PDA

View Full Version : Casting session, first since before covid.

45-70 Chevroner
12-26-2020, 09:21 PM
I have a new Lee 120 gr. 9mmTC. 6 cavity and an older Lee 230 gr 45acp 2R 6 cavity. Cleaned the new one with Comet and dish soap with a tooth brush. I used both at the same time rotating them. I cast up about 1000 each. I had about 30 rejects from the new mold and no rejects from the old one. I preheated both of them on a hot plate at a medium setting. I used a new Lee 4-20 bottom pour. I ordered it a little over two weeks ago on back order from Midway and I was real surprised that I got it so soon, as the said it would be well after Christmas before I would get it.

lightman
12-27-2020, 06:53 PM
It sounds like you still remember how! Like riding a bike, right!:-)

45-70 Chevroner
12-28-2020, 01:26 AM
It sounds like you still remember how! Like riding a bike, right!:-)

Yes! It even took me longer to set up, and my memory isn't as good as it use to be. Sometimes I feel old and for good reason, I'll be 80 next August. I hope I'll still be able to cast boolits. All of my casting is for my son and and grandsons. I haven't been out shooting in over a year. My hands shake a little to much.

44Blam
12-28-2020, 03:59 AM
LOL! I've casted and loaded way more boolits since covid...

In March, my wife and I were really sick (don't know if it was COVID or what) but I was sick with a fever for 14 days... I would get up, call in to work and go back to bed. There was generally an hour or two that I felt somewhat ok and I would go make 25 or 50 rounds of pistol ammo. Well, that period of time got longer and I ended up loading about 2000 rounds of 40 S&W over the 14 days.... And I think we watched a good portion of the Night Court reruns...
Normally, I am casting for what I am going to shoot the next month but I'm not shooting as many matches so I just keep casting/loading so I am slowly getting a surplus...