PDA

View Full Version : 9mm Lee 6cavity mold nowhere to be found

stanford
12-27-2020, 08:12 PM
This is truly amazing. I have never casted for 9mm before and decided I was going to do some casting and give them to my son, I looked around for a 6 cavity mold and you cannot find it anywhere. Seems like its impossible to find anything at all no matter what it is. Then you have those folks on ebay trying to sell that same mold for about $150, they can keep that.

Anyone have any resources to find a six cavity 9mm mold?. This is truly amazing...

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-27-2020, 08:25 PM
supply and demand...Didn't they teach you that in school?

I believe MP Molds has 9mm molds in stock, theirs are 8 cavity I believe.

stanford
12-27-2020, 08:34 PM
supply and demand...Didn't they teach you that in school?

Isn't MP Molds in a totally different country, I am not too keen on ordering stuff from out of country these days. I ordered a carbon fiber handlebar for my bike back on October the 3rd, the handlebar is nowhere to be found coming from china. The tracking shows that it hasn't even left china yet, they send me another handlebar in good faith and its been about a month for that one and its still in china. They already refunded me back my money but maybe one day it will show up when I least expect it. I already told them I would pay for it if it ever showed up in this lifetime.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-27-2020, 08:47 PM
you got a real dilemma on your hands.

Murphy
12-27-2020, 08:54 PM
JonB in Glenco is spot on.

If it's 9mm related? Good luck on finding much of anything other than some brass. And I've watched some of it sell lately that rather surprised me. And, pretty much the same looking for anything in .38 caliber for a handgun. I know some resourceful people who decided perhaps they would be better off buying a 125 grain 38 caliber mold and sizing it down for their 9mm. Oops, seems like a lot of others thought the same thing and grabbed those as well. And lastly, finding a mold for casting 380's is perhaps even harder. Been there, done that long ago.

Murphy

AndyC
12-27-2020, 09:02 PM
There's a bunch (as in 6 or 7) on eBay right now - and yeah, they're not the cheapest but demand is high. Pay up or go without, those really are your choices.

Alternatives - the 2-cavity molds in the same style.

Conditor22
12-27-2020, 09:02 PM
AMAZON HAS THE LEE PRECISION 356-120-Tc 6 Cavity $67.99 & FREE Shipping

JonB likes this profile, I'm still out on it

500Smith
12-27-2020, 09:12 PM
Have you considered arsenal molds? I received a 358242 RN 125 Gr. four cavity a few weeks ago. Have not shot any but the Boolets look good. If it's six cavity or nothing can't help but my four is very nice.

knifemaker
12-27-2020, 09:21 PM
If you find one for sale on Amazon at a reasonable price, be sure to confirm they HAVE IT IN STOCK before you submit any funds to buy. Otherwise you may be waiting 4-5 months for it to arrive at your location.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-27-2020, 09:39 PM
AMAZON HAS THE LEE PRECISION 356-120-Tc 6 Cavity $67.99 & FREE Shipping

JonB likes this profile, I'm still out on it

If you find one for sale on Amazon at a reasonable price, be sure to confirm they HAVE IT IN STOCK before you submit any funds to buy. Otherwise you may be waiting 4-5 months for it to arrive at your location.

I do like the Lee 120TC...or I should say my Ruger 9e likes the 120TC
Amazon says 2 in stock from RIVER RIDGE ENTERPRISES...and they have good feedback. It's tempting to scoop them up and flip 'em on fleabay.

jschance
12-27-2020, 09:53 PM
I have one of the Lee 124 grain truncated cone tumble lubed bullet 6 cavity mold I would make you a great deal on. I will tell you up front two of the cavities are trashed due to an ill advised and failed project to remove the TL grooves. So technically, I guess it's now a 4 cavity mold.

I was never able to get this bullet to shoot in my Lone Wolf 9mm Glock barrel, and have since gotten an MP Mold, so I have no use for it.

How about $20 + shipping, and I'll send it your way.

Super Sneaky Steve
12-28-2020, 12:58 AM
I gave up looking for a Lee mould in 225 caliber. Ended up buying one from NOE. They are a little more expensive but made a little better. The blocks have more meat on them. I bought a 5 cav mould. Without the caming action of the Lee, that's probably a good thing that it's not a 6 cav.

gbrown
12-31-2020, 12:37 PM
Isn't MP Molds in a totally different country, I am not too keen on ordering stuff from out of country these days. I ordered a carbon fiber handlebar for my bike back on October the 3rd, the handlebar is nowhere to be found coming from china. The tracking shows that it hasn't even left china yet, they send me another handlebar in good faith and its been about a month for that one and its still in china. They already refunded me back my money but maybe one day it will show up when I least expect it. I already told them I would pay for it if it ever showed up in this lifetime.
I ordered a mold from MP about a month and a half ago and had it within 2 weeks. Great people to deal with.

stanford
12-31-2020, 01:22 PM
I ordered a mold from MP about a month and a half ago and had it within 2 weeks. Great people to deal with.

