PDA

View Full Version : Brush Gun at Moving Target

Win94ae
11-18-2020, 03:07 PM
I've broke out my moving target in preparation for deer season. Yesterday I was shooting the target trigger, but with the component shortage, I figured I better make a different trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRCVhNxaQxA

Yesterday I was aiming a bit less forward than I was today, and was hitting a bit on the rear of the 13 inch opening. today I aimed about 6 inches in front of the tire.

I'll practice this, and stationary targets until deer season, which is 11 days away!

This is my brush gun, a short, light, quick handling rifle; for when I walk around the woods kicking up deer bedded down in thick brush. When I am still hunting and whatnot, I'll use the CVA 45-70; it is much more precise, and packs a more of a punch!

slim1836
11-18-2020, 03:21 PM
Looks like fun, you should be ready for deer season.

Slim

Win94ae
11-18-2020, 03:23 PM
Looks like fun, you should be ready for deer season.

Slim

It is fun! Very satisfying when I hear that hit! :)

ChristopherO
11-18-2020, 04:32 PM
I've done that in years past with my traditional muzzleloader. It is a good, fun way to practice hitting moving targets. The two tires together is much better than the one I employed. Have a successful der season.

Goofy
11-18-2020, 04:57 PM
Interesting that is. We don’t have hills to pursue such things here in Floriduh. We generally don’t get to shoot that far either. Lead a walking buck about 1/2” and you’re good. :mrgreen:

Win94ae
11-18-2020, 05:31 PM
I've done that in years past with my traditional muzzleloader. It is a good, fun way to practice hitting moving targets. The two tires together is much better than the one I employed. Have a successful der season.

I used to use one tire with cardboard instead of the steel, but I had to use 2 tires when I got the steel, to keep the tire rolling straight. :p
Thank you!

Win94ae
11-18-2020, 05:34 PM
Interesting that is. We don’t have hills to pursue such things here in Floriduh. We generally don’t get to shoot that far either. Lead a walking buck about 1/2” and you’re good. :mrgreen:

I also use a pendulum for 300 yards; that would work well for the flat terrain too.
Thanks!