PDA

View Full Version : USPS slow shipping

DGV
12-29-2020, 04:21 PM
I recently bought a vintage penn fishing reel off of eBay. I bought it December 10th and it was shipped that very same day. It just arrived today December 29th from Michigan to Massachusetts it took 19 days. The reason for this post Is to let people know that United States Postal Service is really *****. I encourage everyone to communicate and have a little patience if you're buying and selling items on castboolits .

Outpost75
12-29-2020, 04:25 PM
That's FAST!

I had two Midway shipments which were delayed for more than 30 days. So I complained to Midway.

Initial shipment was UPS and then both packages were turned over to USPS for local delivery and from then on no further tracking was available. USPS had no record of the tracking numbers so they were presumed "lost."

My credit card was refunded and only after the refunds appeared on my credit card statement did the items finally arrive.

Bang Switch
12-29-2020, 04:44 PM
I ordered a sizing die from Mid South Shooters Supply back in October it went to Nashville and the following day to Detroit where it languished for 22 days, then disappeared for 4 days before it showed up in my mail box.

Randy Bohannon
12-29-2020, 04:56 PM
Imagine the day we use them for voting, might become a problem.

DanishM1Garand
12-29-2020, 05:03 PM
It is Christmas. I’ve sat in a truck for 6 hours moving every 15 minutes or so towards the docks when I hauled mail.

My normal run from Columbus Ohio to Pittsburgh was 7 hours round trip. That made me close to 14 hours.

bangerjim
12-29-2020, 05:04 PM
Imagine the day we use them for voting, might become a problem.

Have no fear! All liberal-run states will allow ALL ballots to be counted (several times!) even if they are 60 days old!

HATCH
12-29-2020, 05:14 PM
Have no fear! All liberal-run states will allow ALL ballots to be counted (several times!) even if they are 60 days old!
If you want this thread to be moved to the pit then keep going down this path.

Now to stay on topic
This year is totally different then any other.
With the majority of Christmas shopping being done online, I am surprised that we haven't seen longer delays then we are having now.
I think the problem isn't the overall Postal service but particular sections or hubs that are causing the problems.
Even UPS/FEDEX are having issues but not to the extend the USPS is having.

Big Tom
12-29-2020, 06:25 PM
I feel bad for our mail woman... She is working overtime like crazy, normally our delivery time was around 3-4 pm, now she sometimes comes at 8pm or later and said they don't get enough people and the volume is just overwhelming. It's a cheap, miserably run government operation... what do you expect?

rkrcpa
12-29-2020, 06:46 PM
I bought a mold from a gentleman in early December, still haven't seen it. Last I saw it had made its way to Jacksonville, FL on Christmas Day. Before that it was in Philadelphia, 20 miles from its destination.

jonp
12-29-2020, 06:52 PM
I ordered gun parts from several vendors. Most arrived before expected but one part from New Mexico was supposed to be here Saturday and it still isn't. It just says "in transit".

Jedman
12-29-2020, 07:02 PM
I have had terrible luck with USPS for quite some time. This past April I ordered a chamber reamer and they lost it at a hub just north of me. I filed a lost item case that did no good and since it was uninsured they took no responsibility in its loss. Several years ago a friend sent me a handi rifle receiver in a small flat rate box also from OH so it didn’t need to go through a FFL. Again USPS lost it and did nothing. I sent a rear rifle sight to a forum member for free and it was shipped first class and they lost it too.
Lately priority packages have taken 8 to 12 days that I have sent.

Jedman

Outpost75
12-29-2020, 07:41 PM
Purchased a firearm on GunBroker which was shipped via Priority Mail Medium FRB to my FFL dealer for transfer.

Did not arrive within ten days, so dealer asked shipper to initiate a trace. Tracking said "in transit" but with no update in status since entered into USPS system. USPS won't process a claim on a lost parcel until after 30 days. So dealer contacted ATF to report a firearm "lost" in Interstate shipment, with copy also sent to the Postal Inspection Service.

