PDA

View Full Version : The Good and Bad

Johnch
12-18-2020, 10:51 PM
Well I have been on Ohio Workman's Comp since a fall the last day of 2010
As I took a nasty fall at work
It took till 9 months ago till they said I had reached my MMI ( Max Medical Improvement )
So I filed for Total Permanent Disability
It took months to go to all the Doctors to be "Tested" to see if I was really Disabled
2 of Ohio Workman's Comp Doctors said I was 100% disabled

Well I got the letter several days ago with some paperwork
All in All I am now 100% Disabled
Both from Ohio Workman's Comp and Social Security
That was the Good Part

Bad part
This last Monday I was supposed to go to the Doctor for my every 3 month Botox injections
As the injections help with the migraines
But the Ohio Workman's Comp provider had phoned them that the Doctor had to file more paperwork
Also the Doctor had to send in a form saying "WHY" I needed Botox
He filed the Extra Paperwork and sent in the form
So this next coming Monday I will be making the trip to the Doctor for the Botox injections
The Doctor's Head nurse convinced the Doctor to delay his Christmas Vacation start
He was not going to be open till Jan 4 2021
But myself and 8 other people needed our injections and other stuff
Not only will get the injections
But I will get the MUCH Needed refills on my Pain Meds

Boy would I like some of the darn people at the Ohio Workman's Comp provider to deal with Migraines and other Headaches for a while
Maybe then they wouldn't keep delaying my treatments

John

dangitgriff
12-18-2020, 11:06 PM
The Ugly:
Socialized medicine sucks. And it’s only going to get worse in America all the way down the road to economic collapse.
Glad you got your situation sorted. I’m sure the doc will feel better for having a good reason to delay the start of his vacation.
—Griff

slumlord44
12-18-2020, 11:11 PM
Biden will fix it. Don't hold your breath.

daengmei
12-18-2020, 11:28 PM
It really seems that no matter what the case, any involvement with government is delayed. I got told that the "new way" to get reimbursement would be quicker....that has proven to be wrong. Deliberate? Stall and we pay less?

I had worked for someone that continually paid us late yet he and his immigrated family owned 4 major hotels in just the immediate area. I can't believe the money could not be on time. Deliberate?

I believe it is.

abunaitoo
12-18-2020, 11:28 PM
From what I understand, with social medicine, there is no workers comp or disability.
Because it's at no cost, everyone get treated, no matter what.
Say good-by to a doctor you like.
You also cannot complain about any treatment.
One good thing is doctors fees will be all the same for everyone..."$OOO.OO".
I'm sure doctors will no longer want to be doctors.
That's why the rest of the world comes to this country for medical..............if they have the money.

dangitgriff
12-18-2020, 11:45 PM
Actually, it’s becoming more the opposite. Medical tourism is booming due to our over-priced medical care. Just compare the inflation-adjusted cost of a week in the hospital in 1970 to today.
We are getting priced right out of our own country and into the care of foreign medical providers...it’s just as effective and far more affordable, even factoring in the cost of travel.
R/Griff

Winger Ed.
12-19-2020, 03:26 PM
We are getting priced right out of our own country and into the care of foreign medical providers..

A noticeable part of our medical costs is for the Doctor's medical malpractice insurance.
A buddy's wife went in and got that weight loss thing where they take out part of your stomach .

He got to talking to the Doctor who told him his malpractice insurance premium was right at one million dollars a year,
and he'd never lost a patient or had a claim filed on him.
If he did 200 of those operations a year, that's $5,000 on each bill just to cover the insurance premium.

Also, the hospital, and nurses, etc. have to have malpractice insurance as well. That's in a patient's bill too.

abunaitoo
12-19-2020, 03:48 PM
I'm sure with social medicine there is no malpractice.
Can't sue for anything anyway.

Winger Ed.
12-19-2020, 04:24 PM
I'm sure with social medicine there is no malpractice.
Can't sue for anything anyway.

Not sure, but you never hear about some ga-zillion dollar pay out.
Or,,,,, Maybe Doctors working in a socialized system never mess up.

dangitgriff
12-19-2020, 06:16 PM
The government caps the award fees to the plaintiffs...they have to, or else they would go broke, and quickly.