PDA

View Full Version : Small Rotary Tumbler Drum

deltaenterprizes
12-27-2020, 06:34 PM
I posted in the Swappin and Selling section for a WTB for a small rotary tumbler drum hoping to find someone with a tumbler with a burnt up motor.
I did not find a drum but got a suggestion from a member calledconditor22 to use a plastic nut container and spacers inside of the large drum.
Well we got some warm weather for a Christmas present from Our Lord above so I got to work on the project!
I have plenty of those containers because my wife and I look me cashews and eat a lot of them. I picked the smallest size and measured the OD of the container and it worked out that I needed 4 spacers 2 one inch thick and 2 one and a half inch thick.
I had some scrap foam board and some scrap foam shipping inserts.
I cut them to the appropriate size and it is working like a charm so far.
I will see the results in about a half hour and give a report in the future!

MUSTANG
12-27-2020, 07:12 PM
I got tired of the really Black filth when I tumbled brass with Soap and Lemishine in the Harbor Freight Rubber Tumbler drums; So I made a Drum out of a cut down 3" Gray PVC Pipe; used plumbers Rubber end caps for 3" pipe without the Stainless Screw bands (form fit only) and it works great.

ironbrew
12-28-2020, 01:14 AM
Could we get some pics? I'm on the hunt for ideas. Thanks

NyFirefighter357
12-28-2020, 08:11 AM
Could we get some pics? I'm on the hunt for ideas. Thanks

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?413219-Tumbler-died-Move-to-Ultrasonic

deltaenterprizes
12-28-2020, 05:22 PM
I got tired of the really Black filth when I tumbled brass with Soap and Lemishine in the Harbor Freight Rubber Tumbler drums; So I made a Drum out of a cut down 3" Gray PVC Pipe; used plumbers Rubber end caps for 3" pipe without the Stainless Screw bands (form fit only) and it works great.
I would have to modify the base to accommodate the smaller diameter drum and the square shape causes more tumbling action than a smooth interior.