Gun was delivered to FFL dealer the next day. Sometimes you need to shake the tree.

daengmei
12-29-2020, 07:46 PM
I just wait. Everyone is used to instant gratification it seems but no one can deal with a kink in operations.

Just be patient.

I hate to see us with real hardship.

farmbif
12-29-2020, 07:53 PM
things really went downhill for USPS after dejoy took over leadership.

John Wayne
12-29-2020, 08:21 PM
Our little post office is outstanding. They have 2 employees before lunch and only 1 remains after lunch. On average they handle 4-500 packages a day but the other day topped 1100. I felt sorry for the nice gal that is normally present. Sometimes there is not enough money in the budget for toilet paper and they bring their own. There is no money for blowing the leaves from the giant oak at the edge of the parking lot. I do that.
Not for accolades, but so some old person doesn't slip on the wet leaves that have been driven over and ground into a slick slurry. You know if someone fell they would sue and that would cost you, me and all of us. That's why I do it, and for the young Private who died in Vietnam, Zack Addington, whom I never knew.

I do know someone on the state supervisory board. I am told the big $$ are in Atlanta, not the rural areas. The employees in Atlanta drive Mercedes, Lexus's and Jags and wear MINK COATS! It's a sad state of affairs.

Boogieman
12-29-2020, 08:37 PM
I'm tracking a small package from Grafs It spent 7 days in St. Louis ,then went to Little Rock Ar. spent 7 more days there. Its still on its way. 2 It arrived 12/31/2020 21 days from northern Mo. to NW Ar. Maybe the mule threw a shoe

MrWolf
12-29-2020, 09:01 PM
I have to go to the post office tomorrow anyway but have four separate tracking numbers for them to check that have been outstanding since near Thanksgiving. Getting a bit ridiculous in that I am also waiting on December shipments.

GasGuzzler
12-29-2020, 09:48 PM
My FedEX and UPS stuff has ALL been on schedule and track-able. USPS has botched four transactions for me since November. USPS was the crappiest 12 years ago, two years ago and still is...and CV19 is not to blame if the others are all doing fairly well. Our local USPS drivers deliver off hours and on Saturday using USPS trucks ... but not USPS mail.

cwlongshot
12-29-2020, 09:58 PM
Um hoping things improve now that Christmas is behind us...

I just ordered a Chest holster outta Idaho... Last check it was in Washington. (Wrong direction.) I mailed some CB to a friend in Montana... It spent almost two weeks in Florida. GRRRR. I also have a mold & some GC coming!!

CW

Pete44mag
12-29-2020, 11:23 PM
Sent some once fired empty brass in a LFRB from NY to Tennessee on December 4, still has not arrived. Trace says " In transit to destination". Can't make a claim till January 4, hope it arrives before then!

Chad5005
12-29-2020, 11:30 PM
ive got 2 boxes of brass coming from members on here that have been in transit since dec 9th with usps

Budzilla 19
12-29-2020, 11:30 PM
Ordered some ingot molds from Lakehouse,on Dec 1st, got here on the 19th? I’m not upset, I understand the work load! Last Sunday, my mail lady delivered a package at 0630! Wow,

tinsnips
12-30-2020, 09:32 AM
That is a every day problem for me . I am having alot of problems getting supplies for my bussiness on time or even at all. I feel sorry for my UPS man he works long hours all the time.

Jsm180
12-30-2020, 10:11 AM
Ordered some AR parts on monday from Oregon, they are out for delivery today, wed. USPS Priority. The blind squirrel analogy.

The joke around here is once anything gets to the FL line by USPS it then goes on a FL tour. I have seen shipments travel back and forth between Tampa and Sarasota 3 times before getting to the local post office. The northeast and MI/Chicago area seem to be the worst departure points.

Handloader109
12-30-2020, 10:12 AM
Funny, I bought cheap set of earbuds off a site that will remain anonymous on the 12th. Up in NJ. Moved first on the 16th to another NJ location. Then sat. Moved to same facility on the 28th without leaving the facility. Still sitting this morning. I'll get them next year, or not.....

