PDA

View Full Version : Discussion of my daughters taste in friends who are boys. I'm impressed.

frkelly74
11-08-2020, 04:39 PM
Our daughter has a friend and brought him home to have dinner and go to Church with us and he seems great so far. Actually we have known him since he was a year old and we know his parents . So, this boy is working , he has a 45, 1911, He speaks in complete sentences , he is kind to our daughter., he goes to the same church we do , And he just bought a walther 380 pistol and brought it to show it to me. It is seemingly a gem, but I have not shot it yet. He was able to get some small amount of ammo but it was expensive. So I have posted a wanted item add but did not want to put too much discussion in that add and this post is not intended to post a need for an item. Hopefully this will be in compliance with forum rules. So I will not mention the items specifically that I stated I was looking for. I have gone through my boxes and found about 30 rounds of random 380 ammo in ones and twos of a kind but would like to get him some ammo capability that is not so dependent on the political winds blowing at any particular time. I think I may be able to convert him to a reloader.

Joe504
11-08-2020, 04:52 PM
Do you have any .380 dies?
I might be able to scrounge up some primed 380 cases

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Petrol & Powder
11-08-2020, 06:21 PM
The component situation will improve with time.

Hopefully you or that young man will be able to pick up some factory ammo in the near future. That will provide a small supply of casings after it is shot.

Der Gebirgsjager
11-08-2020, 07:03 PM
Gee...sounds like a potential son-in-law.....? :-D

RKJ
11-08-2020, 09:12 PM
frkelly74, If you need brass, I've got a gallon ziploc bag about 2/3 full. Let me know. I could send it your way for postage. I had a Ruger LCP sometime ago and didn't really warm up to the .380 I believe the little LEE 105 SWC would work well in that gun, it shot good in my 9mm's. I probably have some of those made up and PC'd too.

Adam20
11-08-2020, 10:50 PM
i was at sheridan arms last week they had lots of pistol ammo, i do not know what the prices were i did not look.