PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Pull

Tatume
12-03-2020, 07:24 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm thinking of getting a Hammerli AP20 PRO Match Air Pistol so I can continue to practice during the ammo shortage. I have two questions.

1. Can the trigger be adjusted to around 2.5 pounds? I don't want to get used to a super light trigger.

2. What is an economical source of compressed gas to recharge the cylinder? I have a SCUBA tank but nowhere to have it hydro inspected or filled. I'm thinking of perhaps a welding gas, like argon or carbon dioxide.

Thank you.

Tom

rking22
12-03-2020, 07:52 PM
Can’t say about the pistol specific, but 500 gram is the ISSF minimum about 1.1 lbs. I suspect it would have that range but assuming and you know what that gets you. On the gas, if you can’t hydro the tank you could hand pump or buy one of the Amazon compressors for about 350$. As far as welding gas, I would try nitrogen as it’s probably cheaper and “air” is mostly nitrogen. There I go trusting memory again.

Winger Ed.
12-03-2020, 08:50 PM
I'd go with Nitrogen or CO2 from a welding supply place.
Argon would work, but its kind of expensive.

recumbent
12-04-2020, 07:09 AM
A floor pump, it wouldn't take much effort to pump up a pistol.
https://www.pyramydair.com/a/Accessories/PCP/Hand_pumps/83

Mal Paso
12-04-2020, 09:34 PM
Nitrogen is 3000 PSI, CO2 is 827 PSI. I think it cost me $35 to swap a small Nitrogen cylinder.

Tatume
12-05-2020, 09:08 AM
Thank you everyone. I have a SCUBA tank, but I have to drive half way across the state to have it filled, and I have to make the trip twice per fill (once to drop it off and again to pick it up). That's why I was looking at welding gasses. Now I find that I have to drive 45 miles each way to the nearest supplier of those gasses as well. In the end I decided to get a Sig Sauer Super Target ASP one-pump pneumatic pistol. It looks like a nice airgun, and the reviews have been good. I'm looking forward to it arriving.

Mal Paso
12-05-2020, 01:04 PM
Cool!

I own my Nitrogen Tank which means I bought into the pool of tanks. When I need a refill I just trade the empty for a full one so just one trip.

TCLouis
12-07-2020, 10:44 PM
MP
Are you using the nitrogen tank for PCP gas source?
Filling a PCP tank or direct to gun?
What do you use for a regulator?

mister gizmo
12-10-2020, 09:19 AM
I have this airgun. It's a compressed air ONLY piece, not CO-2 or other. I bought a new "small" pony tank from Amazon which I took to my local scuba shop. They did the safety test and put 3000+ psi in it.
Comes with a valve which takes the gun's air cylinder directly, Cylinder has a gauge so you can see how much air you've put into it. Pretty simple.
Good luck.

Mal Paso
12-12-2020, 12:11 PM
MP
Are you using the nitrogen tank for PCP gas source?
Filling a PCP tank or direct to gun?
What do you use for a regulator?

I charge surge suppressors on reciprocating pumps. Air is about 80% Nitrogen but pure Nitrogen is required for this. I use a Victor Regulator and high pressure hose I got from the welding supply when I bought the tank. Welding supplies are the defacto gas suppliers for a lot more than welding, they handle medical and industrial too.

Just make sure the regulator will cover the maximum pressure you use in your gun. Most regulators reduce pressure to near atmospheric levels and may not go high enough. I think they had to order mine.

I have a Springer.