View Full Version : bucks are lookin

white eagle
11-03-2020, 01:49 PM
Just got back from a 2 day deer hunt
yesterday rattled in a basket rack 8 pt at first light
man he was looking everywhere for the scuffle
then about a hour later I rattled in a spike buck he to was looking
then in the after noon at 2:00 I was standing up looking around
and I turned to sit back down and there is a real nice buck standing watching me
not 15 yds from my arrow naturally my bow was hanging on a hook and not in my hand
spooked but didn't run just made a big circle
then this morning at 8:06 I see an enormous buck swear the brow tines were 12" with claws
and he had a massive thick rack Biggest deer I have ever seen and this is my 50th year hunting
he gets to within 10 yds no clue I am there till I try to stop him and he stops dead stride in his tracks
and looks at me then makes two hops and stops to think about what he saw and just walks into my sunset [smilie=b:
never had I seen a deer stop like that
I think I have a pic of him on my trail camera cause he came down the trail I have it on
back to watch the election and then back at it[smilie=6:
that deer is why my 45-70 with cast boolit is heading into the deer woods in the firearms season

Midohhntr
11-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Those bigin's have a way of humbling us for sure..

fastdadio
11-03-2020, 05:58 PM
Those bigin's have a way of humbling us for sure..

They don't get to be big by being stoopid... They all seem to be smarter than me.

KinZa_Soul
11-11-2020, 10:38 AM
I feel pity :(

white eagle
11-13-2020, 04:16 PM
So far I have let 4-5 different bucks walk by me hoping I would see either of these 2 bucks again
I did get a glimpse of a real nice buck in a field about 140 yards out of bow range,not sure if it was either of these 2 but seeing the rack at that distance tells me he is a big one
I have yet to see a doe in range just a weird year so far
I am done now bowhunting waiting till the next 7 days to pass till our gun season opens

leadeye
11-13-2020, 06:37 PM
Cutting wood today I found the remains of a buck minus the head. Didn't see a stand around so somebody must have tracked it onto my land and then hacked the head off. I'm guessing last weekend from the condition of the remains.

white eagle
11-13-2020, 06:48 PM
man that is terrible
I have seen that on the highway with road kill
they have a special spot in hell for those kind of people

leadeye
11-15-2020, 04:32 PM
Decent action in the woods yesterday, way better than last year. Howling winds and sleet today, nothing moving. Will try again tomorrow after work.

white eagle
11-15-2020, 07:16 PM
Just the opposite for me I am seeing them but more actual rut activities last year
Chasing and what not

Hogtamer
11-15-2020, 08:22 PM
They were doing more than looking in southern Ohio last week. Son saw this one twice but never had him in bow range. You'll have to enlarge to see this monster and he's covering the doe. Top center of photo

missionary5155
11-15-2020, 08:42 PM
And that is what makes it all worth the time and effort.

white eagle
11-16-2020, 11:20 AM
man that is a huge ol boy
best of luck to ya