I ended up buying one the same night from them and when I saw that it was shipped the next day I was very surprised. I am even more surprised because the mold is going to arrive today (thursday) just four days after ordering. Since it was going to arrive this fast I wanted to get another caliber, unfortunately the size that I want are all sold out.

Burnt Fingers
12-31-2020, 01:30 PM
I've never had a MP mold take more than five days for delivery. Many of them have arrived in 2-3 days.

NOE molds, if in stock, normally ship the same day. Arsenal molds, if in stock are the same.

Forget Lee. Get a decent mold from one of the three I've mentioned.

Burnt Fingers
12-31-2020, 01:31 PM
I ended up buying one the same night from them and when I saw that it was shipped the next day I was very surprised. I am even more surprised because the mold is going to arrive today (thursday) just four days after ordering. Since it was going to arrive this fast I wanted to get another caliber, unfortunately the size that I want are all sold out.

Drop a note to Miha. He might do a run.

tankgunner59
01-06-2021, 09:45 PM
I have a bunch of Lee molds and have never had a problem with them.

AndyC
01-08-2021, 02:49 AM
Just ordered an 8-cav in 9mm 115gr - thanks.

Edit: Just got a DHL tracking-number - phenomenal :shock:[smilie=w:

GoldieMI
01-09-2021, 08:59 AM
yes Miha ships fast and DHL delivers as promised. Worth every penny

donerightsigns
01-09-2021, 04:33 PM
out of all these replies to you, I did not see one mention about Midway USA. They have molds for 6 cavity 9mm. But the may be sold out right now

Castaway
01-09-2021, 07:40 PM
I got the last one on the internet Wednesday, the night before Thanksgiving from Graf and Sons

Edward
01-09-2021, 08:30 PM
I've never had a MP mold take more than five days for delivery. Many of them have arrived in 2-3 days.

NOE molds, if in stock, normally ship the same day. Arsenal molds, if in stock are the same.

Forget Lee. Get a decent mold from one of the three I've mentioned.

Nothing wrong with Lee , they used to be reasonable but today nothing is ! How ever they cast decent bullets and will last if not abused ,they are a good entryway mold for noobies . The negative is noobies will cause the abuse (till they get better)but you can always make a pile of bullets and taken care of sell on fleabay and break even on mold cost . Sure there are better molds (I own a pile of them) but with todays politics stik with Lee "s cause you have no idea when the lead is banished (already scarce ) and drying up !!! Ed

imashooter2
01-09-2021, 11:05 PM
5 available as I post this. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010203064?pid=340779

BJK
01-10-2021, 12:36 AM
I recently ordered a 9mm MP mold. It was shipped the same day and DHL didn't waste time getting it to me. I think it was 4 days from my order to my hands.

Geezer in NH
01-10-2021, 03:32 PM
5 available as I post this. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010203064?pid=340779All gone at this time today!

imashooter2
01-10-2021, 05:35 PM
All gone at this time today!

Gone in 20 minutes yesterday. Got some more in this morning of the traditional lube groove RN. 4 left when I got it in my cart, gone before I could check out. It’s as if folks see some dismal future or something...

stanford
01-13-2021, 10:11 AM
yes Miha ships fast and DHL delivers as promised. Worth every penny

Miha may ship fast but DHL is the worst for me right now. My package arrived in Houston on Dec 30 and no one in DHL knows where my mold is, all I get are nonsense emails. I emailed DHL to give me a refund and I can re-order. I was really eager to get this mold as I have never had an Mpmold before, I want to get their 45 230g HP also but thats out.

Guardian
01-13-2021, 04:23 PM
That's unfortunate! I ordered two moulds from MP Monday and had them by Friday. I can't even get stuff from within the US that quick!

Some brass that was sent to me left Anderson, SC (196 miles or 3.5 hours away); came to K-town (30 miles from my home); then went to Memphis; then to Atlanta; and then got delivered to me; about 2 weeks total.......and USPS wonders why I can't believe they delivered all those ballots......

ReloaderFred
01-14-2021, 01:01 PM
This thread has run it's course and is resulting in rule violations, so it's closed.