PDA

View Full Version : To All

white eagle
11-20-2020, 12:32 PM
Who are starting to hunt or seasoned hunters
this is our opening firearms deer season so a hearty
best of luck to all and to safely come home :-)

sigep1764
11-20-2020, 12:42 PM
Have fun up there, good luck, and stay warm!

Rick R
11-20-2020, 01:48 PM
Have fun! Good Luck! Be safe!

Always try to take a young person hunting. Someone has to drag your deer outta the woods. ;)

Our gun season starts on Monday.

SSGOldfart
11-20-2020, 01:53 PM
Who are starting to hunt or seasoned hunters
this is our opening firearms deer season so a hearty
best of luck to all and to safely come home :-)

Good Luck hope you do well. Enjoy your time in the field/woods[smilie=s:

versa-06
11-20-2020, 06:26 PM
Thanks Guys! I think everyone felt that white eagle, & Back Atcha!

Winger Ed.
11-20-2020, 06:33 PM
Good luck, and don't eat the yellow snow.

RU shooter
11-21-2020, 12:37 AM
Good luck to all ours starts sat after turkey day

lar45
11-21-2020, 10:02 AM
I saw 3 bucks yesterday, but they were all too small to shoot. At least they were fun to watch.

dverna
11-21-2020, 10:22 AM
Our season started Nov 15th and our herd seems way down. I have seen the same two does and two fawns for a few days but will not shoot a doe with a fawn. Still lots of time to harvest a barren doe or decent buck (8 pt or better).

Activity is down. We typically get more shots on opening day than we have had do date (4 days). I hope it stays that way so fewer downstaters make the trip next year.

I feel "safe" with the locals hunting. One bad aspect of being next to state land, is we get some idiots every year. Have had some No Trespassing signs ripped down by the ********. I am a member of the deer camp next to me. They are pulling out today and once I get my deer, it is time for target practice on the rifle range off my pack porch. That works better than signs and makes the area around me less attractive next year for the "violators". I back onto 4000+ acres of state land and they can still hunt...but not on top of me.

waksupi
11-21-2020, 11:45 AM
Our season started Nov 15th and our herd seems way down. I have seen the same two does and two fawns for a few days but will not shoot a doe with a fawn. Still lots of time to harvest a barren doe or decent buck (8 pt or better).

Activity is down. We typically get more shots on opening day than we have had do date (4 days). I hope it stays that way so fewer downstaters make the trip next year.

I feel "safe" with the locals hunting. One bad aspect of being next to state land, is we get some idiots every year. Have had some No Trespassing signs ripped down by the ********. I am a member of the deer camp next to me. They are pulling out today and once I get my deer, it is time for target practice on the rifle range off my pack porch. That works better than signs and makes the area around me less attractive next year for the "violators". I back onto 4000+ acres of state land and they can still hunt...but not on top of me.

I've always disliked shooting a doe with a fawn at side. However, they will be kicking the fawn loose to wean within days, as the natural cycle will put the does into breeding reception. The fawns will stay pretty much separated from the does for several weeks before they start grouping back together for winter.

My favorite way of getting a buck for years, had been to find a doe by themself, that had kicked the fawns loose. You can tell they are in heat if they are carrying their tail slightly to the side. Follow her, and it won't take long for a buck to come along.

skeettx
11-21-2020, 12:48 PM
Hey, Hey, It's a jungle out there, be safe :)

Eddie Southgate
11-21-2020, 02:40 PM
Good Luck ! Our gun season started today . Youngest son killed an 8 point about 5 minutes after he got out of the truck . Unfortunately it was dragging a rear leg from what was probably an arrow wound and was seriously rotten smelling .

Hickok
11-21-2020, 06:14 PM
Hope you all get a nice buck, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

444ttd
11-21-2020, 07:27 PM
good luck, have a good time and be safe!!!!

Tom_in_AZ
11-22-2020, 06:09 AM
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk