PDA

View Full Version : Lee 6 Cav Handles....fit other brands?

Fish_N_Russ
12-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Will lee 6 cav handles fit other brands of molds?? I see midway has them on sale :) thanks

jameslovesjammie
12-13-2008, 05:31 PM
In my experience, Lee handles will fit with no modification Lee 6 cavity, and Lyman single and double cavity. They will fit Saeco 2 and 4 cavity moulds if you enlarge the holes that the mould pins go through. They fit Lyman 4 cavity if you enlarge the holes AND grind the arms thinner. This is supposed to work for RCBS moulds as well, but I cannot confirm this as I don't have any RCBS moulds.

freedom475
12-13-2008, 06:26 PM
You have to thin the jaws just a little with a dremel for them to fit RCBS... I made sure and ground only the bottom of the jaws and relief enough that handles don't force the halves of the mold to twist.

VintageRifle
12-15-2008, 03:58 AM
Lee Handles will fit the RCBS moulds with a bit of thinning to the jaws.

Silly me thinned from the top. Not thinking that the mould halves rest on the top of the blocks and not the bottom. Will have to see if I can reverse the bolt in the handle. I have been getting some whiskers on my RCBS mould and this might be the reason. However, I am currently on the thought that I am casting with too hot an alloy and a hot mould. I have been able to eliminate the whiskers by casting cooler than I had been.