PDA

View Full Version : Ask a prayer for Rose

.429&H110
12-28-2020, 08:44 PM
I would ask a prayer for Rose.
She sits next to me in church.
She is 93, her grandson died 23rd Dec '20 at 35
Rose' caregiver is her daughter, Scott's mother.
Rose was alone for Christmas.
Heather is burying her son.
Refrigerator is full, house is empty.
There will be a funeral in South Dakota.

There are a lot of old people isolated this year.
We have to look after each other.
Put on your mask, go visit, make sure they eat.

For some merry christmas is bitter.

They only find home because their dog wants dinner,
so the dog leads them home. Good dog.

Thank you for your prayers!
We are here because of our parent's prayers.
Nunc demittis

Boaz
12-28-2020, 08:52 PM
Condolence's for Rose . Prayer will be given very shortly . Your right , the elderly are really taking a direct hit with this virus . Seen enough to know . Thank you for asking for prayer for her .

Thundarstick
12-28-2020, 09:38 PM
Our family did our first Christmas with out a 34 year old wife, mother, daughter, my oldest daughter. May the grace and peace of God find this family as it has ours. Tragedy comes to all families, God heals our wounds.

Der Gebirgsjager
12-28-2020, 09:41 PM
I have asked for God to be with Rose. Best I can do, given the information. But---HE knows who she is.

DG

Wooserco
12-28-2020, 09:42 PM
Rose has our prayers.

My wife and I pick up her father's grocery list each weekend and bring it to him each Sunday, along with cooking dinner. He's 81 and misses his wife terribly (my wife looks just like her, he mentions it frequently.) Just tonight, I brought him dinner, both my wife and I are experiencing runny noses and sore throats, so I left his groceries and dinner on the front porch and rang the door bell. We exchanged greetings from a safe distance because he doesn't want to catch anything and I for one, don't want to give him any illness.

Thankfully, the neighbor kids look after him as well as we do. Their 2 and 4 year olds have "adopted him" as "Mr. Bill." He even hid their quad runners Christmas gifts in his garage and gave Mom and Dad the door code to allow them to go get their new Christmas gifts Friday morning. He got up early to watch the exchange prior to his coming over for dinner.

He is a remarkable man. He has set the bar VERY high as to what a husband is supposed to be. How the took care of my MIL until her dying breath in his arms leaves me humbled and striving to be the man that he is. He has taken the place of my Dad, one that I've always hoped to grow into the man that he was.

Triggerfinger
12-28-2020, 09:46 PM
Prayers sent for Rose.

Dekota56
12-28-2020, 09:49 PM
I am very sorry Rose, you and the family are in our prayers, May Jesus Christ walk with you during such a sad time.

Teddy (punchie)
12-28-2020, 10:37 PM
Pray for comfort for Rose.

We stay away from everyone for a week, so we could go to farm for a few hours and visit.

Pine Baron
12-29-2020, 08:19 AM
Praying that God brings His comfort to Rose and those like her.
Phillipians 4:7
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

GhostHawk
12-29-2020, 09:05 AM
Cindy and I are praying for her now. I am afraid there soon will be a second funeral.

USMC87
12-29-2020, 10:34 AM
We are adding Rose to our prayer list!

Thunder Stick
12-29-2020, 11:03 AM
Praying

Rcmaveric
12-29-2020, 12:28 PM
Prayers sent.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

jorg0370
12-29-2020, 01:02 PM
Prayers of comfort for Rose, Heather, and all who have suffered loss and are in their season of mourning. Blessings for you and all those who care for the widows and orphans.

tankgunner59
12-29-2020, 01:08 PM
Lord please be with Rose as we know you will. WE ask you to lay your hand on her and give her peace and happiness in her heart, give her family peace and comfort in this time of sorrow, in Jesus name, Amen.

augercreek
12-30-2020, 07:13 AM
Prayers sent for Rose and all who are alone.

