PDA

View Full Version : Picking my own Christmas gift!!

FarNorth45
12-11-2020, 12:59 AM
The wife informed me that i was in charge of ordering my own Christmas gift....... so i ordered me a Baco .443 elliptical mold and a couple hundred sheets of 9# onion skin paper .
I'm excited to start my Journey into paper patching . I got my greasers shooting pretty decent through my new Sharps ....... but learning to paper patch has been my longtime goal . December 25 , right after i stuff myself with Christmas dinner i will be casting some new projectiles !!!
It's nice to finally have a 300 yrd range out my door ....... but I'm thinking i should have built me a little heated shooting shack for this time of year !!! Its cold outside here in Alaska . I may have to set up one of my ice fishing tents , cause i won't be able to wait months to work up loads ha!ha

rfd
12-11-2020, 06:52 AM
Welcome to the Paper Patch Way. :)

FarNorth45
12-12-2020, 01:08 AM
Welcome to the Paper Patch Way. :)

Thanks Rfd !! ...... I'm looking forward to the Journey and i appreciate the knowledge that you and many other people contribute here in this group !!!

rfd
12-12-2020, 06:43 AM
Thanks Rfd !! ...... I'm looking forward to the Journey and i appreciate the knowledge that you and many other people contribute here in this group !!!

Check yer PM ....

smithnframe
12-12-2020, 07:25 AM
Good luck.......keep us informed!

GregLaROCHE
12-12-2020, 08:46 AM
The wife informed me that i was in charge of ordering my own Christmas gift....... so i ordered me a Baco .443 elliptical mold and a couple hundred sheets of 9# onion skin paper .
I'm excited to start my Journey into paper patching . I got my greasers shooting pretty decent through my new Sharps ....... but learning to paper patch has been my longtime goal . December 25 , right after i stuff myself with Christmas dinner i will be casting some new projectiles !!!
It's nice to finally have a 300 yrd range out my door ....... but I'm thinking i should have built me a little heated shooting shack for this time of year !!! Its cold outside here in Alaska . I may have to set up one of my ice fishing tents , cause i won't be able to wait months to work up loads ha!ha

When I used to trap in interior Alaska, it would sometimes be so cold that my 22 rifle wouldn’t fire to dispatch live wolves in traps. I had to get a 22 pistol I could keep inside my parka.

When it’s -40 or colder, sound is incredibly different too. You can fire a shot and then hear it hit a tree over a mile away.

FarNorth45
12-12-2020, 10:31 PM
When I used to trap in interior Alaska, it would sometimes be so cold that my 22 rifle wouldn’t fire to dispatch live wolves in traps. I had to get a 22 pistol I could keep inside my parka.

When it’s -40 or colder, sound is incredibly different too. You can fire a shot and then hear it hit a tree over a mile away.

Yeah it gets a lot colder in the interior, i live in south central and -20 to -30 is more normal here . I have seen -39 but only once in the last 7 years . I love the quite that comes with the cold and snow
The frost build up is pretty amazing here also , it pretty much takes over like moss on a cypress tree !!!