PDA

View Full Version : Dollar well spent?

captn-tin
11-06-2020, 09:11 PM
Just got back from closing up the cabin for the winter. While up there, Portola Ca, I stopped in at the local thrift store and found, to my surprise a 1964 Handloader's Digest . Lotsa fun to browse thru and reminisce. I was only a year out of high school and was being taught reloading by my neighbor, who was on the Navy pistol team. Fun to compare todays prices to 1964 prices too. Cost of book then $2.95. I got it for a buck. Scale of 1-10 condition wise a good 8.

rking22
11-06-2020, 09:14 PM
I love those old Handloader Digests, and the Gun Digest from those days too! Nice score, I have to remind myself what a days wage was then to keep from sticker shock.

Buckshot
11-16-2020, 10:30 PM
.................Ya have to remember that coinage was silver back then, and money was worth something. The only reason people accept it for payment these days is they believe the next person will also take it as payment, even though it's practically worthless.

...............Buckshot

relics6165
01-19-2021, 09:37 PM
Now that powder is essentially unavailable, anybody with an old stash is dusting the stuff off, and if it's still good, using it. Amazing how a vintage reloading manual with obsolete loads of forgotten powder is all of a sudden useful (and valuable) again! Now if I could just find some data on Alcan AL-101...