PDA

View Full Version : Really cheap carry strap/ sling

Mk42gunner
12-10-2020, 07:04 PM
For those wanting a cheap carry strap, and with a bit of ingenuity a shooting sling, I have been using the little 2 yard rolls of 1" nylon webbing from the craft section of wally world. This didn't quite satisfy me because there was always a foot or two of the webbing left over, and it was too short to do much with.

Today I was in the Hobby Lobby store in Belton, MO and remembered to look for longer lengths of said webbing.

Lo and behold, they had 15 yard (45') rolls of it, and they were on sale. $1.99/yd plus 50% off and I got a whole roll for $14.85. This should take care of my sling needs for a while.

Would I put a webbing sling on a fancy wood stock? No. But they serve admirably on utility grade rifles or anything with a plastic stock.

Hope this helps someone.

Robert

samari46
12-11-2020, 02:10 AM
Put some 1 1/4" sling swivels on your rifle and then get the sling fittings for a M1 Garand and use your 1 1/4" webbing and custom make your sling the length you want. I've seen M1 Garand slings made using nylon webbing. The old ones were cotton and heavy duty. Or just get a Garand/Springfield sling. Frank

Rcmaveric
12-11-2020, 12:20 PM
I made all my rifle slings. Using paracord and cobra knots. Took me a week to weave. Then I would finish with webbing to make it adjustable. Made those 7 years ago and they are still going strong.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Pinger87
12-11-2020, 02:19 PM
I made all my rifle slings. Using paracord and cobra knots. Took me a week to weave. Then I would finish with webbing to make it adjustable. Made those 7 years ago and they are still going strong.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Wish I was that handy. I normally just settle for something from Viking Tactics.

Thumbcocker
12-11-2020, 02:58 PM
There is a company called strap works that sells all different types of webbing as well as buckles and the quick snap thingies.

CastingFool
12-11-2020, 07:17 PM
I just made one out of od green paracord I have had for years.

jonp
12-11-2020, 07:34 PM
Put some 1 1/4" sling swivels on your rifle and then get the sling fittings for a M1 Garand and use your 1 1/4" webbing and custom make your sling the length you want. I've seen M1 Garand slings made using nylon webbing. The old ones were cotton and heavy duty. Or just get a Garand/Springfield sling. Frank

Henry sells leather slings that don't require any swivels

Jsm180
12-11-2020, 09:13 PM
2 for $12, works fine for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Accmor-Rifle-Traditional-Outdoor-Sports/dp/B07X4DRCLH/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=Accmor+2+Point+Slings+Two+Point+and+Tradi tional+Slings+for+Outdoor+Sports&qid=1607735347&sr=8-6

Gewehr-Guy
12-11-2020, 10:08 PM
My neighbor gave me a 5 gallon bucket full of nylon strap he calls Mule Tape. He buries underground conduit for utility companies, and the mule tape is inside, and is used to pull the cable through the conduit after it is buried. It's about 3/4 inch wide, and is extremely tough.