PDA

View Full Version : Lee resizing kit compatible with lee bullet feeder?

DocFranco
11-14-2020, 08:57 PM
I want to use the lee app press to resize powder coated boolits.

But, I'm wondering, is there a resizer die that is compatible with the lee bullet feeder kit?

I don't want to buy the press if I don't have to.

Rcmaveric
11-15-2020, 02:25 AM
My loadmaster feeds powder coated bullets fine.

Seen a few single stage Lee presses with the Lee bullet feeder on it to size cast.

Pretty sure the that was the whole point of the Lee APP press bullet feeder was to size cast bullets.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

charlie b
11-15-2020, 03:56 PM
I guess I don't understand the question.

Yes, the whole point of the APP was to size cast bullets fast. It has a bullet feeder that works for cast.

For dies you just use the size you want. If you want a custom size Lee will make it for you.

If you want to know if you need a different size for powder coated vs lubed cast then the answer is no. Use the same size for both.

joebaja
11-17-2020, 01:07 AM
I am a little disappointed in myself for not having the idea to try the Lee bullet feed rig with the sizing die/punch combo. But the way my projects go I would have spent twice as much trying to build adapters and such to make it go. I can say that the Lee APP is pretty slick, so I don't at all regret the purchase. The fact that it is a 90 second changeover to go from sizing bullets to punching primers is pretty compelling, and once you get into a rhythm, it can do a ton of either in a hurry.