PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help Please

tchepone
12-21-2020, 07:47 PM
I know I may be asking the nearly impossible here but here goes:
I bought a box of "gun related stuff" at a yard sale yesterday and among the treasures were these 4 magazines.
I don't have any idea what they fit - non of my guns anyway.
If anyone knows the answer please PM me. Thank you GJH

lar45
12-21-2020, 07:55 PM
Just a guess, Walther GSP???

Didn't S&W make a 32 long wadcutter semi auto?

Markopolo
12-21-2020, 07:56 PM
are all 4 of them the same?

tchepone
12-21-2020, 07:59 PM
are all 4 of them the same?

Yes they are.

Mk42gunner
12-21-2020, 08:32 PM
Just a guess, Walther GSP???

Didn't S&W make a 32 long wadcutter semi auto?

I think Pardini made the gun you are probably thinking of. As I remember it too was a forward magazine target gun for the .32 S&W Long wadcutter.

To the OP, how long are the magazines? The guns lar45 and I are thinking of didn't have very long magazines, maybe five or six round capacity.

Robert

tchepone
12-21-2020, 08:46 PM
I think Pardini made the gun you are probably thinking of. As I remember it too was a forward magazine target gun for the .32 S&W Long wadcutter.

To the OP, how long are the magazines? The guns lar45 and I are thinking of didn't have very long magazines, maybe five or six round capacity.

Robert

I loaded one of the mags with the brass - all I could get in was 6 rounds, the 6th was hard to insert. The mags are 4 5/8" long. Definitely 32 S&W Long - there were a few boolits as well as brass in the box. Boolits are full wadcutters, 100 grain. No loaded rounds.

That Pardini is a nice gun - wish I had one.

Note:
Just looked up the magazines for Walther GSP. There is one for sale on eBay, looks similar at the top but bottom is different.
Also looked up the Pardini - they are also different. The quest continues....

dverna
12-21-2020, 10:25 PM
Not sure if Hammerli made a .32.

I suspect they are worth quite a bit when you find what they fit. There should be a Bullseye forum and I would post a picture there

tchepone
12-22-2020, 09:37 PM
Not sure if Hammerli made a .32.

I suspect they are worth quite a bit when you find what they fit. There should be a Bullseye forum and I would post a picture there
Don:
Thank you for the suggestion, I will check the bullseye forum and look into the Hammerli.

rintinglen
12-23-2020, 12:24 PM
I'm thinking that those might be for a Benelli. Back around 1995 a nice guy shooting several high dollar foreign target pistols let me fire a few shots from them and IIRC those look like the one for the Benelli. It was the only one of the three that had the magazine in the butt. The Walther and the third one had the magazine mounted in front of the trigger guard.

tchepone
12-23-2020, 08:09 PM
I'm thinking that those might be for a Benelli. Back around 1995 a nice guy shooting several high dollar foreign target pistols let me fire a few shots from them and IIRC those look like the one for the Benelli. It was the only one of the three that had the magazine in the butt. The Walther and the third one had the magazine mounted in front of the trigger guard.

I want to thank everyone for the replies and info. I am working with guy over on the Bullseye Forum and we may be getting this figured out. So far the closest match has been the SIG-Hammerli P240 - still trying to verify that one. I'll post the results when we have a 100% conclusion.

You guys are great, always willing to help someone in need. Wish the world was full of more like that.

Mags were for a Hammerli P240 and have found a new home. Thank You!