03-12-2022, 04:13 PM
"In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him."

1 John 4:9 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
03-13-2022, 04:36 PM
"This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."

1 John 4:10 (N.I.V.)

exile
03-19-2022, 01:25 AM
"So Jesus also suffered outside the gate in order to sanctify the people through his own blood. Therefore let us go to him outside the camp and bear the reproach he endured."

Hebrews 13:12-13 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
03-28-2022, 04:03 PM
"But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our inequities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed."

Isaiah 53:5 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
03-29-2022, 02:28 PM
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

2 Peter 3:9 (NIV)

exile

Prairie Traveler
03-29-2022, 09:14 PM
"What doth it profit, my brethern, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
"Yea, A man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works" James 2:14, 17, 18 KJV
If you say that you believe IN Christ, will you BELIEVE Him?

exile
04-05-2022, 04:28 PM
"For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty."

1 Peter 1:16 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
04-08-2022, 02:15 PM
"And people will come from east and west, and from north and south, and recline at table in the kingdom of God. And behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last."

Luke 13:29-30 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
04-10-2022, 05:39 PM
"...for he was teaching his disciples, saying to them, 'The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill him. And when he is killed, after three days he will rise.'"

Mark 9:31 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
04-14-2022, 04:26 PM
"Jesus said to her, 'Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

John 20:17 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
04-15-2022, 12:55 AM
"So Pilate asked Him, saying, 'Are You the King of the Jews?' And He answered him and said, 'It is as you say.'"

Luke 23:3 (NASB)

exile

exile
04-17-2022, 03:10 PM
"While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel. And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, 'Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen. Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and on the third day rise.'"

Luke 24:4-7 (E.S.V.)

exile

.429&H110
04-17-2022, 03:29 PM
He is Risen!

ioon44
04-17-2022, 05:49 PM
He is Risen indeed.

exile
04-19-2022, 01:32 AM
"And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many. When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe and said, 'Truly this was the Son of God.'"

Matthew 27:51-54 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
04-19-2022, 12:41 PM
"Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality."

1 Corinthians 15:51-53 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-01-2022, 04:18 PM
"For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep."

1 Thessalonians 4:14 (E.S.V.)

exile

Good Cheer
05-02-2022, 08:05 AM
Will our reality revert back to pre-Genesis 1, to the civilization prior to the rebellion?
Do we get to ride around in those hot rods like Ezekiel described?
Yeehah!

exile
05-05-2022, 09:11 PM
"Then he brought them out and said, 'Sirs, what must I do to be saved?' And they said, 'Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.'"

Acts 16:30-31 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-06-2022, 02:34 PM
"But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, 'Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?' So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ."

Romans 10:16-17 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-08-2022, 02:17 PM
"Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, 'Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?' I said to him, 'Sir, you know.' And he said to me, 'These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.'"

Revelation 7:13-14 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-09-2022, 02:22 PM
"and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.'-and he was called a friend of God."

James 2:23 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-11-2022, 12:52 PM
"...so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him."

Hebrews 9:28 (E.S.V.)

exile

Good Cheer
05-11-2022, 04:38 PM
This is one of those threads with almost no discussion.
Not surprising I reckon considering the topic but the lack does provide something for me to ponder.

exile
05-14-2022, 01:26 AM
"For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life."

Romans 5:10 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-14-2022, 02:43 PM
"that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them,..."

2 Corinthians 5:19 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-15-2022, 01:19 PM
"For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

2 Corinthians 5:21 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-16-2022, 04:59 PM
"And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him."

Hebrews 5:9 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-17-2022, 02:36 PM
"I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

Galatians 2:21 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-18-2022, 10:40 AM
"So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his."

Hebrews 4:9-10 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-19-2022, 02:16 PM
"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession-to the praise of his glory."

Ephesians 1:13-14 (N.I.V.)

exile

exile
05-20-2022, 02:10 PM
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 8:38-39 (N.I.V.)

exile

exile
05-26-2022, 05:18 PM
"For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost."

Luke 19:10 (NASB)

exile

exile
05-29-2022, 01:43 PM
"Soon afterward he went on through cities and villages, proclaiming and bringing the good news of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with him,..."

Luke 8:1 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-30-2022, 04:33 PM
"For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross."

Colossians 1:19-20 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-31-2022, 04:15 PM
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

1 Peter 1:3-5 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
06-02-2022, 01:41 PM
"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."

