PDA

View Full Version : Lyman stainless deer stalker 54 cal.

taft33
12-30-2005, 12:08 PM
Anyone own a lyman stainless deer stalker 54 cal? Been thinking about getting one.My cabelas hawkin is made by investarms as is the deer stalker.I had to heat and bend the hammer on my hawkin so it would hit the cap.Just wondered if the lyman was built the same way.

versifier
12-30-2005, 01:41 PM
Buy an American made Thompson/Center! It will work fine right out of the box, is covered by one of the better customer services in the industry, and will still be in use by your grandchildren. Their Hawkens are available direct, www.tcarms.com the Renegades from their custom shop (the link is on their website) and can still be had in percussion or flintlock in a variety of calibers. If that's not enough, you can get drop-in barrels for them from Green Mtn Rifle Barrels, www.gmriflebarrel.com made in .32 up to .58 cal that will shoot better than MOA (often MUCH better) for reasonable cost. TC makes the best commercially made locks available anywhere, in my not-so-humble-opinion. If more people would buy them, we wouldn't have to put up with these poorly made Italian imports and we could keep more hard working Americans working on producing traditional styles instead of seeing the guns discontinued and the skilled machinists downsized in favor of cheap imported inlines. :violin:

taft33
12-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Nevermind,I ordered a Great Plains 54 cal kit instead.