PDA

View Full Version : I recieved a new book today on Rolling Block rifles.

koger
11-11-2020, 10:09 PM
Just received this book and have dove headfirst into it. The title is" The all new collectors guide to Remington Rolling block Military rifles of the world. This is one of the greatest sources I have seen on the Remington rifles. I had to stop reading it due to information overload. I got it off Amazon, used but like new for $24, some of the best money I have spent in a while. It is amazing the info in this volume, and the author in his travels abroad had bought several models and had them sent back, some of which are very very rare. Well just thought I would share this one the forum to anyone who might be interested.

Jedman
11-11-2020, 11:47 PM
Interesting, I just ordered 2 used books about old single shot rifles by James Grant the other day.
I may look for the one you have on Rem. rolling blocks too !

Jedman

koger
11-12-2020, 11:31 AM
Jedman what are the titles you got.

marlinman93
11-12-2020, 11:45 AM
Since I'm not much into military Rolling Blocks, I got Roy Marcot's book on the Remington Rolling Block Sporting rifles. It covers all the sporting models of various frame sizes, and is a very good book for those collecting the civilian versions.

ndnchf
11-12-2020, 12:57 PM
That book by George Layman and the Marcot's sporting rifle book are the best resources out there. Every rolling block fan should have both on the shelf.

koger
11-12-2020, 08:31 PM
Thanks guys.

Jedman
11-12-2020, 11:20 PM
Jedman what are the titles you got.
More single shot rifles and Single shot rifles 4 th print 1964. that’s all I know by the titles. Still haven’t received them yet.

Jedman

BFJ
11-14-2020, 10:07 AM
I have the first three of J J Grant books. Full of information. He was a shooter not just collectors.