PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas not tracking HASMAT

Wayne Smith
12-08-2020, 08:36 PM
I recently ordered 2 lbs of HP38 from Cabelas to be delivered to my local Bass Pro shop. The 2 cans of Red ordered a week before came in within a week. A month later and nothing heard of the HP38 so I e-mailed Cabela's about the order. They responded that they did not have adequate tracking information to find the order! I found that amazing - HASMAT shipping from their warehouse to their store and no adequate tracking. The two cans of Red came in a FedEx marked box, so they use FedEx for shipping to the store.

clearwater
12-08-2020, 08:42 PM
I recently ordered 2 lbs of HP38 from Cabelas to be delivered to my local Bass Pro shop. The 2 cans of Red ordered a week before came in within a week. A month later and nothing heard of the HP38 so I e-mailed Cabela's about the order. They responded that they did not have adequate tracking information to find the order! I found that amazing - HASMAT shipping from their warehouse to their store and no adequate tracking. The two cans of Red came in a FedEx marked box, so they use FedEx for shipping to the store.

I bet they are out, like everywhere else. Also FedEx and Cabelas took about a month to get an on sale fleece hunting jacket to me back in September. Lots of shipping issues with USPS and UPS too since Covid started.

c0wb0y84
12-09-2020, 12:00 AM
I had a powder order from them that took 3-4 months to show up. When I ordered online it said the powder was available but when I called a couple weeks later and it still hadn’t shipped yet they said they were waiting on a delivery to come in. I waited for it because no one else would tell me if they could get the powder or not. But I was in no hurry and it finally showed up. This was last spring.

Wayne Smith
12-09-2020, 10:23 PM
No, mine was available and shipped. It just never arrived at the Hampton store.

c0wb0y84
12-10-2020, 12:43 AM
Well that is certainly odd. I don’t think I’ve ordered anything from anyone in the last year or two that didn’t come with tracking info. Maybe they had it on a truck they owned going from location to location instead of commercial transport.

Wayne Smith
12-16-2020, 09:02 AM
Cabela's had HP38 on their website when i called so they replaced the missing order. No e-mail confirmation but I checked the website and it said 'shipped'. Got a call yesterday from Bass Pro in Hampton and they said my order is in! Still no e-mail from Cabela's which they have always done to alert me to the delivery. Must be short handed due to COVID?

godzilla
12-16-2020, 09:10 AM
Could I ask what you like the hp-38 for? I picked up a couple pounds recently due to the price.

Hickok
12-16-2020, 09:50 AM
I am waiting on some items also that were to be shipped by UPS. I have a tracking number, but UPS say "not valid." This has been over 3 weeks.

Contacted the business/manufacturer and they stated, "Some of their carriers/shippers are experiencing tracking number problems and malfunctions due to high demand in this peak season. Be assured that if you received a tracking number, your package is on it's way to you."

I don't know if this means it is "en route" to me, or that they simply have it tagged with a UPS sticker and are waiting for UPS to pick it up.

After contacting the manufacturer and UPS numerous times, all I get is form letter replies, some sales personnel with a generic answer, or no answer at all.

I guess this COVID has everything backed up. Time will tell.

Wayne Smith
12-16-2020, 11:18 AM
Could I ask what you like the hp-38 for? I picked up a couple pounds recently due to the price.

I haven't used it yet, but with what I already have and these two pounds I think I am good for quick pistol powders for the rest of my life! That was my goal - 38 Special, 9mm, 32S&W, 32 Long, etc. including 25-20 and possibly 32-20.

shaune509
12-17-2020, 10:17 PM
Hickok, If you linked from sellers email to track, try using the # given and going to UPS tracking direct. This has worked for me on both UPS and Fedx shipment that did not link correctly. Gates and his minions DO make mistakes @ a rate of +80%.
Shaune509

fa38
12-19-2020, 09:59 AM
I use the HP38 aka Win 231 for my .38, mm, and .45 acp in handguns.
It is also one the most accurate powders I use in my Argie 1909 in 7x57 Mauser. The 7x57 load is a RCBS 7-145-Sil bullet with 9.1 grains of 231.