Butler Ford
12-30-2020, 10:24 AM
Probably 300 to 400% increase in on line shopping this Christmas season, gifts being mailed instead of family gatherings. Louisville Distribution Center is operating @ 60% personnel due to covid and quarantine and I feel certain that its that way country wide. Doesn't make me any happier but...I hate this phrase, it is what it is.

Burnt Fingers
12-30-2020, 12:47 PM
Our little post office is outstanding. They have 2 employees before lunch and only 1 remains after lunch. On average they handle 4-500 packages a day but the other day topped 1100. I felt sorry for the nice gal that is normally present. Sometimes there is not enough money in the budget for toilet paper and they bring their own. There is no money for blowing the leaves from the giant oak at the edge of the parking lot. I do that.
Not for accolades, but so some old person doesn't slip on the wet leaves that have been driven over and ground into a slick slurry. You know if someone fell they would sue and that would cost you, me and all of us. That's why I do it, and for the young Private who died in Vietnam, Zack Addington, whom I never knew.

I do know someone on the state supervisory board. I am told the big $$ are in Atlanta, not the rural areas. The employees in Atlanta drive Mercedes, Lexus's and Jags and wear MINK COATS! It's a sad state of affairs.

Postal employees all make the same money for the same time in service.

rondog
12-30-2020, 12:50 PM
Please consider -

It's the Holidays, package shipping volume is WAY HIGHER than normal! Think about it - the "plandemic", the election, people shopping via Amazon and other online outlets in RECORD numbers - and WHO do they expect to deliver it all? On time, and grossly underpriced and understaffed? With staff "supplemented" by underpaid contractors that view YOUR package as "supplementing their unfair income"?

scattershot
12-30-2020, 12:53 PM
Of course, no one could have forseen the impact that removing sorting machines from the system would have. NOT!

cwlongshot
12-30-2020, 08:23 PM
My package I sent to Colorado that went to Florida... Arrived... TORN OPEN and bags lost.

I packaged. 6mil zip lock bags 4x6 NEVER more then 3/4 full then TAPED WITH 2" packing tape. Out side was wrapped with multi layers of 3M clear packing tape. This was 3 mil tape. THICK stuff. You MUST CUT to open.

Yet arrived TORN OPEN...

USPS IS DONE... Soon they wont worry about loosing $$ cause NO ONE will be shipping anything theu them.

CW

popper
12-30-2020, 08:25 PM
USPS package shipping cost going up 2% in Jan (26?).

Big Tom
12-30-2020, 08:43 PM
I just played the "claim game" with them. After 20 days, two "2-Day Priority Mail" packages did not make it and I filed claims for both. The claims stayed untouched for 10 days, then they were "in review" for another five and at that time the packages were delivered, the claim denied. I already had to refund the customers and now fighting the denied claim. Unbelievable, and has zero to do with Covid or being understaffed...

Sent some once fired empty brass in a LFRB from NY to Tennessee on December 4, still has not arrived. Trace says " In transit to destination". Can't make a claim till January 4, hope it arrives before then!

cwlongshot
12-30-2020, 10:25 PM
I agree there Tom. Thats just there excuse.

There other pat excuse is "IMPROPERLY PACKAGED". Well seeing as I had to go see a PERSON and he was a POSTAL EMPLOYEE. And HE/SHE ACCEPTED SAID PACKAGE... It couldnt have been SO BAD RIGHT!?!?!???

GRRRR

Cw

bedbugbilly
12-31-2020, 10:21 AM
Cheer up - I bought a used Lyman mold from a fellow sho shipped it to me in a SFRB - the USPS got it to where I live in fairly decent time frame - BUT - THEY DELIVERED IT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS. Thank goodness we are blessed with honest neighbors. This isn't the first time we have had problems with mail being delivered to the wrong address - you'd think that after numerous calls to the Post Master of the local PO about things being shown as delivered and never getting them, neighbors getting other neighbor's mail, etc. that the problem would be addressed and taken care of. I'm of the opinion that the USPS makes a special effort to hire DEAF POSTMASTERS - or perhaps just lazy ones?

cwlongshot
12-31-2020, 03:01 PM
Well here is a "flip side"...

