PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a load for a Seecamp .32 ACP?

a1parrothead
12-12-2020, 08:08 PM
I have a Seecamp .32ACP. Has anybody reloaded a reliable round in this finicky little pistol?

Any cast .32's that would feed? I am interested in what others have done so I do not reinvent the wheel!

Jeff

Johnch
12-12-2020, 08:37 PM
A number of years back I had a 32 ACP Seecamp
The ONLY ammo that I could get to work in it was Winchester Silvertip HP's
Non of the reloads I tried would cycle even most of the time

The Winchester Silvertip HP Ammo worked though
I sold it before I dumped a ton of time and cash into it

John

country gent
12-12-2020, 11:38 PM
The Seecamp and the NAA guardian were designed around the 32 win silvertip ammo. They tend to work flawlessly with them. The old lugers were not near as reliable with ammo other than ww2 German ball do to a slightly different ogive shape and length.

Back when the Seecamp was designed and built Silvertips were one of the top performing ammos for self defense

maxreloader
12-12-2020, 11:40 PM
A number of years back I had a 32 ACP Seecamp
The ONLY ammo that I could get to work in it was Winchester Silvertip HP's
Non of the reloads I tried would cycle even most of the time

The Winchester Silvertip HP Ammo worked though
I sold it before I dumped a ton of time and cash into it

John

I second this... many, many headaches if not using Win Silvertips

sigep1764
12-12-2020, 11:59 PM
I had troubles with a Guardian in 32ACP as well. Factory ball would hang up in that thing. It only liked hollow points as well. It went down the road after investing in brass and a mold.

alamogunr
12-13-2020, 12:42 AM
Somewhere around here I've got a paper about loads(or just bullets) that work in the Seecamp .32. I'll try to find it and if I can come up with a link, I'll post it.

I've never used anything but Silvertips but I do have a mold that I've never used. The article may be the catalyst that I need to try cast in the Seecamp.

a1parrothead
12-14-2020, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the advice. Somebody, somewhere has to have successfully created a load for this gun!
Jeff