Psalm143:8 (NIV)

exile

exile
06-04-2022, 07:46 PM
"...that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith-..."

Philippians 3:8-9 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
06-05-2022, 06:15 PM
"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ-by grace you have been saved-and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus."

Ephesians 2:4-7 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
06-08-2022, 03:58 PM
"But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you."

Romans 8:10-11 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
06-11-2022, 12:55 AM
"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the boundless greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places."

Ephesians 1:18-20 (NASB)

exile

exile
06-11-2022, 11:09 PM
"Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen."

Hebrews 13:20-21 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
06-12-2022, 09:03 PM
"But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you."

Psalm 5:11 (E.S.V.)

exile

dverna
06-13-2022, 12:33 AM
My little mind cannot comprehend eternal life. More specifically, what will we do in eternity? I am not sure Heaven will be “fantastic”, but it will be better than the alternative.

Will it be endless reruns...endless nights around a campfire...endless prayer...endless singing of hymns...endless adulation of the Lord...endless.....

There may be a thousand or so people I have read about that would be interesting to spend time with. And some of the most interesting would (should?) not be there....like Stalin, Gengis Khan, etc. Others who should be there hold no interest...Like Mother Theresa. So say spend a year getting to know each them and listening to their stories....well 1000 years is not much time compared to eternity.

So I wonder....will spending eternity with God will ever get old?

I hope there are puppies to play with.

Good Cheer
06-14-2022, 05:47 PM
Try to wrap your mind around there being time no more.
God exists outside of time and we are going to rejoin Him.
It's going to be... different.

exile
06-15-2022, 09:34 PM
"Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Did you suffer so many things in vain-if indeed it was in vain? Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith-just as Abraham 'believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness'?"

Galatians 3:2-6 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
06-16-2022, 10:03 PM
"Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in-who slipped in to spy out our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery-to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you."

Galatians 2:4-5 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
06-17-2022, 03:30 PM
"For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction."

1 Thessalonians 1:4-5 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
06-18-2022, 05:44 PM
"Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ Jesus, greets you, always struggling on your behalf in his prayers, that you may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God."

Colossians 4:12 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
06-19-2022, 08:41 PM
"Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, and which now has been manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,..."

2 Timothy 1:8-10 (E.S.V.)

exile

Rizzo
06-20-2022, 02:18 PM
My little mind cannot comprehend eternal life. More specifically, what will we do in eternity? I am not sure Heaven will be “fantastic”, but it will be better than the alternative.

Will it be endless reruns...endless nights around a campfire...endless prayer...endless singing of hymns...endless adulation of the Lord...endless.....

There may be a thousand or so people I have read about that would be interesting to spend time with. And some of the most interesting would (should?) not be there....like Stalin, Gengis Khan, etc. Others who should be there hold no interest...Like Mother Theresa. So say spend a year getting to know each them and listening to their stories....well 1000 years is not much time compared to eternity.

So I wonder....will spending eternity with God will ever get old?

I hope there are puppies to play with.
I have also thought about that.
It does seem like things would get old and boring after awhile.

But, that is referencing how our physical life works.
Eternal life is in a timeless realm that we do not understand.
I have read where it is described as Eternal Bliss.

God always was and always will be, is another statement that is incomprehensible to us.
How can that be?......no origin?

It seems that God did get bored, or lonely, so He created us and everything else to satisfy those feelings of His.
If that is true, then why not "create" us in "heaven" with Him rather than a Physical environment for us to have to endure with all of the pain, suffering and sadness we see here everyday.

So, eternity does conjur up all kinds of questions, but we will not "know" what is going on until we reach a level of "Spirituality" where we will say "Oh!, now I get it"!

exile
06-21-2022, 06:18 PM
"On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, 'If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'"

John 7:37-38 (E.S.V.)

exile

1hole
06-27-2022, 02:45 PM
In our present existence as humans our ideas of what eternal "life" and "death" means is both limited and very badly distorted.

Humans possess eternal existence because God's life force in us - our souls - is immortal from conception so after the first death we will "live" eternally in Heaven or Hell; there are no other options and that end is of our own choosing. God allows us to make our own choice of accepting or rejecting the salvation freely offered by Lord Jesus and, in resurrected bodies, all people will live their chosen way for eternity.

Will life in heaven ever get boring? Maybe, ... but I doubt it. On the other hand, I'm very sure those living in hell for eternity will never again be bored. Pain is an attention getter that will hold our attention for the rest of our eternal lives.