My buddy in cali herd I was needing 35 GC... He boxed them Sunday. His wife shipped Monday afternoon..

They arrived here today in CONNECTICUT!!

THATS NEVER HAPPENED THAT FAST BEFORE!!!

CW

godzilla
12-31-2020, 04:47 PM
Just got a mold in the mail. Took 20 days to go 377 miles as a crow flies USPS priority.

MrWolf
01-01-2021, 10:01 AM
I purchased some linotype from a member here end of November. Post office dropped notice off to pick it up. Went Wednesday and was a new box, no info except a sticker basically saying destroyed in Memphis, TN. Three bars survived. Poor guy had two shipments go missing. I did open the box in front of post master who made a notation of what was inside and total box weight with packing. Just ridiculous that the original box which he stated was taped really good was gone. They could not even track it as their was no info on it other than my address. Was only around 25 lbs so no idea why it was destroyed.

GasGuzzler
01-01-2021, 11:07 AM

I just opened a case on my PSFRB my carrier picked from my mail box on 11-25. It made it to my City PO but never the Ft. Worth Distribution Center. Says "In transit, arriving late" as the only hint of location...well that's not a location.

Postal employees all make the same money for the same time in service.

That's pretty dumb.

Please consider -

It's the Holidays, package shipping volume is WAY HIGHER than normal! Think about it - the "plandemic", the election, people shopping via Amazon and other online outlets in RECORD numbers - and WHO do they expect to deliver it all? On time, and grossly underpriced and understaffed? With staff "supplemented" by underpaid contractors that view YOUR package as "supplementing their unfair income"?

That does nothing to explain LOSING my stuff. It's not just sitting somewhere. It's "in transit, arriving late" for over a month with no actual location. Only one of the four examples over the last six to eight weeks and I had zero issues with FedEx or UPS this season. I bought thousands of dollars of gift items online and only USPS had issues.

Nanook
01-02-2021, 12:34 PM
I've been waiting for a couple of Dillon calendars since early December. They're listed as 'accepted' by USPS since 12-3.

They're still in Phoenix, at least according the the USPS tracking. They've fallen off the "Daily Digest" email listing.

I have no idea when they'll get here. I emailed Dillon today, just in case the things are still sitting in their outgoing package area. I'd like to have them sent by almost anybody else. Pony Express would have been here already. :-P

slohunter
01-02-2021, 01:51 PM
I've had much better luck with Fed-X.

kerplode
01-02-2021, 02:04 PM
I've had much better luck with Fed-X.

Me too. And it's not really that much more expensive than USPS. I'll gladly pay a couple extra bucks to not have my packages go MIA for a month or just get lost all together...

Black Powder Bill
01-02-2021, 07:41 PM
Have a box revolver sitting in atlanta since August. A box of bullets in richmond headed to Pa since Dec 3

The excuses do not cut it with me. The post office is and has been for 3 decades run by politically appointments and special hiring.

Lazy people that feel they are worth more than the rest of us.

Usps advertising 2-3 day delivery, collecting insurance then not paying for the lost item

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Boogieman
01-02-2021, 10:02 PM
Fed-EX and UPS both offer next day air service. USPS has one called USP When Ever. Some times it's even later

Black Powder Bill
01-12-2021, 05:39 PM
My SFR box.of 9mm brass when from Athens ga to Carlsbad CA in 2.5 days.

Last week.
Shipped 2 boxes ,one to Iowa the other to Florida same day. Iowa is delivered the Florida box is still wandering between Atlanta and Swainsboro Ga. Left from Athens area.

