PDA

View Full Version : Inline Fabrication Quick Change Base

richhodg66
12-29-2020, 04:52 PM
Who here uses these and what are your thoughts? https://inlinefabrication.com/products/flush-mount-quick-change-system-base-plate

I was looking at the Lee bench plate (already have one I haven't put up yet), but these look a lot better. Might still use the Lee ones for light duty stuff like powder measures, but I've accumulated a sizeable collection of tools I'd like to use and think this one from Inline Fabrication is the answer.

Any input?

DHDeal
12-29-2020, 07:53 PM
I don't have the base plate that's inletted into the bench top, but do have their Junior Ultramount. How do I like it? Well I have 7 presses with the adapters. I also use their wall mounts so I can hang the presses instead of just putting them on the floor. One of my great buys for sure. I'm not aware of them making anything that's not first class.

Editted to add that I actually have the Ultramount bolted through a 5/16" steel plate onto the bench top. It doesn't move no matter what I'm trying to tear up. Overkill most definitely, but that's what I do. Not cheap when you get into their products, but it sure makes for a clean bench top and storage areas.

BBMF1
12-29-2020, 07:55 PM
G'day from Downunder[smilie=s:

G'day , I have been using them for years and find them better than sliced bread :smile: I use the interchangable plates on all my presses , bench priming tool case trimmer and mini cut off machine and find them strong and quick to change , my loading room is 2 meters x 3.4 meters so this set up allows efficient use of bench space and minimizes clutter also Dan's service is first class and I highly recommend him and his products.

Regards Paul . :smile:

dverna
12-29-2020, 08:46 PM
I downsized from a very large reloading shop to a small area in the utility room. I like the system.

It will not work well with something like the Dillon 1050, so it is permanently mounted. I have a 550 on a Strong Mount and will likely move it to the Ultra Mount. I also use the wall mounts for storing tools.

irockcu2
12-29-2020, 09:07 PM
I just bought a set for Lee 4 hole turret and Hornady single stage along with recessed plate,2 storage mounts and turret storage. I really like it. I can actually use my table when I'm not loading now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyGuy
12-29-2020, 10:03 PM
I have the flush mounted quick change base and 4 presses mounted to the plates. I love it! Since my loading bench doubles as my primary work bench I particularly enjoy being able to have a smooth work surface when I take the press off. I also have the wall mounts for storing presses and such but have yet to put them up.

richhodg66
12-29-2020, 10:35 PM
Good to know, I ordered the plate and adapters for a Lyman 450 and MEC 600. I'm sure others will follow.

Papercidal
12-29-2020, 10:45 PM
I’ve got one of the flush mount inset into my bench to the left of my 650 and have my star and app mounted on the plates (so I can feed them with the bullet feeder hanging off the 650) as well as another plate that I have drilled and tapped for the footprints of several single stages that I use for utility work.

GARD72977
12-29-2020, 10:46 PM
I use a couple of there mounts. I really like them

rancher1913
12-29-2020, 11:09 PM
I have 2 mounts and about 20 plates, everything from the habor freight cutoff saw to the hornady lnl has a plate and its great being able to go from metalic to shotgun in a few seconds.

Big Wes
12-30-2020, 07:40 PM
I have one low ultra mount and two plates one has RCBS bench primer the other The Dillon 600 swager. Very slick, also mount them on the In-line wall mount system. I like Inline Fab stuff.

dverna
12-30-2020, 08:40 PM
I’ve got one of the flush mount inset into my bench to the left of my 650 and have my star and app mounted on the plates (so I can feed them with the bullet feeder hanging off the 650) as well as another plate that I have drilled and tapped for the footprints of several single stages that I use for utility work.

Now that is smart

Rockzilla
01-01-2021, 07:28 PM
They work great have both the flush mount and the spacer for the flush mount
so you don't have to take the router to the bench top, no issues or problems.

-Rock

Lefty Red
01-01-2021, 08:25 PM
I have the flat base. I didn’t inlet the bench but bought the spacer plate. I have two actually, one to the right of each of my 2x12 board/bench. I have a full size mount on one and a jr on the other. I stand with these two, but can use the chair with the flat bases.

I like them all. Probably like the jr and the flat bases the most due to less flex.

