PDA

View Full Version : Ruger LCP

cattleskinner
12-16-2008, 07:27 PM
This is a question mostly for Lloyd as I know he is a fan of the Ruger LCP, but it will work for anybody with experience. I have a Kel-tec P3AT that I really like. The problem I ran into is that I handled the Ruger pistol the other day, and even though the two of them appear almost identical, handling them tells a different story, with the nod going to the Ruger. The Ruger also has slightly more prominent sights that I can see if need be compared to the Kel-tec's "bumps". The other thing I don't like about the Kel-tec is chasing brass 20-30 foot behind me and the next being close by. I can't soften up to a pistol I can't load for reasonably. I was wondering if the Ruger had the same problem with chucking brass into the next county. Just trying to figure out if I should switch out to the LCP.

~Amos :coffeecom

Lloyd Smale
12-17-2008, 09:19 AM
imo there both good guns and I wouldnt feel nervous carrying either. Ive never noticed my guns throwing brass out of reach. I just saw in the new american rifleman that crimsom trace is making a lazor sight for the lcps. It looks like it would be pretty trick on them. It sure would make a little gun easier to shoot well as the sights on any of them is about non existant.

Jbar4Ranch
12-21-2008, 08:30 PM
My experience with the P3 AT's ejection is very similar, except the brass can be anywhere in an area from around 30° in front of me to nearly 180° behind me, and anywhere in that arc up to about thirty feet away. Other than that, I like the Kel Tec just fine, but I like my LCP just fine too, never having had a problem with either of them.

Speedo66
01-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Putting a Wolff 11-13 lb recoil spring in the LCP or P3AT reduces the case throw to just a few feet.

Check the LCP site, www.elsiepeaforum.com for more info.

Lloyd Smale
01-01-2010, 08:01 PM
i ended up putting ct lazers on both of mine and they make the gun. they are so much easier to shoot with the lazer that i cant believe ruger lets them leave the factory without them.