PDA

View Full Version : Lee APP

12-29-2020, 12:11 AM
Got a Lee APP just before Christmas. I was never a big fan of Lee presses, though do use several of their accessories. That being said, I am happy with this little machine so far. I bought it to deprime and resize handgun calibers. I ran a few hundred 9mm brass though it. Took about 10 minutes.

I load most of my handgun ammo on an LnL progressive. By using the APP, I free up a hole on the LnL so I can use a powder cop die, and seat and crimp separately. This alone is well worth the $75 I spent on the Lee APP.

However, I don’t think I’d use the APP to size any bottle necked rifle calibers. I may be wrong, but it just doesn’t feel heavy enough to handle that task. I’ll continue to save that task for my RC.

RedlegEd
12-29-2020, 12:38 AM
Hi,
There are several threads covering the APP and the different mods you can do to make it run even better. Not sizing bottle neck cases is a smart move, and Lee even cautions against it using the Xpress shell holders. I found mine also works great swaging crimped military brass (mostly .30-06) using their swaging kit.
Ed

Gunslinger1911
12-30-2020, 06:35 PM
Lee is fine if you realize it's 90% ish engineered . Ya gotta fiddle with some of them
I run a Dillon 550 with Lee dies and powder meas.
Nary a bobble
My APP is used for sizing PC bullets. Added the 4 tube feeder. Just wails through them !
The way this thing runs through bullets, forget the bottle catcher, put a piece of tubing on the bottom of the sizing die and run it to a coffee can !
One of the best $75 buys !

gpidaho
12-30-2020, 06:47 PM
The adapter for the APP so it uses the NOE size bushings is a very handy addition. Gp

BK7saum
12-31-2020, 08:58 AM
The adapter for the APP so it uses the NOE size bushings is a very handy addition. Gp

Yep! I bought the NOE sizer setup and was never happy with it screwed into the RCIV. it did not allow sizing at the end of the stroke. Now that I have the APP adapter, I am super pleased with using NOE sizers I had previously purchased. Works like a charm. I need to get the 4 tube setup. you just can't feed the APP fast enough to keep up.

GasGuzzler
12-31-2020, 09:17 AM
I have processed over 3K pieces of 9mm so mine has had the handle pulled well over 10K times. I partially stripped the adapter threads sizing. Lee sent me parts for free and told me not to size on the APP. That's the reason I bought it ... the ads said it was good for that when introduced. I also wore out the sliding parts wherein the trolley would list to the side causing feeding problems. I fixed all that then fully processed 200 +/- 7.62X39 (including sizing).