PDA

View Full Version : Jingle bells of .45

John McCorkle
12-04-2020, 04:10 PM
Our dog loves to chew her harness bells (we keep getting the little jingle bells with the captured ball you find at Christmas or in craft stores)

Give it a week and she's chewed it flat.

She's a little thing (cavalier king charles spaniel) in a house with 3 boys and a girl from ages 6 to 7mo...it's important we know where she is so 1)she isn't getting into trouble and 2) isn't at risk of being hurt by the 3 oldest boys.

Took some 45 acp brass that needed up in my bag after last week's range trip...drilled the primer hole and made a striker and mounting ring out of #12 copper romex wire I had laying around.

Works great. A bit tougher for her to clamp down on (though you can already see she is trying) bells aren't loud but just loud enough to know where in the house she is....the sound of beautiful brass (and two World Wars....lol)

We will see how these hold up, may alter the idea a bit but thought I'd share. Seems like I always get a few pieces of brass I don't shoot in my range bag so it'll be a cheap and fun way to put it to usehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201204/a1a9295304f698ab532b95134dc4667a.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

cwtebay
12-04-2020, 04:43 PM
I did the same except I put a #4 buckshot in a 30wcf case - used a dremel wheel to cut slots in the sides in 3 places, and crimped it closed. Works well!!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Bull-Moose
12-04-2020, 04:52 PM
Neat idea.

Texas by God
12-04-2020, 05:00 PM
If you want to know where our deer headed Chihuahua is- just say "who is it?" In a plain voice.....

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

John McCorkle
12-04-2020, 05:08 PM
I did the same except I put a #4 buckshot in a 30wcf case - used a dremel wheel to cut slots in the sides in 3 places, and crimped it closed. Works well!!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using TapatalkHey that's a good idea too

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

CastingFool
12-04-2020, 07:06 PM
I have made a few bullet key rings, and I have used a cotter pin through the primer hole, then bent the two ends out, so the pin can't slide out, then seat the bullet