Fact is, the Bible tells us all humans are immortal in the sense we now grasp immortality.

The Bible (John 3:17-18) also says we make our own choice about living for eternity with or without Jesus; choose wisely.

exile
07-04-2022, 11:16 PM
"The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of his heart to all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!"

Psalm 33:11-12 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
07-13-2022, 11:02 PM
"'The Lord is my portion' says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in him.' The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."

Lamentations 3:24-26 (E.S.V.)

exile

Good Cheer
07-15-2022, 08:52 PM
Before he died Chuck Missler created some outstanding presentations on what we can ascertain about God through what is stated in scripture and how much we can wrap our heads around it in light of our marvelous scientific advancements. It's all going to change with time but for now it is some of the thoughts of the best and brightest humanity has to offer.

exile
07-18-2022, 06:35 PM
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,...."

Ephesians 1:3 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
07-19-2022, 11:12 PM
"See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ."

Colossians 2:8 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
07-20-2022, 06:01 PM
"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to him be the glory for ever and ever. Amen."

Galatians 1:3-5 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
07-31-2022, 09:08 PM
"Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him, That glory may dwell in our land."

Psalm 85:9 (NKJV)

exile

exile
08-07-2022, 06:29 PM
"O Lord, be gracious to us; we wait for you. Be our arm every morning, our salvation in the time of trouble."

Isaiah 33:2 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
08-10-2022, 09:07 PM
"Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days. Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, and for as many years as we have seen evil."

Psalm 90:14-15 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
08-11-2022, 10:39 PM
"In the cover of your presence you hide them from the plots of men; you store them in your shelter from the strife of tongues. Blessed be the Lord, for he has wondrously shown his steadfast love to me when I was in a besieged city. I had said in my alarm, 'I am cut off from your sight.' But you heard the voice of my pleas for mercy when I cried to you for help."

Psalm 31:20-22 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
08-12-2022, 06:22 PM
"And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

John 6:40 (NKJV)

exile

exile
08-16-2022, 10:06 PM
"And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,..."

1 Corinthians 1:30 (E.S.V.)

exile

Kosh75287
08-17-2022, 11:50 AM
I just figured that the maker of all things derives his entertainment from giving us "tests" (WHY are the always "Pop" quizzes?!?) that we are obligated to try overcoming. Some of MINE have been so ironic and hilarious, I'm FAIRLY certain that the big guy has my name cross referenced under "comedy relief", and will only let me depart this life when I my attempts to overcome tribulations cease to be entertaining. With that in mind, I'm PROBABLY looking at immortality, or something just short of it.

exile
08-18-2022, 05:56 PM
"Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

Hebrews 13:20-21 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
08-27-2022, 01:15 PM
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (E.S.V.)

exile

1hole
08-27-2022, 07:59 PM
I just figured that the maker of all things derives his entertainment from giving us "tests" (WHY are the always "Pop" quizzes?!?) that we are obligated to try overcoming.

I KNOW God knows how each of us will respond to life's challenges so our question should be, "Since he already knows, why does He test us at all?"

It's my belief that HE wants us to know exactly how we will react to temporal difficulties and there is no better way for him to show us - and those who watch us - what we really are.

When tested, we may prove to be much weaker or stronger than we think but, whichever, we will surely learn more about ourselves in the testing and, hopefully, spiritually grow in the experience.

exile
08-28-2022, 09:48 PM
"For all things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future-all are yours, and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's."

1 Corinthians 3:21-23 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
08-30-2022, 04:34 PM
"Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

Ephesians 5:1-2 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-04-2022, 08:55 PM
"Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me. Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other."

Isaiah 45:21-22 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-09-2022, 11:02 PM
"But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

1 Corinthians 6:11 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-11-2022, 03:09 PM
"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."

John 14:1-3 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-12-2022, 07:18 PM
"And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies."

Romans 8:23 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-13-2022, 05:27 PM
"For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?

Romans 8:24 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-14-2022, 03:12 PM
"But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience."

Romans 8:25 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-15-2022, 01:45 PM
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."

Romans 8:26 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-16-2022, 12:52 PM
"And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."

Romans 8:27 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-17-2022, 01:12 PM
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

Romans 8:28 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-18-2022, 01:14 PM
"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."

Romans 8:29 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-19-2022, 01:19 PM
"And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified."

