PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treat!

Hogtamer
10-31-2020, 05:49 PM
Yes my kids still do it with the grandkids. Here they are leaving as "Law and Order"!
Also celebrated Gracie's 8th birthday today and I made a cake as usual...

MrWolf
11-01-2020, 08:29 AM
Wow, nice job on the cake. She loves me anyway. That mess was supposed to be a walker but the icing tube was way to big.

gwpercle
11-01-2020, 10:28 AM
LIKE !!!
That's awesome !

I sat on the front porch and passed out treat's to every little costumed trick-or-treater...
Had a blast ... a few more kids came by this year than last year and I was glad to see every one .
I hope next year is even better !
Gary

facetious
11-01-2020, 11:47 AM
No trick or treaters at our house. I did see a car going down the street with a bunch of kids following like they were having a parade .

bedbugbilly
11-01-2020, 12:52 PM
Great cakes!

Hogtamer - didn't see this until today but when I saw the picture of your grandkids on the porch ready to go T or T - it brought back memories of a photo of my brother and I, standing on our aunt and uncle's porch that was taken about 1955 or so . . . back when life seemed so much more simple. You have some nice looking grankdkids and I'm sure they bright you a lot of joy. Not trying to turn this political . . . just saying . . . when I see kids like that, I truly hope that things get ironed out in the country and that they have the opportunity to enjoy each and every day, follow their dreams and live good lives in this country like we have been able to. All kids deserve that.

Hope your granddaughter had a happy 8th birthday - that sure is a nice cake!

lightman
11-01-2020, 01:40 PM
For the first year since we've been married we didn't pass out candy this year. With C19 it just seemed too risky. We usually sit on the front porch or at the end of the sidewalk. But not this year.

elmacgyver0
11-01-2020, 01:59 PM
Wow, nice job on the cake. She loves me anyway. That mess was supposed to be a walker but the icing tube was way to big.

Funny, before I read the post, I thought that looks like a walker, then I though no can't be, then I read the post.

LUBEDUDE
11-02-2020, 11:43 AM

My first thought was it was that Doris was celebrating her 55th birthday of recovery in AA.

One of my kids is in NA so that’s why my brain worked that way. Every year clean/sober is a Huge deal.

Bull-Moose
11-02-2020, 12:01 PM
Kids were not out in number as in years past. Still handed out candy to those who braved the elements.

Winger Ed.
11-02-2020, 10:29 PM
The next door neighbor's 2 Great Grand kids came by, but being so far out from a neighborhood, they were the only ones.

gbrown
11-02-2020, 11:25 PM
Yeah, we only had the neighborhood children come by, maybe 4-5 groups with parents. Shut everything down by 8:30 or so. Sad to me when I think of my childhood. It is what it is. Hogtamer-- your grandchildren look adorable. Mine are well past that age. I think back on them and their mothers at Halloween, and can't help but laugh.

Pinger87
11-03-2020, 12:18 AM
What a crazy Halloween this year. Been seeing a whole bunch more of those candy stealer videos this year. You know the one where there's a "take one" honor system.... It's like all the loonies came out this year. And they don't just take the candy either, but the whole damn bowl.

MrWolf
11-03-2020, 09:16 AM
My first thought was it was that Doris was celebrating her 55th birthday of recovery in AA.

One of my kids is in NA so that’s why my brain worked that way. Every year clean/sober is a Huge deal.

Hehe made me laugh. elmacgyver0 thanks but your probably as messed up as I am to have seen that walker in that mess. Hogtamer's talent put me to shame. I tried but worst part was we each had a slice, was good, then the cake got destroyed. Oh well.

redhawk0
11-03-2020, 10:22 AM
The Massachusetts-Nazi's canceled our town's T or T this year. Its just kinda sad. I did get up to my daughter's house in NH...their neighborhood was crawling with ghosts and goblins.

redhawk