PDA

View Full Version : Wedge

Trailblaster
12-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Hello everyone this is my first post on this site.I am looking for the wedge that holds the stock and barrel together on my Cva 50 cal rifle.I was in the process of refinishing the stock and lost this piece. Any info on how to get another one would be appreciated.

Geraldo
12-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the site. You should be able to find one that works here:

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(heabfx3zs2qlftr55hmgvnz3))/categories/partList.aspx?catId=14&subId=160&styleId=717&PageSize=10&Page=3

They don't list one for CVA rifles, but one of them should be close. If you call they can probably give you some help. You can probably find a Thompson Center wedge locally and give that a try as well.

Trailblaster
12-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Welcome to the site. You should be able to find one that works here:

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(heabfx3zs2qlftr55hmgvnz3))/categories/partList.aspx?catId=14&subId=160&styleId=717&PageSize=10&Page=3

They don't list one for CVA rifles, but one of them should be close. If you call they can probably give you some help. You can probably find a Thompson Center wedge locally and give that a try as well. Thanks for the link I will check them out.

corey012778
12-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Traditions wedge pin works on an cva hawkens. maybe that will help you

PatMarlin
12-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Trailblaster-

Welcome to cast boolit heaven! ..:drinks:

northmn
12-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Welcome. Two things on wedges. If you are handy you can slit the wedge and make it what is called a capture key or wedge. You leave the end portion unslit and slit back enough to clear the underpining lug. A nail or small screw is then placed inside the barrel channel to hold it so it will not come all the way out (don't run it through the stock). I prefer a very small wood screw as a nail can be permanent. Some places sell a slotted wedge for that purpose. These were a feature on the better rifles of the time to prevent loss.

Northmn

Black Jaque Janaviac
12-23-2008, 06:39 PM
A wrap of raw-hide oughta get you through the winter 'til spring's ronny-voo. And if you want to get stylish go fer three raw-hide bands - then you've got yerself a three-band musket.