PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Warranty

wv109323
12-01-2020, 06:37 PM
I did a search and did not find a answer.
The low primer indicator buzzer on my 550 broke. The plastic housing is used to clamp it to the primer tube. Over time the plastic broke.
Is the low primer indicator covered under their warranty?
I know motors and electronics are not covered but the low primer indicator I don't knom.

BUFFALOW RED
12-01-2020, 07:41 PM
Call them they have always been good as gold with me

WJP
12-01-2020, 08:53 PM
I had one do the same thing. I called and they said it wasn't covered. I did have a couple batteries blow in them and powder check alarms. Cleaned the terminals and installed new batteries and they still wouldn't work. Soaked the limit switches in white vinegar/salt for 10 mins, rinsed with hot water, blew them out and they now work just fine. Still might be worth calling anyways.

imashooter2
12-01-2020, 10:32 PM
I had the battery leak in one and they replaced it. I suppose it depends on the day and the hour.

JimB..
12-01-2020, 11:10 PM
I had batteries leak in a low primer alarm, 3 low powder alarms and something else. Sent them in, all came back with new guts. I started my call to them by asking to purchase the parts I needed. I suggest that you call, ask for tech support, get his/her help identifying the specific part you need, then ask what it costs.

downzero
12-01-2020, 11:49 PM
Never had a warranty claim denied by them yet in 16 years.

45DUDE
12-04-2020, 08:44 PM
I have had a 550b since they came out. I take a photo of my problem <not very often>and email. 85% of the time or more it is covered with free shipping. I don't even ask about warranty. These things are tough. I use mine about 4-5 hours a week average. I made a small rod to fit in the primer holder and marked it in the middle for 50 and bent it on the end so it bottoms out when it uses 100.