I use them for a Lee Classic Turret, Rockchucker, RC 2, Spar T, and just now for the Lee Breech Lock Pro 4000 and Dillon Square Deal Press. Let’s me swap around what I need in my limited bench area inside. I don’t use them for a Redding T7. Too big and it’s mounted on the large bench outside.

I wouldn’t use them for larger progressives or massive single stages like a Redding Big Boss. The Lee Breech and SDP would be the biggest I would use them with. A 550 or Loadmaster or bigger I would directly mount to a heavy bench.

Lefty

iShoot17
01-05-2021, 03:04 AM
I have the flat base. I didn’t inlet the bench but bought the spacer plate. I have two actually, one to the right of each of my 2x12 board/bench. I have a full size mount on one and a jr on the other. I stand with these two, but can use the chair with the flat bases.

I like them all. Probably like the jr and the flat bases the most due to less flex.

I use them for a Lee Classic Turret, Rockchucker, RC 2, Spar T, and just now for the Lee Breech Lock Pro 4000 and Dillon Square Deal Press. Let’s me swap around what I need in my limited bench area inside. I don’t use them for a Redding T7. Too big and it’s mounted on the large bench outside.

I wouldn’t use them for larger progressives or massive single stages like a Redding Big Boss. The Lee Breech and SDP would be the biggest I would use them with. A 550 or Loadmaster or bigger I would directly mount to a heavy bench.

Lefty

Lefty - Do you notice any flex on the bigger presses / larger cartridges? I’ve debated switching over to some Inline Fabrication items to help with some spacing issues, but flex was a concern of mine with some of the bigger cartridges.

BK7saum
01-06-2021, 06:36 PM
I have not noticed any flex. I use the junior base and the bench base. Press seems as sturdy and strong just as if it was mounted to bench itself. I load for 338 Papua, 300 Norma, 300 Rum, 30-378 and a few others.

iShoot17
01-06-2021, 07:42 PM
I have not noticed any flex. I use the junior base and the bench base. Press seems as sturdy and strong just as if it was mounted to bench itself. I load for 338 Papua, 300 Norma, 300 Rum, 30-378 and a few others.

Thanks, BK!

BBMF1
01-06-2021, 09:32 PM
G'day from Downunder[smilie=s:

G'day All , I have not had any flex in my system and I have had my Redding T 7 mounted on an ultra mount plate for years loading all sorts of rifle rounds , I am that confident in these plates that I have just ordered one for my new to me Big Max as I know it will do the job as anything Dan makes is more than fit for purpose.

Regards Paul . :smile:

Lefty Red
01-08-2021, 09:46 PM
Sorry, just saw this.....I noticed more flex on the taller mounts. The 4” tall one and the flush mounts are solid!

MOC031
01-14-2021, 11:10 AM
I used the general concept of the Inline products before there was an Inline business; since then I've bought a few bases from Inline as I no longer had a contact within a machine shop that would make them as a favor and the cost is more than reasonable.

The big difference is I started out doing it with a lot of reloading tools at a time when they and my bench and I were living in a small apartment, and if I'd have started mounting stuff, I would have had more holes than bench in short order. AND, the bench was used for other things i.e. flytying where stuff could quickly get spread across the bench real estate, where holes would gobble things up. So I clamped the mounting plates to the bench top, which is pretty skookum.

Anyways... 40+ years later and I still have and use the exact same bench and it still doesn't have a hole in it. The only real difference is I use the mounting plates, but I clamp them to the bench top. Has worked with the Bonanza Co-Ax and Ponsness-Warren presses from day one, anywhere I want to put them along the front of the bench. The Dillon XL650 probably wouldn't work well if I tried it on the front, but as it happens it works just fine clamped on a corner where it can be clamped both at the front and at one back corner.

Over the years I've found most presses/tools go in the same places most of the time - but once in a while when several things might be going on at once, they move around a bit. For me at least, being able to put them wherever I want them each time is a benefit.

One last thing about Inline. When I contacted him to make his mounting plates altered a little to my specifications, he was really easy to work with; I sent him the template and what I was asking for and it was done almost as quickly as if he'd had the mounting plate in stock. Very nice and accommodating man to do business with.

anothernewb
01-14-2021, 01:12 PM
totally love mine. Use it to swap between the SDB, rock chucker, and the 450 sizer. I countersunk and set the base flush with the edge of my countertop, and just drilled a pair of holes for the mounting bolts, and made up extensions for them. works super slick.