PDA

View Full Version : There are some mighty fine folks here.

Idaho45guy
11-30-2020, 12:28 AM
I posted a thread here lamenting that I couldn't find new .40 S&W cases online or locally, and had to buy 1000 range pick-up cases from an outfit in Iowa.

A gentleman on this forum messaged me and said he had a bunch of scrounged .40 S&W brass from area ranges and would never use it and didn't want to bother with selling it and seeing it re-sold for mark up.

Plus, he also had a bunch of .270 Win and 6.5 Creedmoor brass, along with some .44 Mag brass that I could have if I wanted it. Well, my dad and brother both shoot the other cartridges, so I could make sure it was going to be put to good use.

A week later, a large, heavy box arrived from Texas. Inside, were 4 large hand sewn bags made from military cloth. Inside each bag were sorted cases. Most were cleaned.

Turns out, the gentleman used to be a parachute rigger in the military and thought it would be fun to sew up some bags using military cot material.

I was just amazed!

I won't name the forum member since he probably would be embarrassed by the attention, but I couldn't resist at least letting people know that there are some amazingly generous folks on this forum. All he wanted in return for his generosity and effort was a signed copy of my book. I am humbled and my heart is full by his example. I will be loading up some rifle rounds for my dad and brother, who can't find ammo for their rifles anymore locally, in a feeble attempt to "pay it forward".

Hopefully will have time tomorrow to get a copy of my book in the mail to this fine gentleman, and hopefully he will flip through the pages and find some token payment for his generosity. ;)

trails4u
11-30-2020, 12:35 AM
Great place to hang out, isn't it! :)

slim1836
11-30-2020, 12:41 AM

Could not agree more.

Slim

tunnug
11-30-2020, 12:46 AM
Nice, yes lots of great folk here...........

Idaho45guy
11-30-2020, 01:26 AM

If only I could convince more of you guys of the virtues of polymer pistols, it would be great... :kidding:

trails4u
11-30-2020, 01:30 AM
If only I could convince more of you guys of the virtues of polymer pistols, it would be great... :kidding:

Well......spent some time in KY 'hunting' a week or so ago, and spent some time shooting some of those new-fangled plastic things. Hhhmmm…. According to 6" steel at 20yds, might be something to it. :P

Idaho45guy
11-30-2020, 01:50 AM
Well......spent some time in KY 'hunting' a week or so ago, and spent some time shooting some of those new-fangled plastic things. Hhhmmm…. According to 6" steel at 20yds, might be something to it. :P

Winger Ed.
11-30-2020, 03:11 AM
Way cool.
Looks like even the post office couldn't bust open and scatter everything in those!

I remember that cloth from when I was in.
Seemed like every storage bag, weather shield, and equipment cover in the hanger was made out of it.
I learned early on that whatever stray thread was hanging loose- leave it, or burn it off with a lighter.
It'd cut into your finger before it broke.

Bazoo
11-30-2020, 04:21 AM
Mighty nice of him. I've had nice things similarly happen here. I am always on the lookout for a need I can fill in return. Shame that there are so many that money is the driving force in this world.

2A-Jay
11-30-2020, 05:06 AM
I am in and out here several times a day. Cast Boolits was recommended to me a couple of members of another Firearms Forum. I come in here to read new posts every day Some times I will see the Generosity of members here and the respect others treat other members with. Some Day I might find something offered for sale or trade that I could use. I mostly come in because I can always see the way people interact and help each other whether it be with advice, Humor or a PIF.

MrWolf
11-30-2020, 07:18 AM
Bunch of good folk here.

quilbilly
11-30-2020, 02:59 PM
I would love to have a poster of Darth and the cookies to post on my front door!! Never mind. Found it.

Gtrubicon
11-30-2020, 10:15 PM
It’s great to see first hand, or second in this case that we are surrounded by great people!

Big Boomer
11-30-2020, 10:33 PM
Have not been disappointed by a member of this forum with whom I have dealt. Highly opinionated for the most part, but the most honest, generous and charitable group you will find. Call it responsible. Big Boomer

Texas by God
11-30-2020, 10:58 PM
Advice, tips, parts, knowledge, and prayers given out daily here in quantity. I’m glad to be here amongst you folks.

Idaho45guy
12-01-2020, 06:38 AM
Was able to get my book in the mail today to the fine gentleman from Texas. Expected December 7th. Pearl Harbor Day. I told he Postmaster about why I was sending the book and he said he remembered leaving that heavy package in my PO box last week. He said there are some good folks down in Texas, and I couldn't help but agree.

Three44s
12-01-2020, 10:28 AM
I have a similar experience recently. Several members stepped up with thoughtful advice that was well appreciated and some direct assistance.

Then out of the blue, one member dropped a huge advancement to my cause. I could not believe his contribution.

If and when it’s alright to mention the members name I will write more about it.

VIVA cast Boolits!

Three44s

slim1836
12-01-2020, 03:04 PM
There's still room left in Texas for y'all if you wanna check us out.

Slim