HATCH
01-12-2021, 06:32 PM
Don't get me started.
I have had a $1000 insured rifle shipment disappear for a week. Handed it to them, they scanned it, no record.
I have packages that leave the main depot (15 miles from me) going to the post office that handles my mail. Typically it arrives same day, well several packages have taken 3 or 4 days now.
It makes me look like a liar when I tell my customer that his order will ship next week and it doesn't ship because they delay the parts coming to me or even worst they delay the package at the post office going to them.

rockrat
01-12-2021, 06:45 PM
Just received a package yesterday that had been sitting in Denver for about two weeks. Seller put a trace on it with the PO and it showed up two days later. One day from MO to Denver, then two weeks to go about another 250 miles. I told the seller it was probably just sitting around somewhere in the Denver PO mess, not the first time things get bottlenecked up there

Conditor22
01-12-2021, 06:51 PM
From what I've heard, USPS does not have any planes, their packages go on UPS and FedEx planes in exchange for USPS delivering some packages for the other carriers mainly to outlying areas.

IF the package gets a ride on a plane it will go fast otherwise it may be on a slow truck to Tulsa.

jonp
01-12-2021, 07:14 PM
Ordered some pistol parts Dec 21 from a place in New Mexico. Showed shipped that day to Lubbock then out of there 22 Dec and into the dead sock zone. Last update was tracking "somewhere" with "it is delayed but in route". Must be through Russia or something. Other things I've ordered have arrived on time since then. Sent an inquiry to USPS and the message I got back was that it was "In Route, hope it shows up in a few days". Yeah, thanks for that insightful comment and I wish it would show up, too.

Black Powder Bill
01-13-2021, 01:20 PM
Then this happens:

You do not have permission to access this page
If you have found this page in error, please contact support
Reference:1249779920365067259995648300922994593120 034968299102359

Or hey contact support:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

uspscustomersupport@usps.gov
Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: SJ0PR09MB6928.namprd09.prod.outlook.com
uspscustomersupport@usps.gov
Remote Server returned '550 5.7.520 Access denied, Your organization does not allow external forwarding. Please contact your administrator for further assistance. AS(7555)'
Original message headers:

Black Powder Bill
01-14-2021, 06:00 PM
Finally, was able to file a claim on the load 1000 147 gr fmj-words.

firefly1957
01-15-2021, 09:15 AM
Did not go though all the posts , the USPS is a mess right now management is tossing people if they cough or sneeze or have been Traced* to someone with covid ! The people are then out of work until they bring back a negative covid test so it is creating work stoppages from manpower shortages .

* I am not sure how they are getting some of the trace data on tracing it sounds like cell phone data is shared probably illegally.

farmbif
01-15-2021, 09:24 AM
and y'all thought I was crazy when I was saying the new guy that got put in charge of post office has buggered things up.
one thing I know for sure that you might be able to check on, if you know any of these folks, the truck drivers that pull the semis full of mail are like clock work every day. the mail and packages are getting stuck in the warehouses and post offices not getting sent where they need to be.
now the question is, how is this all gonna get straightened out.

Vegas Vince
01-15-2021, 11:01 AM
The governments involved!! What could go wrong????????

parson48
01-15-2021, 06:34 PM
My wife filed a claimed on an item broken in shipment by USPS, she filed claim in timely fashion- got a letter yesterday stating that her claim was denied because it wasn't received within specified time frame.

She's somewhat "testy" today.

MrWolf
01-15-2021, 08:01 PM
They finally delivered my girlfriends returned concealed carry jacket to the NRA today that was sent December 28th. It sat in Philly for 13 days.

GasGuzzler
01-16-2021, 08:13 AM
I still have not found a package I mailed on 11-25. Barely any response from the case I started and my local PO could not care less.

GONRA
01-16-2021, 11:20 PM
GONRA orders a "Cat Wall Calendar" for Mrs. GONRA XMAS present every year.
This year its sitting our local PO for maybe 2 weeks and hasn't made it out here yet.....
Neighbor recently gotta Xmas card mailed Dec. 7.

All these "alternatives to conventional shopping" are swamped this year....
Virus just makes it FAR WORSE!

(Years ago, shipped the bolt head for my Chicom Dragunov to have a spring loaded firing pin installed.
Was a nervous wreak for weeks until it got back OK. Wouldn't even TRY it today!)

