PDA

View Full Version : XDs 9mm 3.3 parts diagram

Jkrem
12-25-2020, 05:28 PM
My daughters boyfriend dropped off his XDs and a bag of parts last night to reassemble. I’ve been trying to find a good parts diagram .pdf for the frame, the pdf of the owners manual online doesn’t print clearly on my printer to see the parts.

Anyone have a good diagram?

Merry Christmas,!!!

RKJ
12-26-2020, 11:48 AM
Brownells has the XD and XDm schematics, Don't know if it will help but here's the link to the site https://www.brownells.com/schematics/springfield-armory--mid117.aspx

Jkrem
12-26-2020, 04:37 PM
Watched half a dozen YouTube videos, read the owners manual, and checked off all the parts on a parts list that weren’t still assembled. Started by disassembling the remainder of the pistol into main components. Note that the sear housing was completely assembled when I removed it. Starting with the magazine catch, and working backwards, I managed to reassemble the pistol. I have apparently not installed something correctly, probably the sear housing assembly. Attempted to break it down and start over, and now I cannot remove the slide. The trigger won’t pull as I can’t push the grip safely forward and depress the trigger at the same time. Tried pulling the slide assembly forward while trying to pull the trigger. No luck. Appreciate any suggestions on how to remove the stuck slide so I can start over. Thanks. Jim

popper
12-26-2020, 06:44 PM
If you have a very thin and tough blade, the lever - right side approx above the mag release -between slide and frame needs to push forward to reset the trigger.
Immediately give back to kid and have him send it to factory so he'll learn!

Jkrem
12-26-2020, 09:05 PM
Figured it out...
1. Lock open slide
2. Remove striker lock plate
3. Remove striker assembly
4. Release slide carefully until it stops
5. Pull trigger and remove slide

Now to figure out what I did wrong in assembly...