Romans 8:30 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-20-2022, 03:41 PM
"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

Romans 8:31 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-21-2022, 02:23 AM
"He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?"

Romans 8:32 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-22-2022, 12:48 PM
"Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died-more than that, who was raised-who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us."

Romans 8:34 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-23-2022, 05:17 PM
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?"

Romans 8:35 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-24-2022, 12:26 AM
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."

Romans 8:37 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-25-2022, 03:07 PM
"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 8:38-39 (E.S.V.)

exile
09-30-2022, 02:50 PM
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened."

Matthew 7:7-8 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
10-02-2022, 11:50 PM
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me."

Revelation 3:20 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
10-09-2022, 05:17 PM
"I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."

Isaiah 61:10 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
10-14-2022, 03:52 PM
"For he says to Moses, 'I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.' So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy."

Romans 9:15-16 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
10-15-2022, 08:40 PM
"And in the very place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people' there they will called 'sons of the living God.'"

Romans 9:26 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
10-16-2022, 02:53 PM
"he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfilment-to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ."

Ephesians 1:9-10 (N.I.V.)

exile

exile
10-18-2022, 02:04 PM
"For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible or invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

Colossians 1:16-17 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
10-19-2022, 03:04 PM
"...,to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."

Colossians 2:2-3 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
10-23-2022, 02:38 PM
"...and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come."

1 Thessalonians 1:9-10 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
10-26-2022, 08:45 PM
"Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."

Matthew 11:11 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
10-28-2022, 02:42 PM
"Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."

John 8:51 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
11-01-2022, 06:46 PM
"But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, 'Do you take offense at this? Then what if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? It is the Spirit who gives life, the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.'"

John 6:61-63 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
11-02-2022, 04:35 PM
"So Jesus said to the twelve, 'Do you want to go away as well?' Simon Peter answered him, 'Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God.'"

John 6:67-69 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
11-04-2022, 02:34 PM
"But the other rebuked him, saying, 'Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.' And he said, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' And he said to him, 'Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.'"

Luke 23:40-43 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
11-06-2022, 02:58 AM
"But the word of God increased and multiplied."

Acts 12:24 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
11-07-2022, 03:47 PM
"But although we had already suffered and been shamefully treated at Philippi, as you know, we had boldness in our God to declare to you the gospel of God in the midst of much conflict."

1 Thessalonians 2:2 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
11-16-2022, 10:24 PM
"And when they had carried out all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree and laid him in a tomb. But God raised him from the dead,...."

Acts 13:29-30 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
11-19-2022, 01:06 PM
"The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life;...."

John 3:35-36 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
11-21-2022, 06:02 PM
"Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.'"

Psalm 16:1-2 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
11-24-2022, 05:31 PM
"Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms."

Psalm 95:2 (NKJV)

exile

exile
12-06-2022, 05:01 PM
"But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life."

Jude 1:20-21 (NIV)

exile

exile
12-07-2022, 07:31 PM
"But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus."

2 Timothy 3:14-15 (NIV)

exile

exile
12-11-2022, 12:13 AM
"Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live."

John 5:25 (E.S.V.)

exile

popper
12-14-2022, 11:54 AM
It's pretty simple.
There are 3 'spiritual' methods. #1 you are born, live life and die. PERIOD.
#2 You are born, live by the rules, die and IF you obeyed ALL the rules you get to 'live' with the gods. You get to do what is against the 'rules'. And the 'rules' vary, depending on who wrote them. None of them speak of a place for those who don't 'make it'.
#3 Christianity Salvation - depends on YOU accepting there is but one God who runs everything, sent His Son to take YOUR punishment for YOUR sin. Those who don't accept Jesus are sent to a very bad place.
Choose wisely.

Rizzo
12-14-2022, 02:14 PM
It's pretty simple.
There are 3 'spiritual' methods. #1 you are born, live life and die. PERIOD.
#2 You are born, live by the rules, die and IF you obeyed ALL the rules you get to 'live' with the gods. You get to do what is against the 'rules'. And the 'rules' vary, depending on who wrote them. None of them speak of a place for those who don't 'make it'.
#3 Christianity Salvation - depends on YOU accepting there is but one God who runs everything, sent His Son to take YOUR punishment for YOUR sin. Those who don't accept Jesus are sent to a very bad place.
Choose wisely.

or.........
#4 - You are accountable for your sins. You reap what you sow. (Karma)
If you do not settle up in this life you are reincarnated and come back again and again until you are ready to proceed into the Spiritual realms with God.
No one goes to hell for eternity.

exile
12-14-2022, 04:04 PM
"Jesus answered, 'Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.'"

