View Full Version : Christmas came early here

country gent
12-21-2020, 12:57 AM
Gave out 2 Christmas presents this weekend.

Last night I gave my son his grandfathers colt new frontier 22 lr 22 mag both cylinders and the little round 3 bladed screw driver in the box. Price sticker on the box read 169.99 Also a box of 22 lr and 22 mag ammo. fixed sights and 5 1/2" barrel
Today I gave my daughter and son in law her grandfathers JC Higgins 12 ga pump. In all the years I was growing up I can never remember working the pump and it not functioning. I didnt have any extra 12 ga shells for them though. 28" barrel interchangeable chokes, set of 3 with it. 2 3/4 chambered.Not a "fancy gun but dependable and in good shape.

Both were in good shape and well cared for. But are more important for the history than what they are I hope.

Walked both thew the use and care of.

Buzz Krumhunger
12-21-2020, 01:11 AM
Good they got the guns and know they are Grandpa’s.

country gent
12-21-2020, 01:54 AM
This was is the son in laws first firearm so will have to put some time in with him on it. AN excuse to get to the club and shoot for me since I dont drive any more

Thin Man
12-21-2020, 04:17 AM
That's terrific. I am about ready to start talking with our 3 daughters if they have any interest in any of my materials. They are in their 30's and able to make responsible decisions for themselves. One of these daughters is married and her son is about to turn 5. Before he was 2 years old I bought him a TN Lifetime Sportsmans license. If the applicant is less than 2 the cost of that license is screaming low compared to every year following. Here's hoping having this opportunity will lead him into the woods and streams more than if he did not have it.

country gent
12-21-2020, 01:21 PM
Grandsons are 7 5 and 2, there is an old single shot 410 in dads guns that needs some work fore end clip repaired new extractor made. Dad learned to hunt with it I did my brother did several cousins. Its been handed around the family a long time. Once I get the repairs made and it all checked out it will become theirs. I had made an extractor for it in the 8s but it looks like I didnt get it annealed down right since it has a chip in it now.

Chihuahua Floyd
12-23-2020, 10:22 AM
Not Christmas so much, but I bought the #1 Grandson his 21st birthday present a few weeks ago. Ruger Wrangler, he just turned 7 so I get to keep it for him for a while.

10x
12-23-2020, 01:10 PM
Not Christmas so much, but I bought the #1 Grandson his 21st birthday present a few weeks ago. Ruger Wrangler, he just turned 7 so I get to keep it for him for a while.

My grandson has owned a Remington model 7 since he was 6 months old. He still has 4 years before he can legally take possession of it - if the Canadian government still allows that.