PDA

View Full Version : USPS again - Term to use when lost package

square butte
12-10-2020, 03:53 PM
Someone posted a specific term recently to be used when trying to get the USPS to locate a package that is not moving - I have searched for that post and cannot find it. Anyone remember the term to use or know which thread it is in? Thanks for your help

Handloader109
12-10-2020, 04:05 PM
You might as well just sit back and wait. USPS ain't gonna search for anything till after Christmas. You can bet on it.

square butte
12-10-2020, 04:39 PM
I've done that before - Post Mistress told me there are 120+ tractor trailers full backed up at the Nashua, NH hub. That's where tracking shows it's been sitting since Dec. 3rd - For what that's worth - As in maybe nothing

rdwarrior
12-10-2020, 05:17 PM
I have a package coming that took 6 days to get from Colorado to Indianapolis where it has been sitting for 4 days.

Omega
12-10-2020, 05:33 PM
I've done that before - Post Mistress told me there are 120+ tractor trailers full backed up at the Nashua, NH hub. That's where tracking shows it's been sitting since Dec. 3rd - For what that's worth - As in maybe nothing

Probably full of Biden ballots waiting to be delivered to whatever district needs the extra votes.

dangitgriff
12-10-2020, 05:47 PM
Someone posted a specific term recently to be used when trying to get the USPS to locate a package that is not moving - I have searched for that post and cannot find it. Anyone remember the term to use or know which thread it is in? Thanks for your help

I could teach you a few words you can’t use in church!

Outpost75
12-10-2020, 06:28 PM
I had two gun shipments via USPS Priority to my FFL dealer which were delayed. When items didn't show up after two weeks and USPS website search had no record of the tracking numbers or parcel location, I copied the email and sent to ATF to report Theft of Firearm From Interstate Shipment and cc'ed the Postal Inspection Service. I was notified of the package location and status two days later. Excuse was that it was routed to the wrong regional distribution center and that they wait for an accumulation of screwups before sending a truck backtracking cross country to the direction it should have gone in the first place.

Similarly I had two Midway small parcels sent initially via UPS, then transferred to USPS for local delivery. I put in loss claim after 30 days and Midway issued credits on my card. Both packages arrived about 40 days after shipping date and about 1 week after the credit appeared on my card statement.

FedEx doesn't seem to have this trouble.

marlin39a
12-10-2020, 07:15 PM
My 2 latest purchases on eBay have been lost by the USPS. Garbage service.

square butte
12-10-2020, 07:27 PM
Alright folks - I found it. Here is the protocol - If the package does not show any movement for 7 days, go to or call either the departure location or destination with the tracking # number and tell the agent that the parcel is "Looped" (use that specific term) - This from a postal employee. That will prompt a claim and a physical search at the location where the transit tracking stopped. I'll let you know how it turns out. Glad we all got another chance to vent a bit. Thanks everyone for your replies. I don't think there is a soul here that hasn't had issues with the USPS

Traffer
12-10-2020, 07:33 PM
I had two gun shipments via USPS Priority to my FFL dealer which were delayed. When items didn't show up after two weeks and USPS website search had no record of the tracking numbers or parcel location, I copied the email and sent to ATF to report Theft of Firearm From Interstate Shipment and cc'ed the Postal Inspection Service. I was notified of the package location and status two days later. Excuse was that it was routed to the wrong regional distribution center and that they wait for an accumulation of screwups before sending a truck backtracking cross country to the direction it should have gone in the first place.

Similarly I had two Midway small parcels sent initially via UPS, then transferred to USPS for local delivery. I put in loss claim after 30 days and Midway issued credits on my card. Both packages arrived about 40 days after shipping date and about 1 week after the credit appeared on my card statement.

FedEx doesn't seem to have this trouble.

Believe me This is intentional!

skeettx
12-10-2020, 07:47 PM
I have medicine in transit from Coppell Texas to Amarillo Texas since the 2nd of December

c0wb0y84
12-11-2020, 12:40 AM
Someone sent a package from Mobile, AL to Demopolis, AL which is 3.5 hrs away on DEC 2nd. On DEC 9th the package was checked in to a distribution facility in New York... [smilie=b:

bedbugbilly
12-11-2020, 10:41 AM
"Delivery Challenged"

"Delivery Confused"

"Delivery Misalignment"

All will be politically correct terms to use when dealing with the PO. Or you could just say - "Hey . . . you lost my package . . . where is it?".

More than likely, your package got dumped in a Postal Sorting Center somewhere so they could use their transports to move Biden Ballots.

kerplode
12-11-2020, 01:09 PM
I currently have 5 packages stuck somewhere in the USPS system. All were shipped during the week of thanksgiving, all are listed as "in transit" on tracking, and none have moved anywhere since Dec 1st.

But stuff that shipped USPS late last week or early this week all got where it was going on time.

Like was said above, I think there are huge backlogs of loaded trucks sitting at distribution hubs waiting to be sorted. Since the average postal employee can only manage an hour or two of actual work in an average day of sitting on *** and complaining about what isn't their job, they got backed up with early Christmas shipping and just decided to punt on the backlog and focus on the new stuff. I'm hopeful it'll all un-logjam in a couple weeks, but I suppose we'll see.

I ain't going to even bother checking on anything until after Christmas...

marlin39a
12-11-2020, 03:15 PM
The USPS did a great job delivering the fake Biden ballots.

fatnhappy
12-13-2020, 12:21 AM
Probably full of Biden ballots waiting to be delivered to whatever district needs the extra votes.

I’m uncertain the font color was warranted.