PDA

View Full Version : lubamatic

canon6
12-27-2005, 09:26 PM
I just picked up a used lubamatic and need instructions,I know I can get them from RCBS in the am, I am just being a bit anal any help would be appreciated Doug

Buckshot
12-30-2005, 05:09 AM
..............Hey Doug! What do ya wanna know? Did you get the destructions?

....................Buckshot

njmj
12-30-2005, 09:51 AM
Canon6,
If this is your first luber you have been spoiled from the beginning. You have not payed your dues by perservering with the old Lyman 45 and 450 and having to pay through the nose for a Saeco sizer die. I am saddened by all the valuable experience you have missed and at the same time envious for all the frustration you have avoided. Happy New Year, Marshall

StarMetal
12-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Take your sizing die and place the nut over the top (the end with the O-ring) and place in the hole for it in the luber/sizer. Then tighten it down with the supplied wrench, but not overly tight. Now screw the reservoir threaded shaft clockwise to bring the O-ringed piston up out of the cylinder. You might first want to take that little top cover off first. Put in your desired lube, replace the piston, and screw it down counterclockwise. Now take the appropiate nose punch and put a dab of lube on the stem that goes into the ram. Place it in the ram. Alot of use don't anchor it with that set screw in the ram because it doesn't let it free float to center the bullet. If they did the machine work dead on, then you could, but why take the chance. Make sure the anchor screw isn't sticking out to jam the ram if you opt to go this route. Okay now crank the reservoir down to get some resistance. Place the bullet to be sized in the openning of the sizer die. This is where you will have to adjust the depth control, which is the threaded sleeve with the jam nut on the bottom of the luber/sizer. This is a trial and error to you get all the grooves filled that you want filled. Now lower the ram forcing the bullet into the die, give the reservoir lever a crank, then raise the ram and see if the lube grooves are filled evenly all the way around the bullet. If not you need alittle more pressure on the reservoir. With some bullets you can maybe size and lube two or more bullets before having to crank up somemore pressure. Once you get the swing of it, it will be easy.

Joe

canon6
01-02-2006, 10:27 PM
thanks to all of you for the information,and I have been spoiled since 1975 when I stopped shooting cast ,and went to jackets,a long time to let my memory guide me. Doug

donald duck
11-17-2011, 09:23 PM
I think I went on line to RCBS and printed out the directions. Check out their web site. Good Luck!!