PDA

View Full Version : Mold question?

TrxR
12-04-2020, 10:06 PM
Is there such thing as a adjustable multiple cavity mold? Im thinking of casting cores to swage for 30cal bullets. So if ive researched right they would need to be .250 diameter. Will be looking at doing up some 112 to 118gr jacketed bullets.

Thanks

Mal Paso
12-05-2020, 09:37 AM
They do exist, I have seen pictures but I don't know about sources. I was just thinking how to make one from a blank set of blocks. Eric the HP mold guy might be able to do it.

It would be nice if there was no pin sticking out the bottom. Maybe a plug with tapped holes in the side at various heights for gross settings and a small vertical slot in the the side of the mold cavity for a screw to make fine adkustments. Like how the sliding pins are done on MP Molds and Eric's hollowpoint molds only a slot and screw.

Welcome to the forum!

Dsltech1
12-05-2020, 01:41 PM
Rce and Corbin make adjustable core molds. I believe they have to be mounted to a bench and ladle poured though.

Mal Paso
12-05-2020, 09:43 PM
Corbin makes them for $169 if I read the price list right. http://www.corbins.com/prcm-4.htm

gwpercle
12-05-2020, 10:43 PM
Corbin's is the best place to get one ... maybe the only place now . I didn't find any other maker .
Mal Paso's link (post #4) will take you right to them .

I see it's your first post ... Welcome to the forum !
Gary

TrxR
12-06-2020, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the replies and the welcome .

I see this forum has lots of information so i got lots of reading to do.