PDA

View Full Version : Automated my Lee push through sizer.

Doubles Shooter
12-29-2020, 08:11 AM
He loves helping. Another advantage of powder coating. The little ones don't handle raw lead.
I'm also enjoying my automatic primer tube filler. She didn't want her picture taken with "ugly safety glasses".
Sorry for the sideways pic.

Dukeconnor
12-29-2020, 09:04 AM
I used to have a automated grass cutter and snow shoveler.

He grew up and moved out.

jmorris
12-29-2020, 10:21 AM
Certain kids of automation can get finicky and cost a lot more than others. :)

robg
12-29-2020, 10:35 AM
expensive to run though

Rcmaveric
12-29-2020, 12:29 PM
Lol.... I love it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

tankgunner59
12-29-2020, 01:01 PM
I used to have an automated brass sizer, but my grandson got older and decided it's not so much fun anymore.

onelight
12-29-2020, 01:02 PM
That is great !

ryanmattes
12-29-2020, 03:46 PM
Yeah, mine grew up and don't find it fun anymore. They all like shooting the results, though.

I thought I was being smart the last time we went shooting, and they shot the last of my loaded .40SW. I said "Well, that's all of it. If you want to shoot any more you'll have to clean the brass for me." They haven't asked to go shooting again. They know I'll do it eventually.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

bangerjim
12-29-2020, 05:08 PM
My "automated" things used to work for soda pop and McDonald's........then beer........now it's prime rib and lobster dinners + beer! Guess I should just chalk it up to inflation.

Doubles Shooter
12-29-2020, 06:15 PM
They are fun to have around to help Papa. I enjoy every minute. As others said, they grow up too darn fast.

dverna
12-29-2020, 07:16 PM
Cheaper to buy factory ammunition when it is in stock....

Lloyd Smale
12-30-2020, 06:22 AM
had 3 of those. Wore them all out:violin:

NyFirefighter357
12-30-2020, 08:01 AM
I have 3 broken models of those, V-1 is 14, V=2 is 13 & V-3 is 11 no matter how much money, food or electronics I invest in them they never seem to work! I found a better model only 50ft away, it's a newer model V-4 is 9. V-4 is a muti-use unit, runs a drill press, sander. lawn mower, weed wacks, cuts straight lines in wood, operates a commercial snow blower, knows how to wire circuits, de-primes & sizes brass, rebuilds faucets & casts boolits & sinkers and can operate an angle grinder. My wife and I have invested a lot of time in that unit as well.

EDG
12-30-2020, 09:55 AM
Many years ago. My automated helper left pecan shells she cracked with my Rockchucker. Now she works fir a gunsmith's supplier.

John Wayne
12-30-2020, 02:38 PM
Funny stories indeed! This is one of the ways my Dad starting teaching work ethic and attention to detail. "and if you do it correctly and don't miss anything you can go out and play"!

onelight
12-30-2020, 03:23 PM
If those two were mine I would have to have framed pics in the loading room. Great pictures of kids being brought up right :)

Gunslinger1911
12-30-2020, 06:19 PM
Haha, great stuff !
V1-4 all helped in some way during the reloading process; cause they loved to shoot.
We made gun cleaning an "event"; delivery pizza, rented movies, popcorn.
V4 was up for anything, even at 4-5 years old, he knew at 6 he got to shoot centerfire (but dang, he about wore out a 1911-22lr !!)

G1 & 2 (grand-kids) still too young, like to watch the Dillon work though.

Family tradition : on 2nd bday, kid gets a bullet box and a bunch ammo, I show them that a bullet goes "pointy" down in box, turn 'em loose; the fun is - does kid put bullets in, in random order or across in neat rows ?

jpamp
01-25-2021, 04:22 PM
Darn, I thought there was some new form of mechanical automation here. I will use these pictures to guilt my automation into more help though. Great to get them involved any way they can.

TCFAN
01-25-2021, 07:19 PM
My grandson wanted to shoot my 6.5 Sweed so I told him if he wanted to shoot he had to reload his own ammo.
https://i.imgur.com/c9MRTC4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CIvSYhs.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/d2vIvqA.jpg
This has been about 15 years ago. He is in the navy now working on F-18 I think electronics. He is getting ready re-up and be deployed in a few months.

Finster101
01-25-2021, 08:15 PM
Careful! That might be considered slave labor under this administration. In all seriousness, congrats on having volunteers that want to help and want to learn. Life long skills and values being passed along.

Baltimoreed
01-28-2021, 12:19 PM
You’re a lucky grandpa there TCFAN. Enjoy being with him now, too soon he’ll be gone chasing after other things more important but he’ll always have those memories of you and your 6.5.

metricmonkeywrench
01-28-2021, 12:43 PM
Declining workforce is the reason I own a riding lawn mower and snow blower. Out of the pile of the direct and 2 generation's only one grandson shows any kind of passing interest. For the most part its hard to convince them of the joy of going from lead block to target when there is a feel good device in their hand that gives them instant gratification.

Rcmaveric
01-28-2021, 01:09 PM
The seeds, ideas and knowledge implanted into us by the older generations takes time to foster and grow. I turned 18 and threw it all into the wind chasing money, wine and woman. Now 35 I find my self loving and longing for all those things I did with my grandpas and uncle. I could spend every day until I die in my garden and fishing. Reliving the good ole days of those ole men spoon feeding me knowledge and bribing me with water melon jolly ranchers. Or sitting in a tree house in the woods bird watching hoping a deer walked by. My step grandpa had an awesome man cave/tree house in the woods for hunting out of.

Millitary taught me to shoot. Google to me to reload. You guys here taught me to cast and reload better. Everything else my grandpas taught me.

Though there was few time when my step grandpa took us fishing. I dont think he carred if we fished or not. We would get board and go swimming. I think he only took us trout fishing so he could keep more. Limit is 10. But with us along it was 30. I was 25 and trout fishing by myself when it dawned on me.

I believe we all go buck wild. Then most of us go back to the foundation of morales of what was instilled into us when we were younger once the testerone/estrogen wear off.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk