PDA

View Full Version : Hoarding Strikes Again!!!

Doughty
11-20-2020, 12:59 PM
Went to my local sources today and learned that there were no lube grooves to be found. I immediately thought of Waksupi, but learned he is apparently occupied cutting up meat. What to do? What to do?

JoeG52
11-20-2020, 01:46 PM
I have a spare bucket of lube grooves in the basement. I can email them to you if you would like. :D

tdoor4570
11-20-2020, 02:05 PM
I would help you out with lube grooves BUT found that I have to save what I got for my Asperly aimless, it won't shoot with out them.

redhawk0
11-20-2020, 03:51 PM
I found a huge stockpile of lube grooves at my local AutoZone store. They were right next to a large shelf of blinker fluid. :razz:

redhawk

MT Gianni
11-20-2020, 03:57 PM
The ones I had hoarded were sucked up when the black helicopters hovered up for too long a time. Next set is going under concrete.

Brass&Lead
11-20-2020, 04:00 PM
Sorry I can’t help you out on the lube grooves, but I do have a large stock of assorted size holes. You may be able to use them in a pinch.

Doughty
11-20-2020, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the help with the lube grooves. A kind benefactor has traded me some for some primer pockets I had laid a way. Dang hoarders!

Speakin' of the Asperly Aimless, I have two; an old original "Gentleman's Kitchen Model" and a new "Tacticool Model." I am wondering if anyone has done any tests with using powder coated boolits in the "Gentleman's Kitchen Model"? I thought of this when I realized I was almost out of lube grooves. Might be useful to know if the hoarding continues. I use only carbide plated tungsten in the "Tacticool."

Froogal
11-20-2020, 05:14 PM
Sorry I can’t help you out on the lube grooves, but I do have a large stock of assorted size holes. You may be able to use them in a pinch.

Got any post holes for sale?

tdoor4570
11-20-2020, 06:02 PM
Doughty can't help you out on your two Asperly aimless rifles I have the 30 lightspeed shoulder buster heavy rifle . It takes 5 lube grooves per round.

Minerat
11-20-2020, 07:04 PM
I was going to ask are post holes being hoarded too! If so we are in a world if hurt.

fixit
11-20-2020, 07:09 PM
No lube grooves, but I did see a fresh batch of canooter valves at the local 5 and dime!

edp2k
11-20-2020, 07:15 PM
Speakin' of the Asperly Aimless, I have two; an old original "Gentleman's Kitchen Model" ...

Is this an advanced version of their Garden Gun?
Meant for shooting sabertooth cockroaches before they run back under the fridge when the kitchen light goes on?
If so, it must have their new thermal+low-light heads-up display scope.

AlHunt
11-20-2020, 07:20 PM
I found a huge stockpile of lube grooves at my local AutoZone store. They were right next to a large shelf of blinker fluid. :razz:

Blinker Fluid, huh? We recently acquired a big diesel truck that uses ... Exhaust Fluid. I'd never heard of it but it's diluted urea (pee?) injected into the exhaust stream.

So, stop for fuel, top up the exhaust fluid, grease the muffler bearing and away you go.

So blinker fluid probably isn't far off.

slim1836
11-20-2020, 07:27 PM
I have some sailboat fuel I might be willing to trade for anything. Got an old pipe stretcher and smoke sifter laying around too that I may trade.

Slim

DickelDawg
11-20-2020, 07:27 PM
Yep. Like the other feller said, I found some lube grooves in the local auto store. Right next to the muffler belts. I told them they probably wouldn't sell to good unless they put them over by the blinker fluid.

foesgth
11-20-2020, 08:06 PM
I have some sailboat fuel I might be willing to trade for anything. Got an old pipe stretcher and smoke sifter laying around too that I may trade.

Slim

Every time I have sailboat fuel my bride says, "No more baked beans for you!". I got by the lube groove problem by paper patching. But, I use Charmin now I can't get that!

GrizzLeeBear
11-20-2020, 09:24 PM
When are you guys going to learn. I have been stockpiling lube grooves for 30 years (and no, they aren't for sale). I keep them under my casting bench right next to my rebar stretcher and left handed smoke bender.

MrWolf
11-20-2020, 09:45 PM
Got any post holes for sale?

Got a sky hook I can trade.

Winger Ed.
11-20-2020, 09:50 PM
Went to my local sources today and learned that there were no lube grooves to be found.

Of course they have them.

They're just saving them in the back, and only selling 'em to their buddies.

Doughty
11-21-2020, 12:22 AM
So, nobody 's done anything with the powder coat. At least that they'll admit to. We'll I guess I'll just stick with the lube grooves, now that I've got some. Now you guys quit bothering me. I've got to go sew some primer pockets on my powder coat.

David2011
11-21-2020, 02:18 AM

Slim

My sailboat used diesel but it’s cheap and plentiful now.

SweetMk
11-21-2020, 02:54 AM
I was going to ask are post holes being hoarded too! If so we are in a world if hurt.

I keep the post holes in the ammo boxes shown in this picture,,

https://i.imgur.com/UD0FLiY.jpg

Anyone that can guess how many nails were used in the construction of the frame of this shed I built back in 1999,,
will get a free one weeks supply of post holes,,

(hint, the shed is 57X45 feet, and 22 feet high.)

bedbugbilly
11-21-2020, 10:29 AM
IF . . . and that's a pretty bit IF . . . you find any lube grooves, you'd better snatch them up. I heard the other day that once Biden gets in office, the far left faction wants to put a pretty hefty tax on all lube grooves . . . they don't find them "conducive" to their New Green Deal. Heard they plan the same for anyone buying kanooten valves and left handed pencils.

45workhorse
11-21-2020, 11:21 AM
Can you mail lube groves?
I have both kinds, left hand twist, and right hand twist.
Might be willing to trade, let me think about what I need........

Doughty
11-21-2020, 11:46 AM
Okay, got the pockets on. A few updates now.
Still nothing on powder coats on boolits, however it is amazing what does crawl out from under the concrete when a subject such as this is broached.
A lady from a neighboring "free area" PMed me that the idea of powdering her coat was ridiculous, however, she had found that skiving down muffler belts worked very well for wrapping boolits, with the cravat that the boolits must be 147% pure. She said that she had a horde(?) of such belts, but that I mustn't tell anyone.
Another, apparently from the same area, said that he used condensed (or was it diluted) sailboat fuel to power his Asperly. He too recommended the soon to be hoarded "baked beans" as the best type.
And, again speaking of the Asperly Aimless, the "Gentleman's Kitchen Model" is NOT a version of the "Garden Gun" (really?). The "Garden Gun" is used while shooting IN a garden. The "Gentleman's Kitchen Model" is for shooting INTO a kitchen. I do have the "thermal+low-light heads-up display scope" on my Tacticool. Curious how you came to know about this supposedly secret (and now, soon to be hoarded) scope. I suggest you watch your back!
And, the old "how many nails" question. A trick question I suspect. Around here, we don't use nails to construct a construction of that sort. We use straight fluted knuckle screws. Additionally, you sly dog, we don't store post holes in ammo boxes. We store ammo in post holes.
Well, enough of this cabin fever madness. I'm off to go hunting with my wife and her brand new pink camo Savage 110 in .308 Win. And no, there won't be any pictures. Her rules, not mine.

waksupi
11-21-2020, 11:59 AM
Go home, Cast Boolits, you're drunk!

flyingmonkey35
11-21-2020, 12:25 PM
Sorry I just have a couple boxes of chem light batteries left.

And I'm only down to 1 box of grid squares.

However I did see a sale at the local part store on muffler ball bearings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GL49
11-21-2020, 05:09 PM
I found some cheap, small caliber, after-market lube grooves several years ago, but they've lost their elasticity over time and slip right back off. I'd part with a few but you'd be disappointed, they're getting so brittle I'd be afraid they would shatter if I put them in the mail. You'd end up with just the foam pellets I'd use for packaging after the grooves deflate, or whatever they do. I can still use mine with my 54 cal muzzleloader, they work, but you have to glue them in place.

I've learned my lesson about trying to save a few bucks.

kootne
11-21-2020, 05:23 PM
Regarding the post holes, they are always in short supply. I can't figger that one out. Post hole manufacturing is the only employment opportunity around here with openings starting at the top.

tdoor4570
11-22-2020, 10:56 AM
Wife drug me to an estate sale yesterday , while she was going through the sewing stuff I wandered out to an old shed in the back of the yard. Found a whole stack of post holes and three 5 gal buckets of lube grooves. chased down the person running the sale asked what they wanted for the whole mess? got the whole thing for 5 dollars. found out she also had 100 rds. of brass for my 30 lightspeed got that for no cost just haul it off. not going to give up on estate sales for now.

Brass&Lead
11-22-2020, 11:00 AM
I got a batch, but they were defective – only 6” deep. Tell me who would ship out post holes that are just 6” deep? I will ship you all I have if you can use them.

jonp
11-22-2020, 11:07 AM
I ran across a large quantity on the GSA Auction site and the price was very good but I had no idea what I was going to do with 100,000 or how to transport them so passed.

Three44s
11-22-2020, 11:12 AM
I have a gross of lube grooves and will only trade for a large package of TP and a gallon of prop wash.

Three44s

MUSTANG
11-22-2020, 01:10 PM
I have a gross of lube grooves and will only trade for a large package of TP and a gallon of prop wash.

Three44s

I have TWO underground storage vaults of slightly used TP and can manufacture some prop wash - how many lube grooves can I get for that?

JSnover
11-22-2020, 02:57 PM
I bought several cases of bolt holes (standard and metric!) at an estate sale. All I do now is find a size that's close enough and cut them to length.

flyingmonkey35
11-22-2020, 08:38 PM
Anyone have a box of extra fine muzzle blast?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Brass&Lead
11-23-2020, 01:13 PM
I have 1760 yards of surplus flight line in good condition, 3 left-handed adjustable metric wrenches, and a bucket of steam. I will trade for tubs of elbow grease.

kevin c
11-24-2020, 05:38 AM
I use elbow grease as a base for boolit lube, but it also works great as a flux.

I used to add sawdust too, mostly knotty pine. Hard to find now: all I can get is not pine with not holes.

45workhorse
11-24-2020, 07:58 AM
"Just located NOS 100 pound sack of feathers for machine gun nest"! Genuine dodo feathers!

jimlj
11-24-2020, 05:18 PM
I read somewhere that sperving couplers would work in the place of lube groves. Last time I went to town they had cases of them.
If you sewed your primer pockets ON your powder coat you did it wrong. They go inside.
Now if I can figure out where I left my disgrawnifier.

Winger Ed.
11-24-2020, 05:24 PM
Now if I can figure out where I left my disgrawnifier.

Check for it on the gonkulater shelf.

Texas Gun
11-24-2020, 05:37 PM
All of my powder coat Blue away so I have to go back to using lube grooves I have a good stock of them saved up but now I need some goose Grease To mix with my blinker fluid 🤔

Wisest.fool
11-24-2020, 05:48 PM
Dont forget your chemlight batteries.

Texas by God
11-25-2020, 01:53 AM
I'm light on foot pounds and voot bushings lately but my sectional density is charming.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

tdoor4570
11-25-2020, 11:37 AM
I got a batch, but they were defective – only 6” deep. Tell me who would ship out post holes that are just 6” deep? I will ship you all I have if you can use them.

Brass&lead they are not defective, they are military surplus holes for anti-personal mines.. Saved the GI's a lot of time not having to dig each hole, just pitch them out ,put mine in and cover them up. those are rare and hard to find.

jimlj
11-25-2020, 05:48 PM
There have been several posts about blinker fluid like it is some kind of joke. Don't use the new EPA approved blinker fluid designed to protect the endangered luftenloper. Systems designed after 2015 are compatible with the new fluid. You will break the frammis in anything built prior to 2015. Ask me how I know.

If you still require the old blinker fluid I'd buy all you can get your hands on. There will be a shortage as more frammis' are broken.

JSnover
11-26-2020, 09:20 AM
There have been several posts about blinker fluid like it is some kind of joke. Don't use the new EPA approved blinker fluid designed to protect the endangered luftenloper. Systems designed after 2015 are compatible with the new fluid. You will break the frammis in anything built prior to 2015. Ask me how I know.

If you still require the old blinker fluid I'd buy all you can get your hands on. There will be a shortage as more frammis' are broken.
And do NOT get that stuff in your eyes! You won't be able to sleep for three days for all the blinking.

jakharath
11-26-2020, 09:48 AM
Thanks! Y'all made my morning!

lightman
11-26-2020, 11:32 AM
Went to my local sources today and learned that there were no lube grooves to be found. I immediately thought of Waksupi, but learned he is apparently occupied cutting up meat. What to do? What to do?

Well dang! Thats the one thing that I'm short on! :cry: Thankfully I can make some but theres nothing like store-bought ones.

SweetMk
11-26-2020, 11:55 AM
. Ask me how I know.
There will be a shortage as more frammis' are broken.

I can live with that,, as long as they do not break the henway,,

Mr_Sheesh
11-30-2020, 02:24 AM
How many loob grooves per gallon of dehydrated water is the going rate nowadays, anyone know?

Winger Ed.
11-30-2020, 02:53 AM
How many loob grooves per gallon of dehydrated water is the going rate nowadays, anyone know?

Considering all the variables there are in lube grooves, and the atmospheric influences on the density of the dehydrated water--
That's going to be a tough one.

We may need a govt. grant to properly research this.

Brass&Lead
11-30-2020, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the help identifying them. I can see where in hard clay or rocky ground they’d be a real back saver. Learn something new every day.

farmbif
11-30-2020, 01:42 PM
I'd be willing to trade a left handed monkey wrench and a board stretcher for big box of those lube grooves as long as they are not sized yet

Dapaki
12-01-2020, 11:29 PM
A little off track but I have a 500 foot reel of flight line and a bucket of portable tie-down anchors I would like to trade for an Aluminum magnet and a left handed hammer...

45workhorse
12-02-2020, 11:53 PM
That dehydrated water, is it salt or fresh water. I bought some not knowing there was a difference, it was all dehydrated salt water

Kosh75287
12-03-2020, 12:13 AM
I keep MY lube grooves HIDDEN! RIGHT under my #2 Washtub full of metric crescent wrenches!

robg
12-03-2020, 09:00 AM
got some tartan paint and a long weight in stock.

Winger Ed.
12-03-2020, 10:43 PM
Went to my local sources today and learned that there were no lube grooves to be found.

This isn't new. They've always been hard to find.
I tried offering to trade my favorite clay pigeon recipe for a few dozen of them once..... no takers.

I even offered to include my secret method of humanely killing them and making sure they were really dead.
(That eliminates their annoying scream when they go into the deep fryer.)

shooterg
12-04-2020, 11:48 AM

Obviously modular assembles , easier to ship, snap together as needed to obtain desired depth.