John 6:26-27 (NIV)

exile

ioon44
12-15-2022, 09:57 AM
or.........
If you do not settle up in this life you are reincarnated and come back again and again until you are ready to proceed into the Spiritual realms with God.

or........#5

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me.

Matthew 25:41 ESV
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Matthew 25:46 ESV
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Luke 16:19-31 ESV
“There was a rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. And at his gate was laid a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who desired to be fed with what fell from the rich man's table. Moreover, even the dogs came and licked his sores. The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried, and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. ...

Jude 1:7 ESV
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Revelation 20:10 ESV
And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 21:8 ESV
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Revelation 20:15 ESV
And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

1hole
12-15-2022, 11:50 AM
It seems a lot of people ignore that the human soul/spirit of everyone is immortal, only the body dies and even the lost will be physically resurrected in eternity. The only long time difference between the lost and saved is where each group will spend their eternity; living conditions in God's heaven will be considerably better than Satan's lake of fire hell.

exile
12-16-2022, 06:31 PM
"Jesus said to them, 'Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven.'"

John 6:32 (NIV)

exile

exile
12-17-2022, 04:10 PM
"For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."

John 6:33 (NKJV)

exile

exile
12-18-2022, 03:49 PM
"They said to him, 'Sir, give us this bread always.'"

John 6:34 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
12-19-2022, 04:05 AM
"And Jesus said to them, 'I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.'"'

John 6:35 (NKJV)

exile

exile
12-20-2022, 03:12 AM
"Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, 'Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship him.'"

Matthew 2:1-2 (NKJV)

exile

exile
12-20-2022, 05:26 PM
"And so the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.'"

Luke2:10-11 (NASB)

exile

Alabama358
12-20-2022, 06:45 PM
or.........

If your really bad... do you have to come back as a Dung beetle

:roll::roll: good grief anyone who buys that reincarnation hogwash is going to be in for an unpleasant surprise

exile
12-21-2022, 01:02 AM
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this."

Isaiah 9:6-7 (KJV)

exile

exile
12-22-2022, 03:20 PM
"And being found in appearance as a man, He..."

Philippians 2:8 (NKJV)

exile

exile
12-23-2022, 03:38 AM
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 1:14 (NKJV)

exile

exile
12-23-2022, 05:50 PM
"The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us."

1 John 1:2 (NIV)

exile

exile
12-28-2022, 06:38 PM
"But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out."

John 6:36-37 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
12-29-2022, 06:43 PM
"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

Romans 10:4 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
12-31-2022, 03:28 AM
"Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

Isaiah 43:18-19 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
01-01-2023, 05:02 PM
"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever-the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you."

John 14:16-17 (NIV)

Wishing you a joyous New Year!

exile

exile
02-19-2023, 08:22 PM
"From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for those who wait for him."

Isaiah 64:4 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
02-20-2023, 05:24 PM
"Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long."

Psalm 25:4-5 (E.S.V.)

exile

old sparky
02-20-2023, 11:44 PM
John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

exile
02-23-2023, 02:50 AM
"Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all who wait for him."

Isaiah 30:18 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
02-24-2023, 12:56 AM
"All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name. For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God."

Psalm 86:9-10 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
02-26-2023, 06:33 PM
"I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!"

Psalm 27:13-14 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
02-27-2023, 02:38 PM
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him."

Psalm 28:7 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
03-06-2023, 12:04 AM
"For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

2 Corinthians 5:21 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
03-12-2023, 06:32 PM
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

Romans 12:12 (N.I.V.)

"For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken."

Psalm 62:1-2 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
03-18-2023, 08:05 PM
"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who are elect exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bythinia, according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you."

1 Peter 1:1-2 (E.S.V.)

exile

Gobeyond
03-18-2023, 11:28 PM
Those who love me obey my commands’. Jesus

exile
03-29-2023, 07:18 PM
"...and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood-and He made us into a kingdom, priests to His God and Father-to Him be the glory and the dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen."

Revelation 1:5-7 (NASB)

exile

exile
03-30-2023, 01:10 PM
"For though He was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God toward you."

2 Corinthians 13:4 (NKJV)

exile

exile
04-01-2023, 11:40 PM
"He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God."