MrWolf
01-17-2021, 05:28 AM
Had to pick up a package at the post office yesterday. Passed a couple opening a box of Christmas presents complete with wrapping paper in their car. Unbelievable. Post office folks said people have been waiting for packages since end of November.

jonp
01-17-2021, 05:39 AM
Stop blaming Trump or the new Post Master or whatever. The problem is the career bureaucrats in the PO that are jamming COVID nonsense down the line and the added bonus of hurting Trump because the mail didn't work.

Ask yourself this question: If we are having this many problems with the mail just "disappearing" then how many votes did the same thing? Votes the Democrats insisted go by mail and how did they all manage to make it to the States in sufficient time to get Biden into office when the USPS can't deliver a package? How many Trump votes are sitting in a warehouse or went missing while Biden's magically appeared right on time because they got put on a truck and Trumps didn't?

Burnt Fingers
01-17-2021, 10:52 AM
In the past two months I've had 37 packages come through the USPS.

One of them took an extra day. The tracking and delivery information was spot on for the other 36.

MrWolf
01-17-2021, 12:10 PM
In the past two months I've had 37 packages come through the USPS.

One of them took an extra day. The tracking and delivery information was spot on for the other 36.

You have been very lucky. I still have some outstanding for over 4 weeks.

rockrat
01-17-2021, 12:23 PM
17 days for a letter from Oklahoma to Colorado

tdoor4570
01-18-2021, 09:50 AM
Three and a half weeks for a package from western Colo. to Texas still hasn't been delivered

DHDeal
01-18-2021, 10:03 AM
Some of my regular "toy" suppliers have gotten smart and split the cost of either FedEx or UPS with their customers. They also know the USPS is loosing/misplacing/etc stuff at a pandemic rate. Brownells has sent my last 2 orders FedEx and the packages were both delievered on a Sunday, but they made it on the day listed.

I won't waste time with the politics of it.

kerplode
01-18-2021, 01:59 PM
Things I've ordered recently that shipped USPS Priority are trickling in, but they're averaging 2+ weeks.

And yeah, I've also noticed that places are switching to UPS or FedEx. Hell, I ordered a bunch of alloy from RotoMetals a few weeks back, and they upgraded it to FedEx at no cost. I had it 2 days later.

Burnt Fingers
01-19-2021, 10:21 AM
My bag of meds from the VA will arrive today. It was shipped Saturday.

osage
01-19-2021, 11:49 AM
It's been a mix for me. Some packages touring the Midwest before arriving much latter then expected. Some arrived as expected.

rockrat
01-19-2021, 06:16 PM
Wife just got her birthday card from her mother. It was mailed on Nov. 24th., so 57 days to travel 600 miles.

Daveco
01-19-2021, 07:03 PM
I have a rifle stock that was shipped just before Christmas that moved once and has now been in limbo since Dec. 27th. I e-mailed the USPS and they said wait 30 days and file a claim. I contacted the seller (Sarco) and they apologized but said the same thing. I know it's not Sarco's fault, but it sure is aggravating!

mozeppa
01-19-2021, 07:19 PM
ordered an adapter to use a drill with my brass trimmer on january 5th ....it' still not here!

and the funny thing was that it came from massachusetts ....they sent it to springfield missouri ....then it spent a week in billings montana.....and i'm in oklahoma!
according to tracking, maybe it will be hereby the 19th.

fatnhappy
01-21-2021, 07:01 AM
Freakin idiots sent my last 3 packages back as undeliverable, incomplete address. What would I know, I’ve only lived here 52 years.

The latest package contains 1000 federal fusions, a Leupold vx3i and a couple Redding bushings. If midway restocks the bullets I’m going to be really ticked.

Unreal.

GasGuzzler
01-21-2021, 08:43 AM
Still fighting with USPS over the package I mailed 11-25-20 and they lost the same day, before it reached the hub. I have to go to the PO yet again for more mask to mask.