PDA

View Full Version : A Lee group buy 38-130-gc 6 cavity

FISH4BUGS
12-13-2020, 07:52 PM
I was cleaning up the man cave and I came across a mould that I have no idea why I bought it. It is unused and flat new.
I never used it and really have no idea why I bought it.....well, maybe I had thoughts of a light 357 gas checked bullet.
Somewhere many years back, I bought this mould from a member here.
It is a 6 cavity 38-130 gc. That is what is on the end of the box.The mould, I DO recall, was from a group buy.
I wan't part of the group buy but bought it from a few owners later that apparently never used it either.
Does anyone recall a 6 cavity group buy with a 38 bullet, 130gr (or so it says on the box) gas check with rounded shoulders and a flat nose?
It has a lube groove and does not seem to have a crimp groove, although there is a very faint line at the start of the shoulder. Without actually casting with it i really can't tell. Anyway, you would crimp on the flats on this one I would assume.
My camera doesn't do close ups so no photos.
Your thoughts?

rancher1913
12-13-2020, 11:06 PM
my thoughts are you need a gun to load them for now that you have the mold, things happen for a reason ;)

FISH4BUGS
12-14-2020, 08:26 AM
my thoughts are you need a gun to load them for now that you have the mold, things happen for a reason ;)

Not a problem. I have 5 guns that can shoot a 38/357 bullet.
I just don't know anything about the mould.

harm
12-14-2020, 11:39 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/archive/index.php/t-29525.html

Found the group buy, but the internet swallowed the pictures at some point.

FISH4BUGS
12-16-2020, 12:11 PM
Funny...that is the name of the guy on the box that was sent and the school.
So I'm not crazy after all. It WAS a group buy.
I may try a few casts and see how they bullets look.

MT Gianni
12-19-2020, 12:07 PM
Gill was great with pictures and had some beautiful pictures. I believe he has passed on. IIRC, the idea was that some of the Rossi 92's would not group well with a 158 gr bullet. 45 2.1 was the designer and that was the purpose.