PDA

View Full Version : Lead and prices

skeet028
10-31-2020, 12:51 AM
I happen to have a large amount of lead, most in ingots and most good clean stuff. Not trying to sell it here as i am sure there is more lead here than at Lawrence/Taracorp. Want to sell it locally and wondering a reasonable price to charge. I even have a ton or so of large shot(BBs 2s and 4s). I had a couple tons or more but I made small shot with at least half of it. I only cast a few hundred bullets at a time anymore. Easier to buy what I need. One of the shotmakers is going to go to S&S so look there for the ad. Thanks for your help

TjB101
10-31-2020, 05:27 AM
$2.00 per pound is average for clean ingots when I’m looking at local prices on Craigslist.

dverna
10-31-2020, 08:08 AM
Large shot should go for about $40/25 lb if it is not oxidized.

Lead ingots should get about $1.00-1.25/lb. in 100 lb lots.

Bashby
10-31-2020, 09:19 AM
I believe pure lead is worth more than range scrap, maybe someone who knows will comment.

skeet028
10-31-2020, 11:32 AM
More than I thought for the shot Don't think or know about oxidation as it is in bags. What I melted before was fine but been a while. I do have some pure lead also some lead/tin in various ratios. Thanks for the replies y'all. Going to put an ad in the paper and get most of this stuff gone. I even have a couple hundred pounds of lead containers for nuclear medicines. Most of that stuff is HARD. The shot went right into the shotmaker when I needed to make 8's...already had antimony in it. Thanks again