GhostHawk
12-30-2020, 09:04 AM
My wife and I have been praying for Rose. Hope she is doing better.

Hickok
12-30-2020, 10:50 AM
May the peace, comfort and grace of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus be with Rose, Amen!

WRideout
12-30-2020, 02:38 PM
Heavenly Father, you understand loss and loneliness. Your Son felt abandoned. You know every hurt that we suffer. We ask you to show your kindness and mercy to Rose, her whole family, and all those who are alone this season. Lift them up and give them the assurance of your presence. Amen.

Wayne

.429&H110
01-01-2021, 01:56 PM
Thank you one and all for your prayers.
A church family is a blessing.
Rose is one of those Christians
who don't hide their lamp under a bushel she just shines.
Her family in South Dakota is bouncing off the walls.
Funeral tomorrow.

Boaz
01-02-2021, 09:39 AM
She is still in my daily prayers . Grief in a loss like hers is a hard thing .

.429&H110
01-04-2021, 10:41 PM
Amazing the grace a 93 year old woman has.
Amazingly sad how the GenX acts to grieve an old woman.
Amazing the support this community shows,
and the Village shows, when one of us is hurt.
Thank you for your prayers.

.429&H110
01-04-2021, 11:11 PM
These are a remarkable pair. Don and Rose.
What this obit doesn't say is Don's employees in Morocco were Christian missionarys in a Moslem country.

Johnson, Donald W., DVM, PhD. Age 89, of Green Valley, AZ, passed away on April 4, 2019. He was born May 4, 1929 to Earl and Mae (Christensen) Johnson in Wor thington, MN. He married Rose Marian Nolte in 1950, earned his DVM in 1953 from the U of MN, and served for two years in the USAF in Germany during the Korean Conflict until 1955. He then returned to the U of MN Veterinary College and trained senior vet students in a large animal practice based in Maple Plain, MN, while completing his own PhD in immunology and microbiology (1963), remaining active in his church, and adopting his two children, Scott and Heather. In 1967 he moved to the University of Missouri Vet School and returned to the U of MN in 1969 as a full professor. In 1981 he became the team leader for the MN Project, a USAID program in Rabat Morocco, which supported L'Institut Agronomique et Vétérinaire Hassan-II. The project helped over 50 students receive advanced training in the US and graduate degrees from IAV. A two year contract became a 23 year adventure, extending after his retirement from the U, including the creation of a startup chicken vaccine business. While in Morocco, he helped reestablish the Village of Hope orphanage in Ain Leuh. He returned to MN in 2004, at first snowbirding to AZ, before settling there year-round as dementia slowly extended its grasp before finally taking him away. He is survived by his wife, his two children and their partners, grandchildren, great grandchildren, his sister Donna (and her husband), along with cousins, nieces and nephews. A memorial service will be held at the Church of the Redeemer in Arden Hills at 2:00 on June 8, 2019. Memorials will be donated to the educational fund for the children of the Village of Hope and the Vet School at the U of MN.

Was a privilege to know him, and anything Rose wants, I am her neighbor.
How will we replace Don's generation's commitment to service?

buckwheatpaul
01-05-2021, 07:52 AM
Prayers for Rose for sure....but your observation about all the older Americans that are alone due to the China Virus is powerful. I also encourage members to check on and go see those shut in. They need to know that we care about them.

Boaz
01-05-2021, 12:16 PM
Prayers for Rose for sure....but your observation about all the older Americans that are alone due to the China Virus is powerful. I also encourage members to check on and go see those shut in. They need to know that we care about them.

I echo Paul's thoughts ! There are a LOT of shut in's and just older people living in isolation right now . If you can't visit a call letting them know someone is thinking about them can make a big difference .

Boaz
01-05-2021, 12:18 PM
These are a remarkable pair. Don and Rose.
What this obit doesn't say is Don's employees in Morocco were Christian missionarys in a Moslem country.

