PDA

View Full Version : Any one else enter Classic Firearms giveaway

Phat Man Mike
12-09-2020, 10:59 PM
Well guys I've been entering their contest for a while now. I know don't judge me to bad. Who else enters the contest?

rancher1913
12-09-2020, 11:26 PM
only when its a 50 cal, want one bad and thats the only way I will ever get one. currently have about a thousand entries in the current give away.

MrWolf
12-10-2020, 07:11 AM
I used to but just got tired of it. Good luck

zarrinvz24
12-10-2020, 07:42 AM
I don't enter contests like that because I don't know what the information provided is going to be used for, and how it is going to be safeguarded over the long term. No judgement, but IMHO, a lot of people don't even consider this when submitting contest applications. The same logic is applied to the grocery store's discount card, one has to wonder: why is it that you want to know specifically what I purchase, tailored marketing of course, but what else can this be used for?

navyvet
12-10-2020, 07:48 AM
Have entered a few times. Most of the stuff I have no interest in and some of it I am not sure what it is. Plus I forget to check.

Wayne Smith
12-10-2020, 08:43 AM
I have not once seen a giveaway gun that I would go out to the street to pick up. Just no interest in those guns, so far.

Phat Man Mike
12-10-2020, 05:08 PM
Well to my surprise, this is the last one I'm going to enter. They've teamed up with some YouTube guy. And the shooting industry has enough black eyes. This young guy acts like a 2 year old. I'm done with them from now on

poppy42
12-10-2020, 06:32 PM
Every time i have entered a gun give away i wind up receiving a million useless emails! I quit entering threm a long time ago!

gpidaho
12-10-2020, 06:54 PM
I've yet to see anyone claim a victory. Another Email advertisement scam in my opinion. How can a dealer give away thousands of dollars in firearms weekly and stay in business? Gp

WebMonkey
12-10-2020, 09:11 PM
classic firearms has ALWAYS treated me well.

it's been awhile since my last dealings so they could have fallen off the cliff.

i used my c&r license there on a ton of stuff.
treated me well, answered emails, items as advertised etc.

just my experience with them, nothing more.

:)

gpidaho
12-10-2020, 09:19 PM
classic firearms has ALWAYS treated me well.

it's been awhile since my last dealings so they could have fallen off the cliff.

i used my c&r license there on a ton of stuff.
treated me well, answered emails, items as advertised etc.

just my experience with them, nothing more.

:) Classic Firearms has always treated me well also. I've bought several firearms and extras from them and have had quick delivery on orders. I recommend them to friends. I do get an extra Email or two from them daily but I like looking over the offerings anyway. I just don't enter the contests. Gp

Wild Bill 7
12-10-2020, 11:04 PM
They have treated me good also. Bought some 22’s a while back when they were on sale and a few other things. Shipping was fast and reasonable. I have entered some of the contests with a few entries but never expected to win and sure enough I haven’t. I do check them out almost daily cause they have a lot of stuff.
Wild Bill 7

P Flados
12-11-2020, 11:20 PM
Sometimes.

I stopped entering for stuff I really do not have much use for (308s, 50 cal)

I did go back and do the stuff you can do daily several times when I liked what I saw. The latest was the 45 ACP PCC and Python 357 combo.

I am certain I will never buy a Python. However, I would certainly not turn one down if someone wanted to give me one.

Phat Man Mike
12-12-2020, 12:26 AM
I have bought a few guns though them. Always quick shipping and fast replies to any questions. I will no longer enter their contest if they need to pair up with a person who acts like a 3 year old during a temper tantrum. Thats how I look at it.

flyingmonkey35
12-12-2020, 01:19 AM
I have stopped years ago signing up for any sort of drawing or giveaway.

They sell your info to the highest bidder.

If you wonder how and why you get spam calls that's a good reason for it.

The last gun show I went to I refused to sign up for the drawing and they stated they wouldn't let me in if I didn't as that was how they would contact me if thier was a covid break out.

I had a nice long chat with the the police and asked them to put it in writing.

They promptly backed down when the cops started asking questions.

I refuse to this day to put my name on a list saying I've been somewhere.

I'll wear a face diaper. But I reserve the right to remain anonymous.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lloyd Smale
12-13-2020, 07:18 AM
Every time i have entered a gun give away i wind up receiving a million useless emails! I quit entering threm a long time ago!

yup me too.

rancher1913
12-13-2020, 12:20 PM
one of their useless emails was about some 9mm hollow points that I was looking for to feed the wifes ccw, got it before it was gone due to a useless email. so to each his own, if the brief snapshot of what is in the email does not catch my eye it goes straight to the trash bin, not much effort involved.

abunaitoo
12-16-2020, 03:02 AM
In my whole life, I have never won anykind of giveaway.
Never won anything from a raffle.
Still haven't won on wheel of fortune. Had my number for over 10 years.
Only time I win anything at parties, is when everyone gets a prize.
Can't even win anything big in Vegas.
You'd think in all my years I would have won something at least once.
Never happened.
My sister wins all the time.
So grateful for good friends who give me stuff.

blackthorn
12-16-2020, 12:08 PM
"So grateful for good friends who give me stuff."

How is that not a win??

TheGrimReaper
12-16-2020, 12:20 PM
I used to but just got tired of it. Good luck

Same condition here

metricmonkeywrench
12-16-2020, 12:44 PM
i gave up, out of all the years i never actually met anyone that "won"

Springfield
12-16-2020, 12:55 PM
I was at my clubs annual shoot, and everybody who competed and was an NRA member received 1 raffle ticket for the grand prize, which was an Uberti Henry rifle. I really wanted it but my wife wouldn't let me buy anymore, as she doesn't like raffles, think they are a waste of money. Come time to cal the winning number, everybody but me has rolls of tickets, but my number won! My poor, lonely ticket got me the rifle. So I guess sometimes you just get lucky.

fcvan
12-16-2020, 03:03 PM
I only signed up for NRA and Ducks Unlimited things, never had my info shared by either of them. I've attended an NRA Annual Meeting, and DU dinners, never won anything. But, my wife has. She won a Remington 870 Express in 20 gauge at a DU dinner. She walked across the floor and handed me the shotgun and said 'Happy Valentine's Day' so I guess marrying her is what makes me a winner!