PDA

View Full Version : Detsch custom dies?

TrxR
12-17-2020, 11:34 PM
Does anyone know if Detsch is still making dies? If so anyone have any idea the approx cost for a full set of flat base dies?

Anyone have any contact info like email? Or is he a phone only guy?

Thanks

nicholst55
12-18-2020, 07:02 AM
https://www.dandb.com/businessdirectory/detschcustombulletdies-saintmarys-pa-9313903.html

I would recommend joining the Saubier.com forum and asking there. IIRC, he is or was a member there at one time. I recall contacting him about a set of dies, and he was getting $2K for a set of carbide dies at that time. That's been 8-10 years, probably.

onomrbil
12-18-2020, 11:30 AM
Dave is still making dies; I used a set of his dies this morning, actually. He is doing business as Detsch Custom Bullet Dies. You can get contact info if you do a search for that business. A set of carbide dies is typically $2,000 +, cash. Yes, he is telephone only. Unlike some other custom die makers he is pretty prompt with his delivery times and does superb work. He also supports his product if there is a problem. Depending on what you are looking for you might keep an eye on E-Bay. His stuff comes up now and then. . . .

TrxR
12-18-2020, 12:29 PM
Dave is still making dies; I used a set of his dies this morning, actually. He is doing business as Detsch Custom Bullet Dies. You can get contact info if you do a search for that business. A set of carbide dies is typically $2,000 +, cash. Yes, he is telephone only. Unlike some other custom die makers he is pretty prompt with his delivery times and does superb work. He also supports his product if there is a problem. Depending on what you are looking for you might keep an eye on E-Bay. His stuff comes up now and then. . . .

Thanks I am looking for a set of dies to make 112-115gr Flat based 30cal benchrest bullet to shoot out of a 30BR. Thinking around a 7ogive using a .925 jacket.