Johnson, Donald W., DVM, PhD. Age 89, of Green Valley, AZ, passed away on April 4, 2019. He was born May 4, 1929 to Earl and Mae (Christensen) Johnson in Wor thington, MN. He married Rose Marian Nolte in 1950, earned his DVM in 1953 from the U of MN, and served for two years in the USAF in Germany during the Korean Conflict until 1955. He then returned to the U of MN Veterinary College and trained senior vet students in a large animal practice based in Maple Plain, MN, while completing his own PhD in immunology and microbiology (1963), remaining active in his church, and adopting his two children, Scott and Heather. In 1967 he moved to the University of Missouri Vet School and returned to the U of MN in 1969 as a full professor. In 1981 he became the team leader for the MN Project, a USAID program in Rabat Morocco, which supported L'Institut Agronomique et Vétérinaire Hassan-II. The project helped over 50 students receive advanced training in the US and graduate degrees from IAV. A two year contract became a 23 year adventure, extending after his retirement from the U, including the creation of a startup chicken vaccine business. While in Morocco, he helped reestablish the Village of Hope orphanage in Ain Leuh. He returned to MN in 2004, at first snowbirding to AZ, before settling there year-round as dementia slowly extended its grasp before finally taking him away. He is survived by his wife, his two children and their partners, grandchildren, great grandchildren, his sister Donna (and her husband), along with cousins, nieces and nephews. A memorial service will be held at the Church of the Redeemer in Arden Hills at 2:00 on June 8, 2019. Memorials will be donated to the educational fund for the children of the Village of Hope and the Vet School at the U of MN.

Was a privilege to know him, and anything Rose wants, I am her neighbor.
How will we replace Don's generation's commitment to service?

It's hard to lose the good ones . A wonderful obit for a good man . Still praying .

.429&H110
01-18-2021, 08:12 PM
Update
Rose is 92, doing fine, the rest of the extended family is still bouncing off the walls in Minnesota. Do not die without a will. Yesterday after church wife and I visited Rose, then my Buick was dead in her driveway. Blew the fuel pump relay. Made in Korea, so I put in a Mexican relay. My Lord wants my car in her driveway? OK Lord. What next?
Rose likes roses so I got her a dozen, to make up for blocking her driveway. Drove the Buick home.
Some people hide their lamp under a bushel.
Rose shines bright, is a blessing and privilege to pray with her.
Prayers answered, thank you. It was a dark Christmas for her.

.429&H110
07-06-2023, 06:21 PM
Update
Rose just turned 95
Better than ever, tough Viking fan.
Rose asked why God spared her.
I told her she is spared for her amazing memory and witness.
Her grandchildren need her strength with their weaknesses.

So thank you for your prayers, prayers answered.

Saxon
07-06-2023, 10:42 PM
the Lord has blessed you rose.
(reading this for the first time and seeing how far back "rose" went)

augercreek
07-07-2023, 06:27 AM
My mother asked God many times the same question in her last years. She passed last Jan. at 98 yrs. We will be spreading her ashes next week in our family plot here at home. She would always say I don't know why God was keeping me here so long, I want to go home! We'd say He's still got something for you to do. And He did ! She shared the gospel with her care givers.

Pine Baron
07-07-2023, 07:11 AM
May God bless Rose and all she touches.

.429&H110
07-07-2023, 11:25 AM
Thank you for your prayers

The Rosies of this world are a blessing to talk to.

WILCO
07-07-2023, 11:31 AM
Prayers sent.

WRideout
07-08-2023, 12:24 PM
My mother-in-law, at age 96 kept asking why she couldn't just die and be with her husband. What she did not realize was that she was our gift.

Wayne

.429&H110
07-08-2023, 04:11 PM
Rose is a gift and has a gift.

As a veterinarian's wife in Morocco, she could talk to Moslem housewives about their chickens.
She can talk to American women just as easily.

I am here to tell you there are some treasures out there that need visitors.