PDA

View Full Version : Remington Elliot Ring Trigger Pistol

ndnchf
12-17-2020, 10:39 PM
I've always admired the look of these little ring trigger 4 barrel pistols. I finally found one in good mechanical shape at a decent price.

It shoots 32 rimfire short. I made up one reloadable case with just a starter pistol blank as the primer, no powder or bullet to test functionality - it went bang. I've ordered a dozen good reloadable cases from Jack Harrison. I already have a good supply of Ideal 299153 heel bullets. With the starter pistol blank, there is enough space for 4.0gr of 3F under the heel bullet. Not exactly a manstopper! But it should be fun to try out.

MrWolf
12-18-2020, 08:37 PM
That is pretty cool and interesting. Thanks.

ndnchf
02-06-2021, 02:37 PM
I finally got to the range to try out the little ring trigger. It shot great. Here is a short video.

https://youtu.be/_25YxdWTUCM

FarNorth45
02-08-2021, 04:09 AM
Pretty kool , nice pistol and congratulations on the good find !!! I always enjoy the out of norm firearms, something that everyone else doesn't have and a piece of history!!!

missionary5155
02-08-2021, 08:41 AM
Thank you very much for that fine educational intro of those little Remingtons !
As far a belly gun defensive round that would be downright deadly.

ndnchf
02-08-2021, 02:54 PM
I always thought these were pretty cool little pistols. They seem to be much rarer than the famous Remington over/under .41 rimfire deringers. I started looking for one of these last year and eventually found this one. The bore's are pretty rough, but at card table range it doesn't seem to matter :wink:

If'n I was cheating at cards, I wouldn't want to be staring at this.