1 Peter 1:20-21 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
04-02-2023, 11:21 PM
"As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

1 Peter 2:4-5 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
04-08-2023, 04:36 PM
"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

John 1:5 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
04-09-2023, 02:28 PM
"And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, 'Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen. Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and on the third day rise.'"

Luke 24:5-7 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
04-12-2023, 05:47 PM
"Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is the name by which he will be called: 'The Lord is our righteousness'"

Jeremiah 23:5-6 (E.S.V.)

exile

Good Cheer
05-02-2023, 09:14 AM
Any of you guys seen the presentations on analysis of the shroud showing stroboscopic photographic imagery of Jesus moving during the energy emissions that marked the cloth? And that the images of the flowers and fruit positively identify the specie of plant the thorns came from?

exile
05-03-2023, 05:28 PM
"For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, 'The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.' For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."

Romans 15:3-4 (E.S.V.)

exile

lightload
05-04-2023, 01:39 AM
Does God's influence extend beyond Earth and the planets of our solar system? Some planets exist billons of light years away from us. Does God exist in these areas?

exile
05-05-2023, 02:38 PM
"The Lord builds up Jerusalem; he gathers the outcasts of Israel. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names."

Psalm 147:2-4 (E.S.V.

exile

exile
05-06-2023, 04:22 PM
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

Colossians 1:15-17 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-07-2023, 01:52 PM
"He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

John 1:2-5 (E.S.V.)

exile

.429&H110
05-11-2023, 02:03 PM
Long time ago there was a Shroud show on TV.

The man wanted to make a cast that would make the image.
The man was a kind of digital artist...
Turns out, the image is very same as if you put your face on a copier, and push the button.

So the man made his model, put it on a copier, golly, there's the image.

I believe the Shroud is real, we've only carbon dated the repairs
and the way the image was left, was a very hot, bright Light,
left for us as my Lord's Father brought Him home.

Our Lord knows belief needs proof, just ask Timothy.

exile
05-12-2023, 05:16 PM
"And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers."

1 Thessalonians 2:13 (E.S.V)

exile

exile
05-18-2023, 05:02 PM
"Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is the upholder of my life."

Psalm 54:4 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-19-2023, 04:58 PM
"This I know, that God is for me."

Psalm 56:9 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-20-2023, 05:22 PM
"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by. I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me."

Psalm 57:1-2 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-23-2023, 05:21 PM
"O my Strength, I will watch for you, for you, O God, are my fortress."

Psalm 59:9 (E.S.V.)

exile

WILCO
05-23-2023, 05:42 PM
Does God's influence extend beyond Earth and the planets of our solar system? Some planets exist billons of light years away from us. Does God exist in these areas?

I believe he's everywhere. This realm is temporal.

Good Cheer
05-26-2023, 08:50 PM
"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by. I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me."

Psalm 57:1-2 (E.S.V.)

exile

Contemplating His purposes for you...
How many of us ever just make that leap of faith after He shows us?

exile
05-27-2023, 10:26 PM
"And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Acts 10:42-43 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-30-2023, 02:10 AM
"And Paul went in, as was his custom, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, explaining and proving that it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead, and saying, 'This Jesus, whom I proclaim to you, is the Christ.'"

Acts 17:2-3 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
05-31-2023, 03:03 AM
"From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth, and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 'For in him we live and move and have our being.'"

Acts 17:26-28 (NIV)

exile

exile
06-03-2023, 02:55 AM
"...because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead."

Acts 17:31 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
06-08-2023, 08:03 PM
"O my God, incline your ear and hear. Open your eyes and see our desolations, and the city that is called by your name. For we do not present our pleas before you because of our righteousness, but because of your great mercy. O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive. O Lord, pay attention and act. Delay not, for your own sake, O my God, because your city and your people are called by your name."

Daniel 9:18-19 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
06-10-2023, 06:32 PM
"This is what the Lord says - your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'"

Isaiah 48:17 (NIV)

exile

exile
06-11-2023, 06:24 PM
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation. With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. And you will say in that day: 'Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted.'"

Isaiah 12:2-4 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
06-13-2023, 09:35 PM
"I will tell of the decree: The Lord said to me, 'You are my Son; today I have begotten you. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.'"

Psalm 2:7-9 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
06-15-2023, 09:08 PM
"In the fear of the Lord is an assured strength, and his children shall have hope. The fear of the Lord is as a wellspring of life, to avoid the snares of death."

Proverbs 14:26-27 (1599 Geneva Bible)

exile